Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lost vape uses the dna chip which has a really good rep but is quite expensive, so there’s some of the expense right there. I myself am waiting impatiently for someone to buy a dna75C mod and try out the new “replay” feature specific to mods with that chipset as it promises to be a better and simpler TC system. If you’re not interested in TC the added value of a dna chip may be lost on you. If you are though, dna does the best TC.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Lost vape uses the dna chip which has a really good rep but is quite expensive, so there’s some of the expense right there. I myself am waiting impatiently for someone to buy a dna75C mod and try out the new “replay” feature specific to mods with that chipset as it promises to be a better

I'm at least one of those someones who bought one and is waiting on the new software to drop. You're right about the chip set adding cost. A DNA 75 color chip is $75 from eVolve for the board alone. Considering the mod includes machined and cast parts, carbon fiber and exotic animal hides, as well as the squonk bottle, USB cable, refill bottle, and nice packaging; the price is pretty amazing. You could never build one in the US for that. Everything I've seen about "Replay" looks like it's gonna really be amazing. I think Dicodes mods is the only TC that's actually notably more refined (and WAY more money) than DNA for regular TC, but it's still dependent on user input. Replay promises to change the whole game. FWIW, I'm really digging the Therion so far. Feels good and solid in the hand and looks good.
Charles

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm at least one of those someones who bought one and is waiting on the new software to drop. You're right about the chip set adding cost. A DNA 75 color chip is $75 from eVolve for the board alone. Considering the mod includes machined and cast parts, carbon fiber and exotic animal hides, as well as the squonk bottle, USB cable, refill bottle, and nice packaging; the price is pretty amazing. You could never build one in the US for that. Everything I've seen about "Replay" looks like it's gonna really be amazing. I think Dicodes mods is the only TC that's actually notably more refined (and WAY more money) than DNA for regular TC, but it's still dependent on user input. Replay promises to change the whole game. FWIW, I'm really digging the Therion so far. Feels good and solid in the hand and looks good.
Charles
Yep. Still gonna wait for a review though before I fork over a Benjamin

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Lost vape makes great stuff. But I'm with you, my mechanical squonkers work perfectly for me . I don't use complicated designer builds that require a ton of power. I don't use tc . Squonkers have a better chance of leaking than non squonk devices. Would you rather have that happen to a regulated mod or one you can clean off in the sink?

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The build quality from lost vape is worth it imo. They have designed a fantastic 510 connection and the board is sealed away from any leakage you may cause. The only thing that's a little annoying is their physical reverse battery protection, it makes it a little harder to put your batteries in the 1st 10 times or so until the springs lose a bit of stiffness. Other than that I've had no problems.
A friend of mine had to put teflon tape in the threads of his bottle because it was losing air while squonking, mine worked fine out of the box.

Looking forward to the replay feature, that could really make it a next level squonker. Maybe wait for it to come out and read some forum user reviews?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I am not really waiting on replay as TC is all I use. I just want to see how it is and works like. I did however order two VT75D's (each color) which have still not shipped yet on the slow boat. I was wanting the lost vape also but the price and the even lower price of the VT's I liked a lot better.
I am just more curious at this point about it. I am though eagerly awaiting the first release of the DNA 250C devices. I hope the price tags don't get too inflated that would suck big time.

Reactions: Letitia

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The build quality from lost vape is worth it imo. They have designed a fantastic 510 connection and the board is sealed away from any leakage you may cause. The only thing that's a little annoying is their physical reverse battery protection, it makes it a little harder to put your batteries in the 1st 10 times or so until the springs lose a bit of stiffness. Other than that I've had no problems.
A friend of mine had to put teflon tape in the threads of his bottle because it was losing air while squonking, mine worked fine out of the box.

Looking forward to the replay feature, that could really make it a next level squonker. Maybe wait for it to come out and read some forum user reviews?

Could you describe the 510 a little or take a picture? For me that would be the deciding point.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
It's this one
lost-vape-squonk-bottom-fed-510-connector.jpg

Lost Vape Squonk / Bottom Fed 510 Connector - Modparts.co.uk

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

One of the things holding me back from buying a Therion (besides the price) is that I prefer using an external charger and the Therion is reputed to be hard on battery wraps.

Is that what you mean by “physical reverse battery protection”? Is it substantially easier on battery wraps after the springs loosen up a little? How long does that take?

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
One of the things holding me back from buying a Therion (besides the price) is that I prefer using an external charger and the Therion is reputed to be hard on battery wraps.

Is that what you mean by “physical reverse battery protection”? Is it substantially easier on battery wraps after the springs loosen up a little? How long does that take?
I too read that the Therion was rough on wraps. It took a minute looking at it to decide how best to install the cell, but it hasn't damaged any of mine yet. The cell is situated a little awkwardly relative to the squonk bottle, but no problems so far. As of now, I'm really enjoying this mod!
Charles

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

My oldest Therion is a 1.5 years old and have yet to damage my wraps. The first few times you load batteries it is stiff and you have to use a bit of care, but the springs break in pretty quick.

• Informative
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
You know what? I don't want it anymore. I thought it was a fancy mech. Plus my Geekvape Aegis and Wismec RX gen 3 died on me in one week. The only mods I ever had that lasted were Innokins. Even though the batterie is internal, they never blow up, and easy to use. Anyway I'm looking at the Innokin Lift Box. You don't even have to squonk it, it's a syphon system. I do love having to squonk, there is something fun about it. Like with dripping. For xmass my girl bought me a mod, and I got one for myself. Both Dead, and they weren't cheap either. To make a long story short. I'm done buying regulated, unless it's a $30 thing like the p80. If it dies I don't care.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
[...] Therion is reputed to be hard on battery wraps.

I'll try to explain. First, an image so you know what I'm talking about.

22-600x600.JPG

Obviously the squonk tube will be in the bottle and not in the mod like in the image.
The (-) is spring loaded, the (+) can't be seen because it is slightly covered by a plastic rim that will fit around a battery (+) but prevent contact with a battery (-), that's the physical reverse battery protection.
Now there's little room to place the batteries, you'll have the battery almost vertical (taking care to not touch the squonk tube recepticle with the (+)) and press down on the negative to be able to slip it in under the positive. That isn't really the part where you can damage the wraps.
When taking the battery out it's essential that you do so bottom first, if you just rip it out you can damage your wrap at the (+).
There's a trick: see that ribbon? Put it downwards before installing the battery and it will pull out the battery bottom first.

It doesn't take long for it to get easier, it's just very different to other mods. I'd say it's a combination of the spring slacking a bit and you getting used to that way of putting batteries in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread