Are super-minis bad for the esmoking community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That is quite correct. A user can disable all kinds of things, including "cute" signatures (which I long ago disabled). Users can be put in solitary confinement via an "ignore" command. Don't like avatars. Turn them off. Use your USER CP.

This isn't about avatars, though. This is about strong personalities clashing!

Sparkie

Oct 8, 2008
Hi all.

I got my first electro ciggy today, the 'super mini'. Just a quick question, when I got it out the pack first time, I took a drag to see if the light would come on, and it did, but I also got vapour even though there was no cartridge in there. Why was that? I thought as the cartridge ran out you got less vapour, therefore its a way to know its running out also. Could it be where its been tested and there was some fluid on the heating bit still perhaps?

Anyway, lets see how long I can go without a real one :D

Thanks..

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Hi Sparkie, the atomisers are primed from the factory so may create a little vapour without a cartridge in it. It would be best now to charge it up and then put in a new cartridge before sucking on it any more, you do not want to burn your atomiser dry :) Some people also put a couple of drops of eliquid into their atomiser before using. I have received atomisers that are totally dry and need a bit of priming. If you haven't got any eliquid it would be wise to get some as the supermini carts don't last long and it can become expensive if you only use carts, hope you enjoy it and welcome!

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the atomizer is surrounded by wire wool sparkie.. the wire wool holds liquid and its the wool that feeds the heater coil.. as betty says they come with a factory prime.. without the prime they wont work..

in short the cart simply feeds the wire wool and keeps it wet.. its the wet wire wool that feeds the atomizer coil..

u need to get a dripper bottle u can then prime the atomizer directly yourself.. u dont have to but it improves e smoking.. just a couple of drops does it..

when a cart is smoked really dry.. so is the wire wool.. some people think the factory prime is special.. it isnt.. and a quick re-prime when the cart is changed helps the process along..

trog

stewart

Oct 8, 2008
I just got my super-mini.

to be honest, my first impressions of it visually are spot on. it's size and weight are as expected.

first thing i did when i opened the box was to unscrew the atomizer and give the battery a suck to see if it was charged. to my surprise it was!, then in went the cart, and i had a few sucks.

now i'm not sure if this is because the battery isn't fully charged but i have no vapour on the exhale. i wondered if it's because i breathe deep, so tried a couple of shallow ones and i did get a wimpy whisp. we'll see what happens with a full charge.

i kept getting drops of fluid landing on my lip... i wonder if that's going to be frequent *scratches head*

it's a very strange taste the first time hehe. very sweet compare to my rollies. i'm not sure if i'm getting the nicotine i need from the marl strongs supplied. might have to get some 36mg fluid.

i know you guys slate this device, but from what i can tell it's good on first impressions! i'll report back when i've used it more extensively ;)

stewart

Oct 8, 2008
been smoking this for 3 hours now. got through 4 carts and the low batt warning happened when i changed the to 4th.

i've now got an order for a 901 and ejuice from e-cigs.co.uk :thumb:

the good news is i've only smoked two real cigs today... i'd be at about 7 or 8 by now normally hehe

has anyone noticed that these supers sometimes think your still sucking... 3 times it's happened now where i've stopped sucking and heard this hissing, then i see the led flashes the same amount of time like when i take a really long drag. like the sensors got stuck... it's annoying cos i get a burnt taste for a few drags... i dont think it's the autoclean cos according to the manual that's after every 1500 drag and the light flashes alot longer.

it's good this! i'm really enjoying it, but at the rate i'm chewing through carts, it'll be done by the end of the day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread