anyone using twisted wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I have not tried it yet. Because, I don't have a drill...I know I am risking my Man card by admitting that ;-)
Several months ago I ordered 100 ft of 32g kanthal A1 from Temco. I recieved 200 ft and an additional 100 ft of 32g nichrome. I will definitely be twisting some 32g in the near future.

Man card officially pulled.

I don't know how you people survive without a decent cordless drill.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Man card officially pulled.

I don't know how you people survive without a decent cordless drill.

((snatches Man card back from Asmo6))
I'll take that back, thank you very much :D

I bought a cordless drill and a set of bits today. I even drilled out a couple of air holes when I got home. Next, I will be twisting some double and triple strands of 32g. I will even try mixing kanthal and nichrome. I will share my results. Though it will take a while. Dare I try a 4 strand? Only time will tell.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Last edited:

propofokgov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
www.about.me
I've had REALLY good success with triple-twisted 28ga so far. Replaced all my Clapton Coil's with it I liked it so much. It heats up WAY faster than the Clapton with more flavor to boot AND it's easier to make. I'm rocking a Triple-Twisted 28ga / 5-6 wrap / dual coil setup on my Igo-W right now and I couldn't be happier! :)

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States

1 second blast on this 8 strand twisted 32g... heats up superfast
1/16id

daaaaaaaaaamn.jpg

To the question asked about what resistance - I run the 2 strand twisted 32G I run @ 1.5-1.8ohm's on kicked kayfuns. It zips right up. So fast in fact I've noticed the initial cook up results in a loud "pop" that sometimes shoots juice.

I've noticed some of you guys twisted wires aren't REALLY twisted too. Like mine I spin until they almost blend.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Wow, twisted 26g, ribbon, and 8 strands of 32g - oh my.

I started with 3 strands of 32g and twisted it with my drill until it almost kinked. I like the flavor it produces better than 28g. However, since I am using my Kayfun style atties on a Vamo and SiD, the coil is a little longer than I would like, in order to reach my desired 1.4-1.8ohm builds. I will increase the diameter from 5/64 to 3/32 or maybe 7/64 or 1/8.

I also want to try 2 strands, 1 32g kanthal A1 and 1 32g nichrome...and many many more combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread