The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

are all drip tips equal???

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by incantius, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. incantius

incantius Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
    is there a difference in drip tips for 808s vs 510 cartos?

2. curiousJan

curiousJan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Central IL
    Yes, I have 808's from V4L that work on a regular 510 atty; but I also just bought 510/901 tips from COV and the Ming works for an atty but the Pawn is too tight. Neither work with an 808 carto, way too big.

Jan

ETA: On a DC regular-capacity 510 carto, again the Ming works, but the Pawn is too tight. I could probably force the Pawn and get it on there. And these tips are new/never-used so maybe the o-ring needs a little breaking-in ... 808 tips fit but are a tad loose.

3. incantius

incantius Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    tennessee
  4. curiousJan

curiousJan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Central IL
    Nope, I'd bet that you did not.

I forgot where I'd gotten 2 of my 3 808s ... that's the place. It might be a tad tight to start, but I bet that o-ring will loosen up with a little use.

Jan

5. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    some have a plastic taste. You really get what you pay for. I recommend the ming personally.

6. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Incantius sir don't think you wasted your money. If it fits a 901, usually a good indicator it fits the 808. The biggest issue you'll run into are people using the wrong sized oring on them, making them a pita on even the carto they're designed for. Other than that, it's personal preference. Some can taste the metal, others plastic, glass can break, etc. So as with so many things in the ecig world ymmv.... :)

7. Jslay00

Jslay00 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have exactly the opposite problem with Cherry Vapes tips. My Pawn worked but the Ming was too tight.

Actually, loose would be a problem. Tight, I fixed with 10 minutes of careful work with She Who Plans' emery board and some vaseline lip balm.

:)

8. JWolf

JWolf Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quality control is rather poor for atomizers (and likely most drip tips). In any case there is a tolerance for the diameter of the atomizer opening and the drip tip, and because they are all made by separate companies the tolerance for the diameter of these accessories is not exactly the same. So you end up with two parts at each end of the spectrum from 2 different companies by pure chance and you will have problems fitting. So its basically impossible to make a drip tip that will fit every atomizer (except maybe if they provided different size O rings).

For an example I have a 510 drip tip that would barely squeeze onto the first bauway atomizer I got. Got some more bauways and it fits all of those just fine (still gets stuck on that first one though).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.