Anything rebuildable top feed better than RSST and Kraken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
After tried many, I used to like the RSST, but the top cap keep popping off all the time. Then I got Kraken and like it. It is similar to the RSST but cap never pop off by itself. Also, I feel flavor is better when I adjust the vent hole smaller.
I tried Kanger protank and several other bottom feeders but don't like it for more than 1 reason.
I wonder if there is anything better (then RSST and Kraken), of the same kind?
Thanks in advance

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
The first gennie I purchased was an RSST as well (which I still like and use periodically), my current favorite is the DID from MMVapors. It has a smaller top cap and a fairly small air intake (though not as small as a Nahaulon etc) so it has great flavor. Additionally, the top cap screws on so you never have to worry about it popping off or aligning the air intake with the coil.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
After tried many, I used to like the RSST, but the top cap keep popping off all the time.

Yeah, that's the O ring wearing out. You need to get a bunch of them so you have spares when that starts happening. I've been considering a Kraken too, but it has such a small wick hole, and it's not insulated either. That insulated wick hole is a great feature of the RSST, which is all I use.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Better than the Kraken? To me that's a tough one. Different, yes. Better...? To me the Kraken is "just what I want". It's probably not the only atty that has it, tho. (Want to get my hands on a big tank DID)

If you have an RSST and a Kraken, you got two excellent points of reference. The RSST having and older, bigger style chamber. Kraken a smaller (now) medium sized chamber. My suggestion is to try the other extreme. Tiny chambers. While they're not my preferred vape, they are to many others. Like the Sat22 or the Nextgen. Or mostly any smaller diameter gennies like the Aga... gah I never remember which is which. The tiny titanium one that isn't half bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread