Are rebuildables to advanced for a newb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkpit

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Seattle WA, USA
I was a 2 pack a day smoker until I started vaping 2 weeks ago and havent had a analog cigarette since. I am using a vamo with a stv vivi nova tank which I have 2 of. 1 is working fine but the other is now leeking after I cleaned it to try a new juice, and every time I use it it gives a soapy burned flavor. I had the same problem with my other clearomizers with my first kit.

I like the concept of the rebuildables and the high end mechanical hybrid mods with where you are only replacing ss mesh and kanthal wire.

My friend who convinced me to try vaping said that the mechanical hybrids are way to advanced for me to use and I tend to agree with him, but he said the rebuildable atties might be a different story with my vamo or a provari.

I was thinking of getting a z atty u or a cobra tank. Do you think these are still too advanced for a novice?

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
Is driving too advanced for a person that does go-karts? No... you just need to learn and get the right knowledge and equipment. I think (personally) if I got started on rebuildables before the ego-t, lavatube, etc... it would have saved me money... so if you're a quick learner then I would say go for it but if you know your not such a quick learner then take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you are itching to try a RBA, why not get a cheaper Genesis that are recommended like the popular AGA T2. That way if you find that it is too complicated you are only out $25-30 bucks.

I'm a firm believer that whenever you start with rebuildables, you need to research how they work and are set up, and then get the necessary supplies (multimeter, micro torch, extra mesh and wire) when you purchase one. There's a ton of information in the rebuildable sub-forum here. Also check out the video demo that Zen did for Provape on the ZAP.

Z-ATTY-PRO Rebuildable Atomizers For ProVari - YouTube

Mdiddy059

Jan 7, 2013
sarasota florida
Like a previous poster put half the fun is tinkering and fiddling with different vape products. Im more of swap a carto and fill my juice and go guy or swapping my atty head in my vivi nova tank and keeping it movin'! But every vaper is different. Im into a side fill home brew tank right now with a standard carto and ethier a lavatube at home or a 1300mah Vision spinner on the go and couldnt be happier! Im 2months no analog. I asked tons of questions with sellers online to see what majority of ppl use, & tried many things and just fell in love with the way a carto hits, vapor production and taste. But school yourself heavy before you purchase new things to try:)

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Really... It just depends on the novice...
There are are people who have vaped for a year plus and wouldn't touch an bra with a 10 foot pole. They just want to vape w/o having to fiddle with anything. In fact, the husband of a woman I used to work with has been vaing for close to a year and still buys pre-filled cartos because he doesn't want to have to mess around with filling anything.

Other people take one look at all of the possibilities and instantly fall in love with the idea being able make their own juices and/or build their own attys & mods.

It just boils down to your own personality type. If you're a "tinkerer" who likes to with with your hands, go for it.

For me personally, fiddling around with atomizers and trying to come up with and perfect different coil configurations is almost as addicting as the nicotine. When I introduced e cigs to my brother over Christmas... I knew he'd be the exact same way.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
wait wait wait. lol a mechanical is too advanced? with no wires, nothing to change but a battery and is just a tube with a button, but a rebuildable that takes wrapping coils, twisting mesh, measuring ohms, checking coils is ok for a newb? lol sounds like your friends just dont want you to get something cool.

spend some time in the RBA forum and look through some of the posts many have pictures and advice out the yang, if you like tinkering and can understand basic electronic theory you will be fine.

ANY rebuildable. be it a dripper, a genesis, a hybrid or any of the RBA's out there all work the same way, come up with a wick, wrap a coil and adjust. fill and vape.

Rodderik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
Georgia, USA
if you like to tinker you can always try something like the AGA-T+ which has plenty of exposure and things to learn on the forum. for example:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nyone-tried-aga-tiamat-plus-w-glass-tank.html

if you are not familiar with RBAs, i wouldn't spend a lot of money on one until you are experienced and know they are for you. many good RBAs can be had for $25-$35 which is plenty to get your feet wet!

funkpit

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Seattle WA, USA
wait wait wait. lol a mechanical is too advanced? with no wires, nothing to change but a battery and is just a tube with a button, but a rebuildable that takes wrapping coils, twisting mesh, measuring ohms, checking coils is ok for a newb? lol sounds like your friends just dont want you to get something cool.

spend some time in the RBA forum and look through some of the posts many have pictures and advice out the yang, if you like tinkering and can understand basic electronic theory you will be fine.

ANY rebuildable. be it a dripper, a genesis, a hybrid or any of the RBA's out there all work the same way, come up with a wick, wrap a coil and adjust. fill and vape.

My friend was refereeing to things like the Zenissis, Macaveli or the Juggernaut which I was thinking of getting.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
There are are people who have vaped for a year plus and wouldn't touch an bra with a 10 foot pole.

I never saw the link between vaping and lingerie. Am I supposed to be able to unhook a woman's bra with one hand by now? I've imagined sex life would be better without smoking, but her I am almost 4 months smoke free and I haven't gotten so much as the time of day from the ladies. What gives? Am I vaping the wrong juice or something?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
with a nice VV you can make a wick and coil, wrap it as many times as your instincts tell you, and for the most part, you'll be able to crank the device up or down to meet the needs of the resistance you've made. with a mechanical mod, you kind of need to wrap a low resistance coil. making a coil is pretty easy imo. There are people that seem to be technically UN-inclined here that do have trouble with it for a short time but everyone gets it with practice. easy peasy. I use a bic lighter, 400 mesh and any wire i find cheap. fiddle, and it'll work eventually.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I never saw the link between vaping and lingerie. Am I supposed to be able to unhook a woman's bra with one hand by now? I've imagined sex life would be better without smoking, but her I am almost 4 months smoke free and I haven't gotten so much as the time of day from the ladies. What gives? Am I vaping the wrong juice or something?

Lol. Good catch. Honestly can't say whether that was auto correct or dyslexia... I was going for rba.
Yes... You should be able to remove a bra with one hand by the time you're out of high school. Tripping at 2nd base reduces your odds of crossing home plate.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio

I have mastered this. It takes practice lol. I thought mine would be too, but not so much. I had a girlfriend that was a smoker and she would always try to snatch my lavatube and vape away lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread