lost vape squonker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I'll try to explain. First, an image so you know what I'm talking about.

22-600x600.JPG

Obviously the squonk tube will be in the bottle and not in the mod like in the image.
The (-) is spring loaded, the (+) can't be seen because it is slightly covered by a plastic rim that will fit around a battery (+) but prevent contact with a battery (-), that's the physical reverse battery protection.
Now there's little room to place the batteries, you'll have the battery almost vertical (taking care to not touch the squonk tube recepticle with the (+)) and press down on the negative to be able to slip it in under the positive. That isn't really the part where you can damage the wraps.
When taking the battery out it's essential that you do so bottom first, if you just rip it out you can damage your wrap at the (+).
There's a trick: see that ribbon? Put it downwards before installing the battery and it will pull out the battery bottom first.

It doesn't take long for it to get easier, it's just very different to other mods. I'd say it's a combination of the spring slacking a bit and you getting used to that way of putting batteries in and out.
Very clear explanation. Thank you!

Does the secured end of the ribbon slide up and down or do you just pull the unsecured end down toward the negative end of the battery?

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
THANK YOU, @untar !!!

Everyone keeps whining about the Therion BF's tight fit for the battery, blah, blah, blah, but no one has ever came up with such a detailed solution. I just acquired 2 BF's and haven't test drove either of them yet :cry:, but did play with the battery compartment a bit to see what all the fuss was. Yep, it's mighty snug in there, so I appreciate your detailed explanation (always loved those ribbons)! :thumbs:

Reactions: untar

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You know what? I don't want it anymore. I thought it was a fancy mech. Plus my Geekvape Aegis and Wismec RX gen 3 died on me in one week. The only mods I ever had that lasted were Innokins. Even though the batterie is internal, they never blow up, and easy to use. Anyway I'm looking at the Innokin Lift Box. You don't even have to squonk it, it's a syphon system. I do love having to squonk, there is something fun about it. Like with dripping. For xmass my girl bought me a mod, and I got one for myself. Both Dead, and they weren't cheap either. To make a long story short. I'm done buying regulated, unless it's a $30 thing like the p80. If it dies I don't care.

If you are looking for a Regulated Squonk Mod, you might consider the RSQ 80w.

Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

A Very Nice and Compact Regulated Squonker.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Darnit, I'm getting impatient waiting for the new regulated Pulse to be released. Just broke down and ordered a Therion. Guess I'll see what all the fuss is about next week sometime. :thumb:

I'm not a TC guy, always use power mode. Will be interesting to try the replay mode though once the firmware becomes available. My only other two DNA devices are a DNA 40 and an Inbox V2. I've never bothered to download/play with Escribe since I only use them in power mode and they both work great out of the box for that.

Come on Vandy Vape....

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Just ordered a Therion 75c. Waiting impatiently...
Kind of like we all will be for replay, lol.
Lol, I think you're going like yours. Mine just arrived yesterday, beautiful mod for sure. I got the black/crown bull. Only gotten one bottle through mine, but she's a beauty.

I'm still playing with other stuff right now, so I think I'm going to put mine up until replay is released, and I'll give it another go at that point.

Really nicely finished mod. I expected it to be based on the comments from folks and the following Lost Vape has, and it doesn't dissappoint.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking at other Lost Vape models and also wondering if they will relesse the rumored 2x700 based squonker soon.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Just a note on the Therion.
I'm a bit...picky about bottles and how they work/fit. The Lost Vape black bottle was off white and it irritated the hell out of me.

You can use the Pulse bottles in the Therion, just have to use the Therion tube. They're a little snug but I've liked them better. Seems the Therion bottle always leaked from the air hole they have when using a refill bottle.

I've had mine for a little while and rotate it regularly. Between it and the dot I rarely use any other mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread