Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey,

Wanted to upgrade my MTL vape from 2017. Im a flavour chaser who's sick of building coils and was thinking of getting a Zenith Pro.

Ive read that Innokin has been having quality issues with the Z-coils. How bad is it? Is there any point to getting the Zenith Pro if i wont be able to find working coils???? I wanted to use the .48 plex3d and 1ohm kanthals.

Any better alternatives? Or is the quality issues not that wide spread?

Thanks guys

I use the plex 3d coils in the z-biip and absolutely love those coils. I find them to be long lasting, although I do use clear, less sweet juice when using the disposable coils.. (I also build my own coils, and use sweet, darker coil gunking juice for them, but I am more careful with the store bought variety of coil)

For me, vaping about 2ml a day, the coils last about two weeks or a bit more and I find them very good. Have nothing at all bad to say about them!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I cannot imagine rebuilding a store bought coil. I can imagine the husband doing it for me, maybe if I close my eyes very tight LOL.

I wish they'd fix the Ares but even if they don't the Zenith is certainly a gem.

Anna
Anna it was trial an error but once figured out similar setup to a clr the cotton gets pulled out of horizontal coil and replaced.

As for the Ares you mention i doubt they will come up with another version just my thoughts, what are they on now with the Zenith the 3rd version lol lost count ?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Zenith coils are just not cheap

Yep, Zenith coils aren't as cheap as some coils are, but for me...they last a lot longer than many other coils do. Also, some vendors definitely have a better price on them than others. PM me if you need some (less than $6.50/box of 5). The 0.5ohm-Plexus ones, the 0.8ohm ones, and the 1.6ohm ones are available.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I'm thinking about getting a new mtl tank that I'm just gonna be popping on my smok majesty luxe mod, don't really want to buy a separate mod for it. I've recently read this review, both Zlide and Zenith D22 are on it The 7 Best MTL Tanks on the Market Right Now [Mar, 2020]
What would you guys say about that list? Are there any other mtl tanks I should consider? Anna mentioned original Zenith earlier on as a perfect mtl tank

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
I'm thinking about getting a new mtl tank that I'm just gonna be popping on my smok majesty luxe mod, don't really want to buy a separate mod for it. I've recently read this review, both Zlide and Zenith D22 are on it The 7 Best MTL Tanks on the Market Right Now [Mar, 2020]
What would you guys say about that list? Are there any other mtl tanks I should consider? Anna mentioned original Zenith earlier on as a perfect mtl tank

I can't comment on most of the list because I haven't used them.
The Zlide, however, gets a big :thumbs: from me. Good enough to buy a second, and probably a third. Excellent range of coils available, to cover most bases.
JAC S22 tank worth considering, excellent build quality, local supplier, and another top fill.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I can't comment on most of the list because I haven't used them.
The Zlide, however, gets a big :thumbs: from me. Good enough to buy a second, and probably a third. Excellent range of coils available, to cover most bases.
JAC S22 tank worth considering, excellent build quality, local supplier, and another top fill.

I just had a look at Jac s22 on ebay, that's where I buy most of my stuff, and there aren't many options: one supplier of kits and tanks with very lows stock, and 2 suppliers of coils. Which makes me think that the coils will soon be really hard to get there. Have you got an online shop you could recommend?
Also, you'll probably be able to answer my question about TPD compliance in UK: obviously I won't be able to but Zenith Pro at 5.5ml in any online or vape shop in Scotland, but what's the law with regards to ordering from, say, US or China? If I order equipment from abroad thats not TPD compliant can it be confiscated?

Reactions: stols001

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
I just had a look at Jac s22 on ebay, that's where I buy most of my stuff, and there aren't many options: one supplier of kits and tanks with very lows stock, and 2 suppliers of coils. Which makes me think that the coils will soon be really hard to get there. Have you got an online shop you could recommend?

Also, you'll probably be able to answer my question about TPD compliance in UK: obviously I won't be able to but Zenith Pro at 5.5ml in any online or vape shop in Scotland, but what's the law with regards to ordering from, say, US or China? If I order equipment from abroad thats not TPD compliant can it be confiscated?
Order direct from JAC...www.jacvapour.com, they don't prostitute themselves through 3rd parties like many do.
Online discount code ECR69 for 20% discount site wide.
Used it last Sunday successfully, and just tried again and it’s still valid.
Not sure for how long though…
Eg, SERIES-22 Work & Play Bundle £64.99
With code, £52.64.
I'm not 100% on TPD compliance regarding non EU manufactured products, sorry.
I try my hardest to avoid Chinese made items, although it's very difficult with vape hardware. JAC is designed in Scotland, but manufactured in China. Profits end up in Scotland. That's the main thing.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Order direct from JAC...www.jacvapour.com, they don't prostitute themselves through 3rd parties like many do.
Online discount code ECR69 for 20% discount site wide.
Used it last Sunday successfully, and just tried again and it’s still valid.
Not sure for how long though…
Eg, SERIES-22 Work & Play Bundle £64.99
With code, £52.64.
I'm not 100% on TPD compliance regarding non EU manufactured products, sorry.
I try my hardest to avoid Chinese made items, although it's very difficult with vape hardware. JAC is designed in Scotland, but manufactured in China. Profits end up in Scotland. That's the main thing.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cool, thanks, I'll definitely look into it, I didn't know about the existence of this company until you wrote about it. Like I said, it's only the bare tank that I'm after, trying to keep the costs low and I already spent 250-300 quid on vaping supplies and hardware in the last 2 weeks. The coil bundles they have (5 various coils for a fiver) seem a good value as well and I'm too fresh into vaping to be very picky. I'm just going through other stuff they sell and I already found some stuff I haven't seen on ebay.

It's really hard to avoid Chinese made items but that's unfortunately the current reality of markets worldwide- if you don't manufacture in China, you can't drive the production costs down and you won't be competitive and grow. Vaping market is even harder since China is the place where vaping was pretty much invented... Sad but real, with some exceptions, but in majority cases it is what it is, and awareness by minority of consumers won't change anything unless masses also change their approach... It's a price to be paid for the free market

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
Cool, thanks, I'll definitely look into it, I didn't know about the existence of this company until you wrote about it. Like I said, it's only the bare tank that I'm after, trying to keep the costs low and I already spent 250-300 quid on vaping supplies and hardware in the last 2 weeks. The coil bundles they have (5 various coils for a fiver) seem a good value as well and I'm too fresh into vaping to be very picky. I'm just going through other stuff they sell and I already found some stuff I haven't seen on ebay.

It's really hard to avoid Chinese made items but that's unfortunately the current reality of markets worldwide- if you don't manufacture in China, you can't drive the production costs down and you won't be competitive and grow. Vaping market is even harder since China is the place where vaping was pretty much invented... Sad but real, with some exceptions, but in majority cases it is what it is, and awareness by minority of consumers won't change anything unless masses also change their approach... It's a price to be paid for the free market
Totally agree, hope I've been of help.
The 1.0 ohm MTL coils work best for me, closest to smoking a cig.
The Zlide tanks fit my JAC mods, and the S22 tanks fit my Innokin mods.
JAC customer service is top notch.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Totally agree, hope I've been of help.
The 1.0 ohm MTL coils work best for me, closest to smoking a cig.
The Zlide tanks fit my JAC mods, and the S22 tanks fit my Innokin mods.
JAC customer service is top notch.

I'll be vaping using my smok majesty luxe mod, I've already tested the innokin t18e prism tank with it and it works fine after setting the wattage right at 14W (same as the mod the tank was designed for), so I think it will handle virtually any tank just fine. And I won't really have to worry about the battery anymore, this is gonna be like hooking an electric toothbrush onto a car battery :D

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
I'll be vaping using my smok majesty luxe mod, I've already tested the innokin t18e prism tank with it and it works fine after setting the wattage right at 14W (same as the mod the tank was designed for), so I think it will handle virtually any tank just fine. And I won't really have to worry about the battery anymore, this is gonna be like hooking an electric toothbrush onto a car battery :D
I'm at 12 - 15W, dependant on coils, mod, and juice.
But there aren't any rules, it's all about YOU.
Sod what others are doing. Find a combo that suits your needs, we're all different.
Lamb is lovely roasted, with mint sauce, rosemary, and roast potatoes, but I'd never follow one down a blind alley or over a cliff.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@PeterKay - You'll need to watch out with the Zenith D22 tanks, as far as TPD stuff. The D22 comes in both the 2mL TPD version and the 3mL rest of the world version. I have both sizes, and they vape the same, IMO. Only difference is the colors they made each in and the capacity of the tank.

It's hard to go wrong with a Zenith original 4mL tank or either of the D22 versions, IMO. They're definitely my absolute favorite drop-in coil tanks. I have the Zlide tanks, too, but I'm not nearly as impressed with them as with the various Zeniths.

ETA: By the way - I have several of the Jac Vapour Series-B DNA 75W 25mm mods in Sandstorm and also 1 of their S17 kits. I'd highly recommend any of the Zenith tanks I mentioned...over the S17 tank in a heartbeat...no doubt about it. I don't know if the S22 tank vapes the same though, and is just a larger size or not. But that's just my personal choice and :2c: worth of info.

Last edited:

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
@PeterKay - You'll need to watch out with the Zenith D22 tanks, as far as TPD stuff. The D22 comes in both the 2mL TPD version and the 3mL rest of the world version. I have both sizes, and they vape the same, IMO. Only difference is the colors they made each in and the capacity of the tank.

It's hard to go wrong with a Zenith original 4mL tank or either of the D22 versions, IMO. They're definitely my absolute favorite drop-in coil tanks. I have the Zlide tanks, too, but I'm not nearly as impressed with them as with the various Zeniths.

ETA: By the way - I have several of the Jac Vapour Series-B DNA 75W 25mm mods in Sandstorm and also 1 of their s22 kits. I highly recommend any of the Zenith tanks I mentioned...over the s22 tank in a heartbeat...no doubt about it. But that's just my personal choice and :2c: worth of info.
Are your S22 tanks the latest top fill version?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Are your S22 tanks the latest top fill version?

I went back and edited my post above, to reflect that the kit with tank that I got was actually the S17...not the S22 as I thought it was. The S17 tank in the kit is a topfill, and was gotten from JV in December of 2018. After trying it, and not liking it much at all...I never went back to even consider the S22 tank that was offered as an optional purchase that December. To me, the smooth vapor, terrific flavor, and the coil longevity I get from the Zeniths...beat the S17 by a mile. Not being able to get the coils for it anywhere in the US was a big drawback to it for me, too.

So, if there are major differences/improvements between the S17 tank and the S22 tank...other than just the size, it may well be a better tank than the S17. IDK though.

Captain Grey

Apr 29, 2020
SW Scotland
I went back and edited my post above, to reflect that the kit with tank that I got was actually the S17...not the S22 as I thought it was. The S17 tank in the kit is a topfill, and was gotten from JV in December of 2018. After trying it, and not liking it much at all...I never went back to even consider the S22 tank that was offered as an optional purchase that December. To me, the smooth vapor, terrific flavor, and the coil longevity I get from the Zeniths...beat the S17 by a mile. Not being able to get the coils for it anywhere in the US was a big drawback to it for me, too.

So, if there are major differences/improvements between the S17 tank and the S22 tank...other than just the size, it may well be a better tank than the S17. IDK though.
I've not used an S17 tank, so can't make make a comparison with the latest S22.
I'm impressed with both the Zlide and S22.
The Zlide is easier to fill, with the smooth slide top, but the S22 has a better, wider adjustable airflow.
Both are well made, but the S22 just feels slightly better quality, with a matt gunmetal finish to the airflow adjuster and a velvet latex finish to the mod and tank.
The Zlide has two viewing glass windows, whereas the S22 only has one, and is slightly taller.
Overall, the Zlide nudges it for the easier fill, but there's very little in it, imo.
Coils for both are readily available in the UK, and similarly priced. A few more options for the Zlide.
I've got two of each, and use specific juice for each tank.
S22-tank.jpg
41XVyfU10bL.jpg

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

Have the Innokin D22 3 ML version and original Zenith 4 ml tank and can say they are as advertised.
Also a note my doy e-liquid is around 92%PG some nic and about 8% VG so the juice is very thin and the zenith d22 and original Zenith handle it with no problems.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Hey,

Wanted to upgrade my MTL vape from 2017. Im a flavour chaser who's sick of building coils and was thinking of getting a Zenith Pro.

Ive read that Innokin has been having quality issues with the Z-coils. How bad is it? Is there any point to getting the Zenith Pro if i wont be able to find working coils???? I wanted to use the .48 plex3d and 1ohm kanthals.

Any better alternatives? Or is the quality issues not that wide spread?

Thanks guys
I sold the tank,the coil last 5-7 days for me while using...

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread