Are these Boge LR 510 cartomizers safe to use on my smoktech ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
if its one of the fatter ego style batteries (ego/riva/kgo of 650mah or better, more is safer/better) then yes, they should work fine. if you're talking about a cigarette sized battery then probably not.

also, if one of the fatter batteries, you might be better served by using 1.5ohm dual coil cartos instead. might not see too much difference in vapor/flavor, but they should last longer, then again they hit the batteries/mosfets in them a little harder...

either way, you'll be paying for something new sooner or later :) shouldn't matter if its more cartos or a new batteries :)

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes and Boge 510 LR 2.0 are actually the most popular cartomizers on all fat-battery 450mah+ 510-threaded devices.

Be sure to fill to stated capacity (1ml), clean up, lay on different sides and ends for a while (15-20 minutes is enough time for 80PG/20VG juices which are what I use and recommend in cartos). And you have to keep them damp while vaping so they don't singe. Using a small plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece instead of the end cap will make it easier to remove for checking stuffing and (with carto off battery) adding juice.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
i personally have never bothered with the 15-20 minute waiting thing, and have never had problems. put in 5 or 6 drips around the edges, wait 2 seconds, put in 5 or 6 more, put it in your mouth and blow at 'medium' intensity (you'll know its the right amount when the glisten of the juice disappears from the top of the filler material), put in 5 or 6 more, blow again, put 5 or 6 in again, and then you should be at 20 or so drops, which i believe is 1ml of juice if i remember correctly, if you get the typical 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos, they hold 1.6ml (the only ones i use myself), so repeat the drip/blow thing a couple more times.

cartos should be able to handle juice as thick as 50/50 no problem, unless its a very dark/sediment heavy liquid, then you're just asking for the carto filler and coils to get plugged up/caked on sooner than later.

then just 'light up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread