Status
Not open for further replies.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I did a few searches and couldn't find anything relating to them... so I personally wouldn't recommend using them for sub-ohm, or in a mechanical period until such a time that someone with experience and knowledge of these particular batteries says otherwise. I suggest you only use batteries that are tried and trusted in the vaping community for sub-ohm or in any mechanical as a rule. It just isn't worth the risk.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I couldn't find anything on them either. Where did you get them?

So, to answer your question on whether they are safe to use for subohms? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

If you can not identify the manufacturer, the model, the chemistry, or the amp limit you can not use that battery. In fact, I wouldn't put it in anything other than a flashlight.

Why on earth would you buy a battery without knowing if it is the right battery for subohms, or even safe to use in any mod for that matter. Feeling lucky? Money to burn?

face_plant.jpg

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Last edited:

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
GC might refer to Guangdong, China, where they may have been manufactured. Without knowing anything about them, I would only use them in regulated 18650 mods like a Provari or Innokin Cool Fire 1.

Where did you buy them from? If they have a good return policy I'd return them and get something suitable for vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
GC might refer to Guangdong, China, where they may have been manufactured. Without knowing anything about them, I would only use them in regulated 18650 mods like a Provari or Innokin Cool Fire 1.
"Without knowing anything about them", you still give a recommendation to use them in a mod? :facepalm:

Who can say whether these purple mystery batteries are ICR or IMR batteries? Or even if they are lithium batteries for that matter? (They could be non-rechargeable alkaline batteries for all you know.)

A Provari uses only button-top batteries, not flat top like the OP says these purple batteries are. A Provari is a regulated mod like the Innokin Cool Fire 1 - both which require high drain batteries for the buck boost circuitry of the processor. I still don't understand where the idea came from that you can put any kind of battery in a regulated mod because they have "built in protection circuitry". This is just wrong.

Never assume that a random vape shop salesperson or internet vendor knows enough about batteries to sell you the correct ones (safe & appropriate). I've read of vape shops selling mechanical mods topped with a sub-ohm RBA's with low-amp batteries; I've read of China distributors equipping mod kits with unprotected ICR batteries. Whoever is putting these setups together obviously do not know about batteries or safe battery practices.

Never use "just any kind of battery" in a mod. That is dangerous not only to yourself but also others that live with you.

battery_fire.jpg battery_failure.jpg

BATTERY BASICS FOR MODS: IMR OR PROTECTED ICR?

Last edited:

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
NEVER trust vape shops... A friend of mine were told that 2 350batts in a mech was ok... Burned all his clearos... They told him it wasn't dangerous to peel off the insulating foil wrap and put it in a mech... Made him throw away the unwrapped battery and told him never to use dual batteries in a mech... And scared the he** out of him when i told him he would lose a hand if he was ever an unlucky dummy... Now he's a safe sub ohm vaper and knows everything about sub ohm safety

I will tell you the same i told him... Ever heard of the 750mah ego batteries that burned down houses, cars and blew out peoples teeth?... Now imagine a battery with more than twice the energy going off inside a sealed metal pipe... Thats a missing hand if not more... Dont be a dummy KNOW what youre doing...

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread