Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I don't mind people not using correction punctuation or spelling, the human brain can generally "fix" that when reading to get a general idea of what someone is trying to say. What get's to me the most are those that can't hit enter a few times to prevent a single paragraph from running on and on and on. For some, one paragraph = 1-2 pages of text that I simply can't be bothered with long enough to take the time to read it.

I skip over so many posts every day because of this easy-to-fix issue that so many people have a problem with.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
You know what bugs me? Hard fudge. You walk by a fudge shop and the smell draws you in and you think "Hey, I'd like some warm, creamy, delicious fudge" So you go inside and wait in line and then you ask for your fudge and they have to cut it with a meat cleaver because its as hard as a rock. Some times they have to ask Chuck, the slow witted short bus kid who works in the back to come out and help cut the fudge so they get out the two handed saw and you know you are in trouble. Fudge should be soft enough to cut with a butter knife. So they whack off your piece, weight it up and give it to you and it's like a fudge rock. When you bite in, it feels like it you can actually feel your teeth wearing down when you take a bite. Rather than slowly enjoying the warm gooey treat, you are sucking on rock that melts super slowly in your mouth without any of the warm gooey-ness you want. And with the premium prices fudge fetches these days, it should be great, not a disappointment.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Call it a pet peeve but but when someone has a pet peeve, I sure wish they'd spell the thing they were complaining about correctly. It's apostrophe not apostrophy! Makes you look a little foolish.

Thanks in advance!

Apostrophy ... lol ... epic fail thread :blink:

Cheers and Happy New Year to the OP :party:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Some of us really do have physical disabilities that make typing interesting at best. I try to catch my mistakes before I hit Post Reply but I do not always succeed. Life sucks when your hands do not always work right.

So maybe look less at the form of the post and more at the content :)

I agree and sympathize with those who have a condition, which is why I don't really care about spelling. This isn't an employment app or an article in the times. I just want people to space out their posts properly so I can actually read them. I could care less if you can spell and if you have to use spell check 100% of the time before you submit a post, I can get a general idea of what you are saying or what you're asking me and I'll be glad to help if I can.

When it comes to a one-page (or longer) run-on paragraph, I just click the X and move on to another post. I do the same for news articles and other publications, on other forums and on blogs. Formatting means more to me than spelling unless you're writing a literary paper, then it'd be a bit more laughable.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
You know what bugs me? Hard fudge. You walk by a fudge shop and the smell draws you in and you think "Hey, I'd like some warm, creamy, delicious fudge" So you go inside and wait in line and then you ask for your fudge and they have to cut it with a meat cleaver because its as hard as a rock. Some times they have to ask Chuck, the slow witted short bus kid who works in the back to come out and help cut the fudge so they get out the two handed saw and you know you are in trouble. Fudge should be soft enough to cut with a butter knife. So they whack off your piece, weight it up and give it to you and it's like a fudge rock. When you bite in, it feels like it you can actually feel your teeth wearing down when you take a bite. Rather than slowly enjoying the warm gooey treat, you are sucking on rock that melts super slowly in your mouth without any of the warm gooey-ness you want. And with the premium prices fudge fetches these days, it should be great, not a disappointment.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Seriously HauntedMyst, you are a riot.
As far as my pet peeves - I have so many we won't even go there, lol

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I don't mind people not using correction punctuation or spelling, the human brain can generally "fix" that when reading to get a general idea of what someone is trying to say. What get's to me the most are those that can't hit enter a few times to prevent a single paragraph from running on and on and on. For some, one paragraph = 1-2 pages of text that I simply can't be bothered with long enough to take the time to read it.

I skip over so many posts every day because of this easy-to-fix issue that so many people have a problem with.

For the last week or so, every time I edit a post, all formatting collapse, turning posts into a big pile of text. Really annoying when all I want is to fix a typo or such.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa

You win the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread