Aria Oros... Reviews... Lowest voltage drop...Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Dielectric grease is to help prevent oxidation. A common type of oxidation with circuits is galvanic corrosion, when two different alloys/metals are used as contacts- in example:the male/ss 4nine. The button is a bronze like material, while the tube is stainless steel.. without dielectric grease, you'll be cleaning the button everyday or so, to keep solid performance.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
I know that the dielectric grease helps alot on one of my side button mechs, put it on the side of the copper contact the batt sits on and when the button contacts meets it it helps the connection. It also helped fix the hotbutton issue I had with my Valkyrie clone. Sorry to go on a tangent but what would the diffs be between no ox id special, and dielectric grease, and what would each of there uses be pertaining to mods. Example dielectric grease on button contacts surface, and no ox id on copper or brass threads to stop ox and keep good conductivity. Also is no ox id's only use to stop corrosion or may it fill in spaces beteen threads and help with connection and there for voltage loss thru threads?

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
You aren't going to notice any real differences in voltage drop between mechs unless it is in the 10ths of a difference. Buy it if you like it. that simple.[/QUO

I notice a tangible diff between mechs. The brass mechs with copper contacts hit very similarly, but much harder than ss with copper contacts for example. there are also other things that matter alot too like how many sections a tube has and if its a solid floating contact or a telescoping. this notion that there isnt a noticeable diff between mech isn't really true.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
You aren't going to notice any real differences in voltage drop between mechs unless it is in the 10ths of a difference. Buy it if you like it. that simple.[/QUO

I notice a tangible diff between mechs. The brass mechs with copper contacts hit very similarly, but much harder than ss with copper contacts for example. there are also other things that matter alot too like how many sections a tube has and if its a solid floating contact or a telescoping. this notion that there isnt a noticeable diff between mech isn't really true.
Measure the voltage drop on the differences if it is a couple of hundreths difference you are not going to notice. Talking specifically about the mech itself not taking into account the types of pins are in it. I will agree that there is a bit of noticeable difference from how many sections screw together. But all in all if the voltage drop is lets say .05 on one mech and .08 on another. Most humans senses arent keen enough to pick up that difference.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
Measure the voltage drop on the differences if it is a couple of hundreths difference you are not going to notice. Talking specifically about the mech itself not taking into account the types of pins are in it. I will agree that there is a bit of noticeable difference from how many sections screw together. But all in all if the voltage drop is lets say .05 on one mech and .08 on another. Most humans senses arent keen enough to pick up that difference.

ok I agree with that... a.05 drop as opposed to a .08 drop isnt noticeable

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been eyeing the Oros for awhile now, but that price has been a huge deterrent for me. I'm personally not big on the logo, while I like minimalistic, simple mods with clean lines, (Would love to get my hands on a copper SMPL!), this mod looks very unfinished to me. I DO however like hefty mods such as the Cartel LE, I have the copper one, and instead of the Oros, I went with the copper Rig "competition" mod and was able to pick it up for $175. It's VERY well made, and while I haven't done any official tests, it noticeably hits harder than most if not ALL of my mods, among the coppers, Cartel LE, Copper by Scottua, Da Iron mod, all authentic. To be honest, it performs more like a 26650 mod, and looks very nice. The ONLY thing I don't like is the tapered/slanted top cap, and the size of it, none of my 22mm attys line up flush with the tube. The engraving is very deep, and I think it looks nice, being a native Texan, and prefer it to the snake logo. I liked it so much that after dropping it on concrete and busting the button, while later I was able to get it working, although the button no longer sits flush, and I'm sure performance suffers, so I sprung for a 2014 ECC button with the beautiful LE button switch.

I'll probably get the Oros when and if I can find it in my price range, but in the mean time my gold plated FUhattan mod came in. While the majority of my mods have all been clones, usually only getting clones in trades and my monthly juicebox subscription to Vapebox, this thing has seriously had me questioning some of my former beliefs regarding them. The quality is excellent and performance right up there with some of my best copper authentics. This thing is a monster! I try and stay out of the "clone vs. autheniitc" arguments, as I really don't feel it's my business to judge others for what they put in their mouths or spend their money on. I have personal experience that says most authentics DO use better quality materials and are built better, the vape quality is nearly identical, as it's your build, battery and juices that determine this.

IMHO there are a lot of devices that are just "too generic", minus the logo to stand on a pedestal and go on and on about how "immoral" it is to have a replica of it. Is a LaCrosse a "clone" of Ralph Lauren "polo" shirt?? I DO feel that ripping of the logo is wrong, and it's far too easy for unscrupulous vendors/resellers to pass off as the "real deal" on new vapers and that unless a mod is just truly unique and innovative, take the ZNA30 when it first came out for example, it's really a ridiculous argument. I really admire Zen's approach and maturity about the situation and how he's embraced the opportunity to bring vapers together with the situation verses the way the more judgmental and shaming opponents have come out. I could also go into how many "authentic" modders/manufacturers "double dip", selling their products as "authentics" in the U.S for a premium while also "leaking" their designs to the clone manufacturers prior to or at the same time as they begin production in the U.S, for a fee. Of course I see nothing wrong with that unless you come out publicly against clones, which some are guilty of. Or how about the authentic modders who are lying about the composition of their mods? On the other hand you have "cloners" who are taking existing designs and improving them, providing a better product than the "original". I digress because the main point of this thread wasn't intended to be another "authentic vs. clone" but my point in all this is while there are valid arguments on BOTH sides, to stand firmly on either or is ridiculous IMHO especially when that attitude has caused as many divisions and arguments within the community. At least China and most "cloners" make NO allusions as to who or what they are.....it's disgusting though that so many modders have given in to the allure of profit over people and "elitism" and have forgotten what this movement is REALLY supposed to be about while claiming to be "all about the vaping community". This is coming from a person who like I said, purchases and prefers authentics.

To get more on point, unless a device has had reviews by someone who hasn't been corrupted by another area where the vape industry has become scandalous.....It can be difficult to make a decision on a mod. On the one hand if you wait it might not be available, on the other hand you may have shelled out close to $300 for a device to be a guinea pig, and requires a v1.5, 2, and so on less than 3 month prior to release.....I mean wth is a vs. 1.5 anyways, HELLO! Aethertech is one of those companies who is guilty of, requiring their consumers to purchase 2 and 3 more "versions" just to get right what they should have had ALL along! This along with some of their other shady dealings has turned me away from ever purchasing another of their products no matter how well it performs when there are just as good or better devices for the same or less.

The bottom line, do you research from TRUSTED sources, which it looks like you are, assess your needs/wants and compare that to what's being offered verses giving into the "hype", and in the end if there isn't enough info out there on something authentic out there only you can decide if you want to take the risk on it like you ended up doing. Sometimes it will pay off sometimes it won't. Keep it in good condition and you can always trade/sell without a major loss in a lot of instances. I personally won't buy a clone for the reason of seeing how the "authentic" will perform because there are NO 1:1 clones out there unless the modder IS double dipping and the authentic/clone are made in the same factory by the same manufacturer with the same specs! Fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon how you look at it, this isn't the case. There's almost ALWAYS going to be differences that may make a huge difference in how something performs, and I personally have found voltage drop to be very low on the list as being a reliable way to gauge how well a device performs when it's within a certain range.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
On Paper the Oros looks pretty impressive. I hoping to find someone on here that actually has one that can maybe share some first hand experience.
Thank you for that link btw
i don't know if by now this has already been mentioned but TODD recently uploaded a video doing his usual thorough review of the mod, so that's deffinitely worth checking out. I find TODD to be one of the most thorough, clear, and "up to speed" reviewers out there

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
I ended buying one and I love my Oros. Great device.

i don't know if by now this has already been mentioned but TODD recently uploaded a video doing his usual thorough review of the mod, so that's deffinitely worth checking out. I find TODD to be one of the most thorough, clear, and "up to speed" reviewers out there

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I ended buying one and I love my Oros. Great device.

The whole hassle of how the switch is designed and how it has to be removed with that tool doesn't get on your nerves? IMO, if I'm looking for a efficiently performing mech mod I'd have to go with an xxix, plus I just find the design to be much more appealing both visually as well as functionally. Like I said though, just IMO, so don't let my preference rain on your parade, enjoy your new gear, always a fun week when you've just received new gear.

Last edited:

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
Where were you able to pick up an authentic copper rig for 175$? Unless you got it used? Thats how much I got the brass rig for.

I've been eyeing the Oros for awhile now, but that price has been a huge deterrent for me. I'm personally not big on the logo, while I like minimalistic, simple mods with clean lines, (Would love to get my hands on a copper SMPL!), this mod looks very unfinished to me. I DO however like hefty mods such as the Cartel LE, I have the copper one, and instead of the Oros, I went with the copper Rig "competition" mod and was able to pick it up for $175. It's VERY well made, and while I haven't done any official tests, it noticeably hits harder than most if not ALL of my mods, among the coppers, Cartel LE, Copper by Scottua, Da Iron mod, all authentic. To be honest, it performs more like a 26650 mod, and looks very nice. The ONLY thing I don't like is the tapered/slanted top cap, and the size of it, none of my 22mm attys line up flush with the tube. The engraving is very deep, and I think it looks nice, being a native Texan, and prefer it to the snake logo. I liked it so much that after dropping it on concrete and busting the button, while later I was able to get it working, although the button no longer sits flush, and I'm sure performance suffers, so I sprung for a 2014 ECC button with the beautiful LE button switch.

I'll probably get the Oros when and if I can find it in my price range, but in the mean time my gold plated FUhattan mod came in. While the majority of my mods have all been clones, usually only getting clones in trades and my monthly juicebox subscription to Vapebox, this thing has seriously had me questioning some of my former beliefs regarding them. The quality is excellent and performance right up there with some of my best copper authentics. This thing is a monster! I try and stay out of the "clone vs. autheniitc" arguments, as I really don't feel it's my business to judge others for what they put in their mouths or spend their money on. I have personal experience that says most authentics DO use better quality materials and are built better, the vape quality is nearly identical, as it's your build, battery and juices that determine this.

IMHO there are a lot of devices that are just "too generic", minus the logo to stand on a pedestal and go on and on about how "immoral" it is to have a replica of it. Is a LaCrosse a "clone" of Ralph Lauren "polo" shirt?? I DO feel that ripping of the logo is wrong, and it's far too easy for unscrupulous vendors/resellers to pass off as the "real deal" on new vapers and that unless a mod is just truly unique and innovative, take the ZNA30 when it first came out for example, it's really a ridiculous argument. I really admire Zen's approach and maturity about the situation and how he's embraced the opportunity to bring vapers together with the situation verses the way the more judgmental and shaming opponents have come out. I could also go into how many "authentic" modders/manufacturers "double dip", selling their products as "authentics" in the U.S for a premium while also "leaking" their designs to the clone manufacturers prior to or at the same time as they begin production in the U.S, for a fee. Of course I see nothing wrong with that unless you come out publicly against clones, which some are guilty of. Or how about the authentic modders who are lying about the composition of their mods? On the other hand you have "cloners" who are taking existing designs and improving them, providing a better product than the "original". I digress because the main point of this thread wasn't intended to be another "authentic vs. clone" but my point in all this is while there are valid arguments on BOTH sides, to stand firmly on either or is ridiculous IMHO especially when that attitude has caused as many divisions and arguments within the community. At least China and most "cloners" make NO allusions as to who or what they are.....it's disgusting though that so many modders have given in to the allure of profit over people and "elitism" and have forgotten what this movement is REALLY supposed to be about while claiming to be "all about the vaping community". This is coming from a person who like I said, purchases and prefers authentics.

To get more on point, unless a device has had reviews by someone who hasn't been corrupted by another area where the vape industry has become scandalous.....It can be difficult to make a decision on a mod. On the one hand if you wait it might not be available, on the other hand you may have shelled out close to $300 for a device to be a guinea pig, and requires a v1.5, 2, and so on less than 3 month prior to release.....I mean wth is a vs. 1.5 anyways, HELLO! Aethertech is one of those companies who is guilty of, requiring their consumers to purchase 2 and 3 more "versions" just to get right what they should have had ALL along! This along with some of their other shady dealings has turned me away from ever purchasing another of their products no matter how well it performs when there are just as good or better devices for the same or less.

The bottom line, do you research from TRUSTED sources, which it looks like you are, assess your needs/wants and compare that to what's being offered verses giving into the "hype", and in the end if there isn't enough info out there on something authentic out there only you can decide if you want to take the risk on it like you ended up doing. Sometimes it will pay off sometimes it won't. Keep it in good condition and you can always trade/sell without a major loss in a lot of instances. I personally won't buy a clone for the reason of seeing how the "authentic" will perform because there are NO 1:1 clones out there unless the modder IS double dipping and the authentic/clone are made in the same factory by the same manufacturer with the same specs! Fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon how you look at it, this isn't the case. There's almost ALWAYS going to be differences that may make a huge difference in how something performs, and I personally have found voltage drop to be very low on the list as being a reliable way to gauge how well a device performs when it's within a certain range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread