Arctic Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I have a Pico Squeeze 2 (yes, I know it's a squonk, but this is not about squonking), which supports Arctic Fox. As of yet I don't use temp control, but I do want to give it a shot at some point. My question is, what other advantages would it give me over the stock firmware? Do I need to continually update it? Is there a big risk of bricking the mod? Is there anything else I should be aware of if I decide to give AF a try?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My question is, what other advantages would it give me over the stock firmware?

I don't vape TC mode, but the reason I use AF on my Pico 75W and Pico Mega mods is becuase it adds a preheat (wattage boost) function, which is not available on the stock firmware for those mods.

There are a lot of other advantages and features it adds that you may or may not use. Best thing to do IMHO is to just install it and check it out. If you don't like it, just reinstall eleaf's firmware.

Do I need to continually update it?

For me, the answer is no. But if you use TC then maybe.

Is there a big risk of bricking the mod?

"Big" risk? No. But there is always a small risk of bricking a mod when you flash firmware. Follow instructions and you will be fine. Also, like I told you in an other thread, make sure you download the stock firmware from Eleaf before you do anything.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread