Anything like this exist? (tool for checking under load voltage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
i'm sure many people in the rba forum use multimeters on their posts to check under load voltage. Maybe there is some easy way I'm missing, but it's always a hassle trying to firmly jab two probes into the tiny screws, while at the same time firing the device, and holding the device, and making sure you don't burn yourself on the hot coil, and making sure the multimeter doesn't slide off the table with the cables moving around.

There seemed a very simple solution, a pair of replacement "diagnostic screws" which have a hole/slot in the top to firmly hold multimeter probes. This way you could just replace the stock screws with these and slip the probes in, seems like it would be much easier than a method requiring 4 hands. Most RBAs I've used seem to share the same thread pattern for the binding posts so such a product should work across most attys.

Obviously this wouldn't be something to leave on your device all the time, as the probe holder portion likely wouldn't be small enough to fit under any top caps out there, just something to throw on which makes it easier to test under load voltage.

Anything like this out there?

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
they have inline volt meters out there. but I just fire my device and check it with my fluke.

Yeah I've seen the inlines... don't like such a limited item. I trust my multimeter more, and it's useful for so much more as well. I just wish there was an easier way to quickly and firmly attach probes to the binding posts on RBAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread