Are there any juice flavors that will not work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Juice only affects the tubing and bottle in our REO's.

The REO's are made to run 100% VG juice. So the tube sizing is ample for thicker juices.

Dark juices can stain the tubing and bottle. Very strong flavors can linger in the tubing and bottle as well.

Atomizers and cartomizers will still be effected the same whether on a REO or other PV.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I vape 100% VG also, and still use cartomizers. I find the darker the juice, the shorter the life of the carto. Oh it will still work, but the taste goes sharply downhill after a couple days vaping the same one. It's a shame, because all my favorite juices are dark ones. Oh well, compare buying cartomizers to buying cartons of cigarettes, and you'll feel a lot better.

manglepup

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
NOVA, VA, USA
Hey all,

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd pose a question in this one. I recently vaped some Honey Pearry (fresh) from the Vapor Chef in my Reo. The juice is really tasty, but since switching (two flavor so far, both relatively strong) I can still taste and smell the Honey Pearry and its just won't seem to go away. Right now I got my feeder tube soaking, by letting it hang into a cup with hot water / baking soda (I haven't removed the feeder tube as I'm a bit scared I won't be able to get it back on - and I only have one Reo). Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone could post their experience in removing a really strong flavor from their Reo. Thanks! (P.S. I will definitely be ordering more spare parts, but figured I would wait until next week cause I want to pick up a Reomizer 2 as well).

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hey all,

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd pose a question in this one. I recently vaped some Honey Pearry (fresh) from the Vapor Chef in my Reo. The juice is really tasty, but since switching (two flavor so far, both relatively strong) I can still taste and smell the Honey Pearry and its just won't seem to go away. Right now I got my feeder tube soaking, by letting it hang into a cup with hot water / baking soda (I haven't removed the feeder tube as I'm a bit scared I won't be able to get it back on - and I only have one Reo). Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone could post their experience in removing a really strong flavor from their Reo. Thanks! (P.S. I will definitely be ordering more spare parts, but figured I would wait until next week cause I want to pick up a Reomizer 2 as well).

Get a syringe and shoot up some alcohol in the tubing. Turn it over the sink and let it come out the connector. Then rinse with water. You can also fill your bottle with alcohol and squeeze, let it come out the connector. It is important to totally flush the tubing and bottle. Vinegar might work too.

manglepup

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
NOVA, VA, USA
Get a syringe and shoot up some alcohol in the tubing. Turn it over the sink and let it come out the connector. Then rinse with water. You can also fill your bottle with alcohol and squeeze, let it come out the connector. It is important to totally flush the tubing and bottle. Vinegar might work too.

Thanks, I will try that next. Is there any danger in using 90+% Isopropyl Alcohol, or would 40% vodka be best? I shot hot water / baking soda through the tube and after a 20 minute soak I still smell the Honey Pearry strong. Thanks for the help!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Thanks, I will try that next. Is there any danger in using 90+% Isopropyl Alcohol, or would 40% vodka be best? I shot hot water / baking soda through the tube and after a 20 minute soak I still smell the Honey Pearry strong. Thanks for the help!

Either would work. The vodka might be stronger though. Make sure you get it around the little o-ring too. Flavor tends to collect there. And rinse well after.

I don't ever worry about another flavor. I just vape through it. Most times a little flavor lingering is not a problem. Of course, I DIY and most of my flavors go with everything else!

manglepup

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
NOVA, VA, USA
Either would work. The vodka might be stronger though. Make sure you get it around the little o-ring too. Flavor tends to collect there. And rinse well after.

I don't ever worry about another flavor. I just vape through it. Most times a little flavor lingering is not a problem. Of course, I DIY and most of my flavors go with everything else!

Thanks again for the advice. So far, i've gone through many flavors and have never minded the bit of lingering (in fact I've enjoyed it on some); but this Honey Pearry is so strong that I can smell it when I bring the Reo towards my face, and taste it through tobacco and coffee flavorings (a slightly Honeydew and Pear aren't really mixing in with my tobacco flavors so well :blink:). It is this strong, even though the one I used in the Reo was diluted 25% with unflavored VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread