Are we allowed to tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Despite being another curmudgeon with no use for social media, I have to admit that it's an interesting question. @VapePro, I'd suggest asking the authorities. There's a 'Contact Us' link at the bottom right of the page, or it might fit under the Site Feedback and Help forum.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
So you know how people put screenshots or texts from tweets in there New articles and online blogs?

Can we take ECF Threads and Post them on Twitter, other social media, and blogs?
That's good that you asked, hopefully a mod or someone will be able to answer your question.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
That's good that you asked, hopefully a Mod or someone will be able to answer your question.
I just sent a contact form. To support asking them.

I just think its funny cause you always see Tweet message pics embedded on web pages. I thought we should strike back! It would probably be good publicity for ECF too!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Unlikely. This would include unmoderated posts being immortalized somewhere else outside the control of any mod.
As to the "good publicity" that can go both ways, just imagine Stanton Glantz making an account, posting, then "collecting evidence"...
Hell, he just got $20 million to pay a horde of interns to do just that and show the world the ecf is really only populated by vaping kids...

The copyright is with the forum owners and with individual posters (as per forum rules). I'd guess you need permission on a case by case basis.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
@Vchick Im not saying im going to start blasting twitter and facebook, but yea sure, just my own comments. Why? do you care if you see your forum handle on Twitter?

@untar I see your point, but couldnt you just as easily blast twitter on facebook saying Twitter is just a bunch of follow 4 followers with no real purpose but to waste peoples time?

Besides, the real kids are already out on twitter posting there CLOUDS OF VAPOR vids and pics. If anything we would show the world how it's the mature adult thing to quit smoking. and how UnCOOL it is that all these OLD FOLKs are in to it.

Edit: We aren't vaping to be cool, we are the educators. I think many people dont know there is a place to get real answers on something they enjoy. I think ECF would really blow up.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
First, you need to have your social media accounts linked in your profile.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/account/external-accounts

Once that is done, look at the lower right corner of your post.

socialmedia.png

Click on the first link there (with the picture of the Twitter bird, Farce, errrr, Facebook and Google). Voila! That's where you can share posts to social media.

As for the comments regarding copyright, we encourage the major search engines to crawl ECF. Anything posted on ECF is out on the Internet within minutes of being posted.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
First, you need to have your social media accounts linked in your profile.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/account/external-accounts

Once that is done, look at the lower right corner of your post.

View attachment 770327

Click on the first link there (with the picture of the Twitter bird, Farce, errrr, Facebook and Google). Voila! That's where you can share posts to social media.

As for the comments regarding copyright, we encourage the major search engines to crawl ECF. Anything posted on ECF is out on the Internet within minutes of being posted.

Nice! Now ok, so can I just copy the text you just posted and post it on Twitter. Like yo! look what the ECF Admin just posted.

Like i would'nt post this. But if you were talkin about how great a mod was or something.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Nice! Now ok, so can I just copy the text you just posted and post it on Twitter. Like yo! look what the ECF Admin just posted.

Like i would'nt post this. But if you were talkin about how great a mod was or something.

No need to copy and paste. Just use the built in tools.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
Yep, I think I got side stepped

@retired1 So, those options don't work so great...
  • Email - just sends a link back to this thread.
  • Print - just prints the screen with the HTML div over on it. and everything else gets grayed
  • Tumbler - doesn't work at all
  • Twitter - posts small sized card with like 3 lines of the original question on the thread.
so screenshots Yes? copy text Yes?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well now that's interesting. I guess there's that ECF email that posts notable events on the forum but I was not aware that there was that degree of link ability to ECF.

Unlikely to do much (other than perhaps self censor a little more :lol::lol:) but I am rather anti social media myself.

I just finished American Vandal Season Two and I thought they did an absolutely lovely job with laying out tons of social media issues (which I happen to agree with) using the medium of poop.

You just can't lose with that show. LOL.

Anna

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yep, I think I got side stepped

@retired1 So, those options don't work so great...
  • Email - just sends a link back to this thread.
  • Print - just prints the screen with the HTML div over on it. and everything else gets grayed
  • Tumbler - doesn't work at all
  • Twitter - posts small sized card with like 3 lines of the original question on the thread.
so screenshots Yes? copy text Yes?

Would rather have you use the tools, as that could drive traffic back to ECF.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
Would rather have you use the tools, as that could drive traffic back to ECF.

I know enough about social media enough to tell you that Large size Twitter cards with pictures do a significantly better job of driving traffic. The ECF tool is not maximized for sharing. EXamPle: grab the link out of the URL on this ECF thread, cause thats what the little twitter icon does in the bottom right.

(having trouble posting a raw link. Copy the link and replace the [dot] with . when your at the validator page)

Ill put it out : https://www[dot]e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/are-we-allowed-to-tweet.881617/#post-21223167

copy the URL and test it out at the Twitter Validator page :
Login on Twitter (This is not the login page. hover over to see its the link to the validator)

Now take something like : https://www[dot]megavaper.com/best-18650-battery-charger-for-vapers/ and put that in the validator

See what I mean? If a link back to the source is all that is required. That can easily be done manually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread