Anyone's BP go UP????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
My BP's been high the last few weeks (that I know of, I've been checking it because I've been feeling a bit dizzy). Around 150/90...very high for me. I'm in very good shape physically, 125lb....5'5". No health issues aside from mitral valve regurgitation (moderate but non-symptomatic) and problems with one ear that I've had surgery on twice (cholesteatoma, which I thought was the cause of the dizziness...still may be). I don't take any meds aside from a rare pseudoephedrine for my sinus'.

One of the gals at work said maybe it was my e-cig, which I of course scoffed at. ;)

It ALSO could be the fact that my mom passed unexpectantly almost 3 weeks ago. I'm an only child, my dad passed almost 14 years ago. That left me to deal with the medical decisions and of course I'm still beating myself up as to whether or not I made the right calls in the few days she was in the hospital. So yeah, I'm a little STRESSED....to top it off, my hubby and 22 yr. old son are acting like 3 year olds towards each other and I'm about ready to beat both their @sses. :D I just don't need the additional stress.

Oh yeah, and I'm hot flashing too. Which could be menopause OR the e-cig.....Ain't life grand?

So...Anyone with ^BP and/or hot flashes??? I know, I know, go see a doctor. I work for two GP's but I wanted to see if anyone else had these symptoms besides me.

TIA,
Lorraine

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
I'm very sorry for your losses,
and for the pressures that have fallen on your sholders.

As for B.P. mine has always been very high and regulated by meds twice a day...because of this fact alone,my Dr. didn't care for the idea of basicly unregulated ...
(at the exit of my carts) Nicotine intake.

But I was just so disgusted with all the other smoking cessation devices, that I've gone against his recomendation of going cold turkey .
I've been there too many times in the past only to return to smoking cigarettes.

So far My B.P. has remained about the same as it was while using nicotine the more conventional way.

Best of luck to you in these trying times...
and remember,Things ALWAYS get better in time.;)

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I'm very sorry for your losses,
and for the pressures that have fallen on your sholders.

As for B.P. mine has always been very high and regulated by meds twice a day...because of this fact alone,my Dr. didn't care for the idea of basicly unregulated ...
(at the exit of my carts) Nicotine intake.

But I was just so disgusted with all the other smoking cessation devices, that I've gone against his recomendation of going cold turkey .
I've been there too many times in the past only to return to smoking cigarettes.

So far My B.P. has remained about the same as it was while using nicotine the more conventional way.

Best of luck to you in these trying times...
and remember,Things ALWAYS get better in time.;)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I'd actually bumped the nic level up in an attempt to alleviate the craving for analogs. That's just been this last week though and I've still only got it at 12mg, so I don't think that's very high, it was 9mg before that.

I'll have to get the Doc's input on this tomorrow I guess. I'd really prefer to not take any meds if this is just a situational stress related thing. I really thought it was probably my ear acting up as I'd had to cancel my ear dr. appointment when my mom took ill.

I'm sure it would help if the testosterone level here at home would level off....hehe.....

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I am very, very sorry for the loss of you mother. Yes, understandably, you are very stressed.

As for blood pressure, before I started vaping mine was 230/110 and my HR was in the 130's, normal is 60-80. I was taking pills twice a day to try and get it down and it wasn't working at all. According to my doctor I was days away from either a stroke or a heart attack. Within a week of vaping my numbers were all normal and they still are a couple of months later. If I smoke a cig, they go right back up.

Everyone is different and since you are having symptoms I do suggest a visit to your doctor just to make sure.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I am very, very sorry for the loss of you mother. Yes, understandably, you are very stressed.

As for blood pressure, before I started vaping mine was 230/110 and my HR was in the 130's, normal is 60-80. I was taking pills twice a day to try and get it down and it wasn't working at all. According to my doctor I was days away from either a stroke or a heart attack. Within a week of vaping my numbers were all normal and they still are a couple of months later. If I smoke a cig, they go right back up.

Everyone is different and since you are having symptoms I do suggest a visit to your doctor just to make sure.

Thanks for the condolences.

I'll have one of the gals at work keep an eye on it tomorrow.

That's what I kept reading on the forum, that everyone's numbers had dropped. I was just curious as to whether anyone had an adverse reaction.

Thanks again,

Lorraine

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
I've been more or less keeping track of mine since I started vaporing a week ago (today!). Normal for me is around 95/65, Saturday I was up to 110/70 (give or take). HR has stayed about the same (right around 70).

Of course, I could stand to go up a bit... I'm terribly underweight and have circulation problems in my extremities from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread