Anyone vape just before you go to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Does vaping make people harder to sleep?Or in this generation,sleeping well sound is difficult?

Seems like it does, for some. I have had insomnia for over 20 years, so I can’t blame vaping.

Used to be I couldn’t drink coffee after 3-4 pm, but now if I do, I’m asleep before I can finish my second cup. Im a coffee napper.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
OTOH, If I have one coffee any time after noon, I can't sleep that night.

I know ... I'm weird ;)

Used to be I couldn’t drink coffee after 3-4 pm, but now if I do, I’m asleep before I can finish my second cup. Im a coffee napper.

Thank you Delores, now I don't feel so weird :thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stress can affect sleep in some fortunate individuals. Some are hardy and push on through.

Really sleep disorders of the less virulent "I have a sleep disorder" came about thanks to there invention of the light bulb and all that came thereafter, especially smartphones and computers and things that emit blue light more. The blue spectrum in light going through our eyes tells us to stay awake, darkness causes the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone. So too many folks with too many lights one.

One of the times I slept best (to be fair it was pre diagnosis) was when I spent 2 weeks living in a cave (and yes, given our society PAYING for the privilege) and we went to sleep when it was dark, and got up when it was light. There was lots of other stuff we did but to be frank (ugh, apart from the whole "no toothbrush her is a twig" deal) in many ways, I have never felt better.

Candles are not TERRIBLE they are okay but BLUE light is murder on you bran's shut down system. I BOUGHT a blue light to use at night when I was working a night shift. It worked. The occasional times I forgot to turn it on, I was dozing off.

You can get blue light filter goggles AND they do sort of, well, work. Or shut of the electronics at about 6 pm. Or take melatonin. OR just be a night owl,.

Etc.
Anna

Has not napped since 1999 and OH I wish I could.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I know there is alot of humor in this thread we all need a good laugh. If you are not sleeping well it shouldn't be taken lightly it effects your entire health. I encourage you to have a sleep study and have a professional help you it will change your life. If you have trouble sleeping and have health problems a good night sleep is the first step in how the body heals itself. Your AMA doctor may not tell you this, if they heal you they got to go out and drum up business, lol
Ok, I'm through back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I vape until I'm ready to go to bed. I take a mod with me and keep it on my nightstand. When I go to bed, I'll read on my tablet until I'm my eyes and brain are to go to sleep, which generally doesn't take very long; rarely more than 15-30 minutes. I don't usually vape during that time.

I don't usually vape when I wake up to go to the bathroom, but sometimes if I can't get back to sleep, I find one or two small hits actually help; go figure.

This is pretty much how I was with smoking too.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    trying-to-explain-0dkjis.jpg

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Too much nicotine can make it hard to deep sleep (look up lucid dreaming with the nic patch).
    When I tried the patch (before trying vaping) a friend warned me about that... said take the patch off before bed or I would have crazy dreams. Personally, I do have trouble sleeping when I vape before bed (physically tired but my mind is fully awake) Normally, I sleep very well (once worked night shift... had to sleep during the day, can sleep through anything now)
    My ideal vaping routine would be: high nic in the morning, medium nic all day and low nic before bed. That reminds me... gotta go vape ;)

• Agree
    Reactions: AttyPops
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread