Aromamizer V2 Supreme Build? Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
After having a hell of a time wicking the RDTA 5 properly (many dry hits, bad experiences, leaking, seeping,etc) I was coached that the Aromamizer V2 is a solid rta choice. Got it up an running last night, Having a pretty good experience so far, but..

Current build: 3MM ID dual contact 24g Kanthal wrapped 5 times, weighing in at 0.26 Ohms... but it seems no matter which watt I play at (anywhere from 68 to 80) I dont get a warm satisfying vape, also there is a split second delay ramp up even at 76.5 watts.. I've messed with preheat a bit but still doesn't get my kind of vape.

No noobie to vape, but I have been using a crown 3 with 0.4 kanthal at 68-72 watts and it gives my favorite vape, a fast ramp with warm (but not hot) vape.

Using 24G Wire, any builds to recommend to get a fast ramping, warm build that doesn't require ungodly amounts of watts? Not too into building claptons -yet... maybe some day

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
After having a hell of a time wicking the RDTA 5 properly (many dry hits, bad experiences, leaking, seeping,etc) I was coached that the Aromamizer V2 is a solid RTA choice. Got it up an running last night, Having a pretty good experience so far, but..

Current build: 3MM ID dual contact 24g Kanthal wrapped 5 times, weighing in at 0.26 Ohms... but it seems no matter which watt I play at (anywhere from 68 to 80) I dont get a warm satisfying vape, also there is a split second delay ramp up even at 76.5 watts.. I've messed with preheat a bit but still doesn't get my kind of vape.

No noobie to vape, but I have been using a crown 3 with 0.4 kanthal at 68-72 watts and it gives my favorite vape, a fast ramp with warm (but not hot) vape.

Using 24G Wire, any builds to recommend to get a fast ramping, warm build that doesn't require ungodly amounts of watts? Not too into building claptons -yet... maybe some day
24 gauge is a thicker wire than say 26 or 28. The thicker the wire, the more mass it has, the longer it takes to heat up. So, yeah, I agree with previous poster.....Get a bit thinner wire.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread