Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My Aqua rba (clone) is acting up. I've been using it in hybrid mode with the Origin and just today it started firing only intermittently (although it's possible that it's been hitting weaker for a while. First I thought that I might have a problem with my coil but if I use the standard pin and bottom, and the 510 top on the mod, it works fine. It also works fine if I unscrew the mod tubes a bit and hybrid with the normal 510 pin. So it seems that it's the hybrid pin that's at fault. It's intact, the silver plating looks fine, and I tried to clean the pin - still acting up. Any ideas what the problem might be and how I could remedy it (without getting a new pin)?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I have a brass pin on mine, hasn't given me any problems. It's weird that it works fine with the 510 pin and adapter though, I don't see anything that can go wrong with it other that corosion build up. I would recomend cleaning all the contact points on the switch, tubes, aty base and pin, including the pin thread with alcohol.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I examined it a bit more and it does indeed seem like there's a problem with the battery making contact with the pin. I'm using flat top batteries only, and it would appear that the pin has some trouble getting a good connection with some batteries. One of my vtc4s fires once in a blue moon, the other one works better. My Samsung 20Rs seem to work (more or less) fine. I might have to trim the pin a bit so that the contact area is smaller. Weird thing though that it has worked flawlessly for a couple of months.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
IMG_1419.jpg IMG_1463 (Large).jpg
I wouldn't have thought of the contact issue. My pin is small enough in diameter ti make good contact with all my batteries. I'm glad you found the fix to your problem, set up correctly, it is a very enjoyable vape!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
AFAIK you want the battery to not be able to jiggle around at all in pretty much every mod on the market.

I've never had it set so that the battery jiggles around really, just haven't cared if it's not precise to the micron. Wanting to avoid any possibility of damaging the battery I've rather had the pin screwed in too much (into the atty) than too little. And it has worked fine that way. Not a huge drag to have the pin screwed in just the right amount, but I'm a lazy bstrd :)

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I have the opposite problem, no matter what 18350 I use, efest red, purple flat top or aw imr, or 18490 aw imr, there is always a small gap on the switch. I can get rid of it by removing the pin and adjusting the delrin in the switch up a bit, but I don't like having a small contact point between the atty deck and the positive post on the battery, so I just live with the small gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread