Armour Pro Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi @Vaporesso_Chelsea - I got an Armour Pro last week, and I'm having issues. I posted in another thread, and someone recommended I post here, to see if you can help. Here's the post, which explains the problems:
upload_2020-3-21_9-59-53.png

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes, it charges OK. When plugged, screen goes off after 5,6 minutes. It is not getting worm at all. Pay attention at your charger output. I never charge my batteries with more than 1A chargers.
Faulty cable can also cause issues like you mentioned.
The cable could be the issue. Didn't think to try it since everything other mod charges on that cable fine. But it is an older cable, and maybe the AP is more sensitive. But I just now charged all my batteries to full, so I'll try one later after I've depleted a battery some.
thx

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
The cable could be the issue. Didn't think to try it since everything other mod charges on that cable fine. But it is an older cable, and maybe the AP is more sensitive. But I just now charged all my batteries to full, so I'll try one later after I've depleted a battery some.
thx

Hello.

I have a couple of Armour Pros myself.

The discharging usually comes from the auto-features and/or older firmware.

Turn off "SMART" and "AUTO"
Update to 1.04 if not your current firmware yet.

Vaporesso cable advisable for updates.

Do not charge using usb cable.

Take care. Stay safe.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@Brewdawg1181, just wondering what firmware version it's running?
upload_2020-3-22_15-35-29.png

To be honest, I didn't check the version that was on there, but I think it had 1.04 on it already.

Hello.

I have a couple of Armour Pros myself.

The discharging usually comes from the auto-features and/or older firmware.

Turn off "SMART" and "AUTO"
Update to 1.04 if not your current firmware yet.

Vaporesso cable advisable for updates.

Do not charge using sub cable.

Take care. Stay safe.
Yep, already had both of those off. Can't remember if I did it myself based on a review, or if that was default. I did drop screen timeout from 15 min. down to 1 min myself, though.

Reactions: Mordacai

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Something else I've noticed. After charging the battery in Armour Pro until 100% I was curious and I put the battery (LG HG2) in Xtar charger and the battery was only 75% charged and I trust my charger. In any case, if you can use an external charger [emoji106]
Yeah, I'll check that out too. I'll charge it up usb, then put it on my charger to see. I normally use my Nitecore at home, but top them off all the time via usb at the office. I might even get out the multimeter, too.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The firmware upgrade is such a great suggestion, I didn't even think of that in my post to you on the other thread because I myself rarely upgrade firmware as all I ever get is features I don't need. But in this case, it may actually be essential to some degree lol.

Yeah, I'll check that out too. I'll charge it up usb, then put it on my charger to see. I normally use my Nitecore at home, but top them off all the time via usb at the office. I might even get out the multimeter, too.

Personally, I'd get a small 2-bay charger for the office instead of charging via USB.

I know this is kinda OT and I know there are a lot of people that claim they use USB charging with all their mods with no problem (Phil Busardo is one of these people BTW, and I was kinda shocked when I saw the video where he said it (I believe it was the Jackaroo review video).

But I have had really back luck with charging with USB and I have attributed it to frying a couple mods back in the "olden days". I haven't charged via USB in probably 6 years and haven't fried a mod since. I'd rather carry around extra batteries in a case personally, due to my experience. But that's just me.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    The firmware upgrade is such a great suggestion, I didn't even think of that in my post to you on the other thread because I myself rarely upgrade firmware as all I ever get is features I don't need. But in this case, it may actually be essential to some degree lol.

Personally, I'd get a small 2-bay charger for the office instead of charging via USB.

I know this is kinda OT and I know there are a lot of people that claim they use USB charging with all their mods with no problem (Phil Busardo is one of these people BTW, and I was kinda shocked when I saw the video where he said it (I believe it was the Jackaroo review video).

But I have had really back luck with charging with USB and I have attributed it to frying a couple mods back in the "olden days". I haven't charged via USB in probably 6 years and haven't fried a mod since. I'd rather carry around extra batteries in a case personally, due to my experience. But that's just me.
    Actually, the firmware wasn't a suggestion. I'd already tried it, and it didn't work.
    But stupid me, I didn't think to check the usb cable, since it worked with other devices & mods. Apparently, that was the fix. AP is more sensitive than my other stuff. Thanks, @VStorm !

It appears to have fixed the charging issue. Using another cord with usb to my computer, screen doesn't stay on and alternate, and seems to be working.

Honestly though, I won't be getting another charger for the office. My daily stable consists of a Vladdin, Nugget/Precisio, and usually one single 18650 mod a day. The 2000mAh Nugget X alone can get me through a day, even if that's all I use. I can get a couple days + normally on an 18650, especially using a pod and another mod. So that'd be overkill. I no longer worry about using usb to charge, but used to. It isn't the best method, I know, but I've torn wrappers using a charger, and if I kill a little life on a batt using usb, I don't care. Batteries are pretty cheap, and I don't have extra wraps on hand, so it's actually easier for me. I use the charger when it's convenient.

Thanks, all!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Found that charger I was thinking about, Nitecore LC10.
    LC10
    Now that looks pretty cool! Much better travel alternative, and saves desk space. And no worries about the spring snapping shut on a wrap if you're not careful. Great design. I could maybe spring for one of those, they're not expensive at all. I never charge more than one battery at a time anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread