Are there any documented cases of KR808D1 or 2 batteries catastrophically failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
ALL battery chargers have a shut off switch. When the batt is fully charged the batt charger senses this and turns off. Remember not just PV chargers but all chargers. If the shutoff chip fails the charger continues to charge the battery and melting or explosion of the batt can occur. It's a very rare occurrence BUT 6? weeks ago my charger shutoff chip failed. Fortunately I noticed. Pretty well all starter kits come with very cheap chargers. Either don't leave your batts charging unattended or put it on a timer.

Last edited:

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
I was wondering if anyone has experienced failure of KR808D-1 or D-2 batteries failing catastrophically failing as I use these type of batteries. I have visited some posts here documenting failure but as far as I can tell they were all APV batteries.

Thanks in advance!

Yup, I had one a couple of months ago. A KR808D-1 manual battery. I put it on the charger and when I came back to check on it, it was so hot I could barely touch it. Fried the battery and the charger.

No battery is 100% safe, always be safe when using rechargeable batteries.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
I had a no name 808 battery go on and then not go off again when I started vaping it. I couldn't get it to turn off, it just stayed on. So, I put it in a metal tub outside to let it drain itself and then I got rid of it. It wasn't on a charger, for which I'm thankful. After researching here and a few other places - and not just about ecigs - I will not leave a charging battery unattended or overnight on the charger. That includes my ecigs, my cameras' batteries, and my cell phone. Batteries can overheat on occasion; and eventually all of them will just go dead. It's what batteries do. I'm just taking precautions with all my rechargeable batteries to make sure I charge and use them properly.

VinceQc

Jun 16, 2012
Canada
Before I started reading the battery threads here I would leave my batts on the charger all night and never checked them. Now I never charge unless I am awake and keeping an eye on them. I have learned a tremendous amount from the good people here.

Yeah me too! Im never leaving my battery charging a night thanks to you guy!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Before I started reading the battery threads here I would leave my batts on the charger all night and never checked them. Now I never charge unless I am awake and keeping an eye on them. I have learned a tremendous amount from the good people here.

Don't forget that all the information and precautions regarding PV and APV batteries should also be applied to the lithium batteries in your cell phone, laptop, and even your electric car. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread