Are these prices decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fringus

Feb 11, 2013
Los Angeles
There's a local vaporizer store that's great, helpful staff and they have always helped me out when parts of my setup have broken and stuff. I want to buy a VV battery - they have a vamo with 2 batteries for 100 and a whole e Vic kit for 140. Is yet decent? I'd rather buy from a store than online as I know how unreliable these things can be in terms of quality control on the manufacturers end, and I know they wouldn't leave me hanging.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Fringus. The vamo wyth 2 batteries for 100, Does that include a brand name charger, brand name batteries and other supplies?

And Whats in the "whole eVic kit"? Batteries and brand name charger?

The price for the vamo is a bit high if it only includes cheap batteries, and a no name charger.

I will reserve judgement on the eVic kit, due to the fact we have no idea what else is (or isn't) included......

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
I would support your local dealer,IF you know that you are going to get good service, AND comparable product in the end.....
if they are trying to unload a box of crap and charge you a premium just because they can, then I would look elsewhere.

Local dealers do have upfront costs to contend with that an online dealer does not. You will almost certainly find the same product online for less, but good luck trying to walk in the front door of the internet and say"this isn't working correctly"......

Natural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
Brookfield, WI
I have been vaping for several months. I started on an ego twist, but originally wanted an evic. I couldn't justify spending that type of money until I was sure vaping was for me. A couple weeks ago I decided to get a vamo, due to all the great reviews I have heard from people. And with the price being roughly 50 dollars for the body alone. I purchased a xtar6 charger and batteries elsewhere. I can say I love how it performs for me and the control I have with it no matter the delivery method.

I did buy an evic at the same time as well, because there was a great deal on them I couldn't pass up and I wanted one originally.

For me, I tend to grab for my vamo first.

If you shop around, you can get an evic for under $90 or leas. Vamo will probably cost you a little under that for the body, charger, batteries. (Don't forget to get extra batteries to use when the others are charging)

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
The eVic Kit- Mine came with 1 battery and a USB cable and wall adapter for charging.
Bought through MVS (online), think it was like $107.00
Now, I bought a bunch of other stuff..extra battery, separate charger, Vision ET RBA, Kanger T3s, attys....etc.
The price that MVS sells it for is MSRP: Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. This is full markup of his wholesale price...
so, I know B&M stores have high costs (I owned one for seven years), but to sell for higher than MSRP is a rip...and I would not support it.
That is just not a good way to grow your business.
Your B&M must provide something "Value Added" for $140.00- Like several tanks and some good ejuice.
IMHO

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Here's some comparisons for you. I'd want to know if the kit included good quality IMR batteries like AW IMR or Efest. Also a good quality charger.

Vamo for $50 in stainless steel from Vapor Alley. They also have them in chrome:
Stainless Steel Vamo

From RTD Vapor:
2x 18650 EFest IMR for $8.45 each
Batteries : Efest IMR 18650 Button Top
Total $16.90

Xtar WpII charger for $19.95
http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/xtar-wp2-ii-detail

Total for Vamo, 2 good quality batteries and a good charger: $86.85

erawtik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Last time i looked the evics msrp was 140 and that is what i paid at myshop. I know it was more than online but id like to see the shop stay for awhile plus i got 3 months warranty vs 30 day online. My brother got one as well and already used the warranty walked in showed them they handed him a brand new one.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread