Are cartomizers a good way to try new flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemmabell86

Jan 10, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
I ordered about 10 new juice flavors.
Now I realize that this won't do with only 4 clearomizers...

So, are cartomizers a good, cheap way to try out flavors without contaminating them?
I order and eGo-C Twist and an eGo passthrough, both 1000mAh.

I was thinking some decent cartomizers would be Boge Refillable 510 Cartomizers 2.0ohm:
[h=1][/h]http://www.madvapes.com/boge-refillable-510-cartomizers-2-0ohm.html

Good idea?

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I ordered about 10 new juice flavors.
Now I realize that this won't do with only 4 clearomizers...

So, are cartomizers a good, cheap way to try out flavors without contaminating them?
I order and eGo-C Twist and an eGo passthrough, both 1000mAh.

I was thinking some decent cartomizers would be Boge Refillable 510 Cartomizers 2.0ohm:
[h=1][/h]http://www.madvapes.com/boge-refillable-510-cartomizers-2-0ohm.html

Good idea?

For me, when Im testing new juice, I drip. I grab 4 or 5 attys outfitted with some drip tips and get to vaping. Dripping produces good flavor and a good cloud. I use different attys for different flavors (dont want to start having the flavors mix together). With attys, a quick rinse under hot water, blow out the atty, add a drop of juice directly to the coils and fire your device until the coils glow a few short times. Then your ready for a new flavor. Dripping allows you to sample and really taste different juices quickly and easily. If the juice is good and something Ill be vapin over the next few days, Ill fill a carto or tank with it.
If you havent tried dripping yet, I would HIGHLY recommend it!!
Good Luck, Enjoy and Keep on Vapin.....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Clearomizers aren't a good choice if you are testing certain flavors that can crack or melt the polycarbonate plastic, such as cinnamon and citrus flavors. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-33.html#post8158663

I don't drip, so I use ce2/ce3's. No polyfill to retain flavors like a cartomizer will. Reusable, just rinse, dry, and refill. Cheap. Safe to use with all flavors because these use a different plastic than clearomizers.

phoenix.jpg ce2-1.jpg CE3's.jpg

grodgers4

Jan 12, 2013
Indiana
I am relativity new to this myself but i recommend picking up a few bridgeless attys in low resistance (1.8 to 2.2 ohms) to go with your ego battery. Don't forget to pick up a drip tip or two as well. Its the best way to test new flavors. I also like to drip flavorless pg in between samples to clean out all the old flavor before I move on to the next one.

510 Bridgeless Atomizer - 2.0 ohm

gemmabell86

Jan 10, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
best way to find out Gemmabell86 is to research for yourself...
best atomizer - YouTube
gives you a very good search

and just for the newbies that are not understanding the "dripping" references....

how to drip e cig - YouTube

I think the best way is to ask the up-to-minute opinions of others with experience.

Baditude - I was checkin' out the CE3's, perhaps I'll pick up a couple of packs.

grodgers - thanks for the link!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
IMO, cartomizers are a HORRIBLE way to test out new flavors. With 10 flavors coming in, you would need 10 cartomizers... And cleaning a cartomizer is not a short process... It takes a lot of time to do it right... Boiling it several times, rinsing, wicking out excess moisture, and allowing to dry, the re-prime and hope the coil survived the process.

Pain in the .......

Just my opinion, of course...

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Thank you, Tankman.
Do you have any recommendations for attomizers?
I use an eGo, 1000mAh, as stated in OP.

Since your using an Ego, you would wan to use 510 atomizers. If your vaping at 3.7 V, then I would use a Low Resistance (LR) atomizer 1.5-2.0 ohms. Brand is a personal preference and there are varying price ranges. You can used Bridged or Bridgeless attys (there are arguements for both sides), but it is a personal preference. Grab a few LR bridged and bridgeless attys and try it out!!!....dont forget the 510 drip tips!!!:)
Enjoy

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Clearomizers aren't a good choice if you are testing certain flavors that can crack or melt the polycarbonate plastic, such as cinnamon and citrus flavors. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-33.html#post8158663

I don't drip, so I use ce2/ce3's. No polyfill to retain flavors like a cartomizer will. Reusable, just rinse, dry, and refill. Cheap. Safe to use with all flavors because these use a different plastic than clearomizers.

View attachment 171003 View attachment 171004 View attachment 171005

I was excited about using these CE3s. ordered a box and could not wait to fill and use them. Initially they were great, but after about half a day I started to get a burnt off flavor!! Not sure why. They had plenty of fluid in them, they were filled and sat for a good 15-20 min to prime and the initial vapes were good. I dunno??? I just didn't have much luck with them.....I really wanted to like them.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread