Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm curious if any Cerotank Mega users have tried the Kanger coils that fit this tank or if you all exclusively use the Aspire BVC coils (or Aspire BDC) coils? So far, I've been happy with the BVCs but wondering if anyone prefers the Kanger coils with it and if so, why? Thanks so much!

I think @ENAUD might use the Kanger coils. I would think they're also quite good. My issue with Kanger was never performance related - instead it was the constant confusion related to which coils go with which tanks. And I liked the coils I was using in the Mega-thingamajiggie tank. They were good.

My son and his best friend also swear by them, so...

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I think @ENAUD might use the Kanger coils. I would think they're also quite good. My issue with Kanger was never performance related - instead it was the constant confusion related to which coils go with which tanks. And I liked the coils I was using in the Mega-thingamajiggie tank. They were good.

My son and his best friend also swear by them, so...

I know what you mean about which coils go with what... they could make it a lot easier than they do!! Thanks for your thoughts!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I know what you mean about which coils go with what... they could make it a lot easier than they do!! Thanks for your thoughts!

I've seen less challenges with a Rubik's Cube than figuring out Kangacoils. ;-)

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Finished my first tank in the mega cerotank.
I like it better than the cerotank v2.

These cerotanks are really nice.

Yeah! :thumb: The megas are my favorites followed closely by the V2s. Both are awesome tanks.

Also want to add that the eye appeal of the mega is much nicer on a 'vari (short & fat) without the added height of the V2 (long and skinny).

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm curious if any Cerotank Mega users have tried the Kanger coils that fit this tank or if you all exclusively use the Aspire BVC coils (or Aspire BDC) coils? So far, I've been happy with the BVCs but wondering if anyone prefers the Kanger coils with it and if so, why? Thanks so much!
I use the Protank 2 heads in mine, and the Aspire BVC's. Lately I am moving back to the PT2 heads because I can re-build and re-wick them. If I re-wick with cotton every other fill I can get weeks from a coil, and the flavor stays good for me.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I use the Protank 2 heads in mine, and the Aspire BVC's. Lately I am moving back to the PT2 heads because I can re-build and re-wick them. If I re-wick with cotton every other fill I can get weeks from a coil, and the flavor stays good for me.

Up until now, I've only used the Aspire BVCs but you have given me the idea of getting some of the PT2s for the ease of rebuilding. Never thought of that before but now it may be a necessity.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Up until now, I've only used the Aspire BVCs but you have given me the idea of getting some of the PT2s for the ease of rebuilding. Never thought of that before but now it may be a necessity.
I've got about six PT2 heads in rotation, I keep them in the little cosmetic travel jars, I don't remember the last time I needed to open a new blister pack, As long as the wire doesn't pop they really last a long time. When I re-coil them I use the 2.2Ω res/no-res wires.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I've got about six PT2 heads in rotation, I keep them in the little cosmetic travel jars, I don't remember the last time I needed to open a new blister pack, As long as the wire doesn't pop they really last a long time. When I re-coil them I use the 2.2Ω res/no-res wires.

Thank you! I never thought I would go back to the kanger PT2 coils but I just ordered a few boxes. :)

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books

Wow! Just watched a Youtube vid on this and it looks really fiddly :eek:
Don't think I could do it - but ... may need to try.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016

Thanks, Enaud! I don't build or wick - no desire to learn how to do it even though everyone says it's sooo much more flavorful & satisfying. I know many who do will appreciate your sage advice on re-wicking though and I appreciate your time & energy responding to my query. Maybe next time I need to change coils, I will try one of my Kanger PT2 heads just to see if there's a difference in flavor in my Mega. :)

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
As long as the premade Aspire BVC coils are available, I will continue to use them.

For me, the PT2 coils will be packed with my other vapocalypse gear. The way I see it, never know when they may come in handy.

I also hate the thought of rebuilding but with the future so uncertain, it's good to have a backup plan.

Does anyone know how to rebuild the Aspire BVC coils? I'm saving the spent ones too.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
As long as the premade Aspire BVC coils are available, I will continue to use them.

For me, the PT2 coils will be packed with my other vapocalypse gear. The way I see it, never know when they may come in handy.

I also hate the thought of rebuilding but with the future so uncertain, it's good to have a backup plan.

Does anyone know how to rebuild the Aspire BVC coils? I'm saving the spent ones too.

Sorry, @Krisma , to call you into this thread, but your expertise has been requested. Rebuilding Aspire BVC coils. I won't even attempt to do what you do so well. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry, @Krisma , to call you into this thread, but your expertise has been requested. Rebuilding Aspire BVC coils. I won't even attempt to do what you do so well. ;)

Even if you could easily find your pictorial post in the BB thread, then link back to it... (just a thought).

THANKS, by the way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread