Anyone using the Realis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
RB37, I've been dying to order the Realis myself. I just got my Colibri and think it's really nice. A lot noisy and airy, but nice. I just might order it today for kicks but I was really curious if the Realis and Colibri are compatible. Either way, nothing will ever replace my Inferno with Boge soft tip cartos or tankomizers. Or at least until the next gen stuff emerges.

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
I just got in my realis, it is NOT compatible with the Colibri (I have that also, they say blank cartomizers mid april! YAY!)
I do not get as much vapor as the video on their site shows.
I could deal with this IF the PCC held an assembled ecig, but it only holds (1) battery in charging slot, and (6) cartomizers.
O'well, another device on the disappointment shelf.

rambo

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Europe
I could deal with this IF the PCC held an assembled ecig

But it's pretty fast to screw them together isn't it? Smoke for 15mins and put back on the PCC to charge it and repeat for the whole day. The PCC seems to be some what bigger than a real 20 cig package, so this is no deal for me. Riva and Ego are bigger e-cigs, but they take way less space from your pocket since you don't have to carry anything else with it. Just a single cig.

Last edited:

brightroar

Feb 17, 2011
Manchester, UK
I've got one, and a Zenith. Been using the Zenith for the last month or two but have switched back to the Realis today as my Zenith isn't performing as well as it used to for some reason, get way more vapour out of the Realis, plus the Realis PCC battery lasts longer.

Liberro only do the batteries themselves in white with a red tip, which is awesome for not looking like a weirdo outdoors, but I just ordered an 084 battery from another site with a green tip on the offchange that it fits so I'll get curious rather than accusatory stares when indoors.

rayquitsmoking

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
michigan
i paid 35 bucks for the kit and its the best damn thing sense sliced freaking bread. the cartos that cum with the kit suck, but there dk tab vg and euro blend and regular vg is hands down the best ever period.

vapor 9.9
th 9.9
flavor 9
wow wow wow this is really a nice nice ecig,and this is coming from a guy who has tried all kinds of mods ,egos .u name it.

um liken this unit so much i think we should just keep it to ourselves..lol

u will need to buy an extra battery or two ,these things are small and easy to lose.

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
UK
ecigfind.com
Looks like this thread's pretty much done with but would just like to give my 50 pence (I'm a UK member) on the Realis- this was my second e-cig before I moved onto a 510 and I really loved it. As a noob vaper, it was a great one to start with as it really looked and felt like an analogue, unlike the huge Gamucci which I had before. I got a PCC with it which meant I could charge it up wherever, whenever which was also great.

The only two issues I really had with it were that the (empty) cartomisers were quite expensive and didn't seem to last for more than about 4 refills- I tried reviving them in hot water and drying but didnt have much luck. The other problem was with the batteries, which are so small that you don't get much vaping time before you have to recharge. I would recommend getting at least one spare battery so that you can vape one while the other charges.

Finally as with some other carto-based models you need to be careful about not overfilling the carto as the chances of getting a mouthful of e-juice are pretty high if you do. Fill 4-5 drops max at a time and leave the carto mouth-end up for a minute or so before you vape it to let the liquid settle. Also a thin VG mix or straight PG seems to work better for refilling than thicker liquids

Hope this helps:)

btw I will probably do a full review of this model on my homepage/blog sometime soon as I liked the Realis a lot - will post when I'm done.

bbtw I just found the realis fits my regular 510 mains charger which means now I can charge 2 batts at the same time!!

Last edited:

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
UK
ecigfind.com
Hey Ray- to fill the Realis you take one of the empty plastic cases that come with the cartos and fill them about half way - then slowly dunk your cartomiser mouth end first into the filled case-I think this is called the condom method (for obvious reasons). You then wipe the mouthpiece, leave the filled carto upright mouth end up for a minute or two and screw it back onto the battery. Sounds a bit messy but it works ok most of the time.

rayquitsmoking

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
michigan
thanks bean, my blank cartos came with the caps detached and the o ring detached so i was wondering was there a special way to do the initial fill.
the cap and o ring are not easy to install on mine i really had to bang that cap on there.

so do you put your cap and o ring in first then fill or fill then put the cap and o ring on?

i found it better to put the cap and o ring on then fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread