Are all KR808D1's equall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajk511

Oct 9, 2011
Chicago
I've been using strickly vapor4life stuff since I started vaping, and the other day I stumbled accross myvaporstore.com. They have some really cool 808 stuff like the CE2 clearomizer (anyone have any experience with these?) that I wanted to get and I figured I could just use them on my V4L 808. Then I noticed that their 808 batteries are a bit cheaper than v4l, and as I'm looking to pick up a few new batteries I was wondering if there was any quality differenece, or if all the KR808D1's are the same. Any insight?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No they are not all equal

KR808D-1 manufacturer model with gold button - 3.7v and 5 second cutoff

Vapor4Life (current single logo ones anyway) - 3.7v 10-13 second cutoff. Note - 3.7v is 4.2v fresh off the charger w/ 3.7v plateau and then near the end of charge will drop off to 3.4. Manuals still have a hole in the middle of the threaded end but it looks blocked inside (just not sure how well)

New style - SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6 - I think these are all rubberized coating, 3.6v regulated(an even 3.6v) w/ 40mah longer charge for each battery size vs the above two, manuals have a more totally sealed threaded end and a tiny recessed button that's a bit harder to press - downside is their 5 second cutoff

Most people here use and recommend manuals - harder to damage or kill with juice leaks, easier to get a good hit. But a 5 second cutoff is a bit short. With manuals you can press the button in 1-2 seconds early so good vapor is ready when you start your drag so that leaves 3-4 seconds for the drag. If you want longer drags, you need the Vapor4Life one with the 10-13 second cutoff in their description.

I use all 3 of the above.

Cartos

V4L WOW cartos - the hottest (pretty much need a delrin or plastic drip tip instead of the end cap to not hurt your lips). Great throat hit, but the stuffing is rather tight so it's not as easy to get a big drag

V4L Coolcarts - similar to the WOW carts but not as hot

SmokelessImage/Bloogplanet cartos - bottom coil so the vapor is cooler with less hit, but stuffing is looser so it's easier to get a bigger drag.

And there are other stuffing cartos and reservoir cartos of various kinds sold at multibrand vendors.

Last edited:

Linbel

Sep 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I purchased my first two kr808 from Premium ecigarette and they are auto batteries. they have a lot of custom patterns and colors to choose from. The patterns are really beautiful. I purchased my third from Smokeless Image, this is the same kr808 auto battery. It just may be me but I love this the best. It holds a charge all day. It has a soft rubberized coating like Dormouse stated, that I love between my fingers. I have only used these, love the volt from SI so much that I ordered their new sealed auto battery that will be here today, I am so excited to try it. A friend of mine has gone through many in her first month from lets say non major companies and have had so many problems. Hope this helps a little, good luck

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The SmokelessImage and Bloog cartos can give vapor faster (I think) so it's not bad - I just have to remember on my Volt battery to only do a 1 second early press leaving 4 seconds for dragging and that's plenty. If I pre-press over 2 seconds before I start to drag then it cuts off before I am ready to stop dragging. However - I think there is no delay after the cutoff - you can just repress and start dragging again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread