Arrgghh..$170 later and vapeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I purchased $60 of hardware and juices about 2 years back when I was testing the waters, and enjoyed the experience with CanVape. I faulted on my smoking habits and wished on another attempt.

Not wanting to wait, I went to the Saturday Flea Market to track down CanVape to get reacquainted with what's new and pick up some juices. I know the pricing would be different with retail ($1/ml) and the convenience. I didn't mind. After seeing all the new tech that's out, I grabbed a new eGo Twist and a ProTank II and asked about juices. The young lady had said that all juice mixes are 50/50 and handed me a list. It's an excellent variety, all kinds of different flavours for your fancy so I had picked out about $50 worth as the girlfriend was eager to try vaping for the first time and I wanted to restart. Apple, Watermelon, and Dragonfruit were just a few we had picked up.

We get back, put everything together, everything nice and new, try and take some vapes and was waay too harsh, coughing out our eye balls meanwhile I'm use to 30cigs/day. I tried my old vivi nova with a new coil on another flavor, same thing. We tested every bottle, recleaning, new coils, lower resistance, higher resistance, drop atomizer and I couldn't get that smoothness that I remembered from my previous CanVape experience.

I busted out an older small bottle of your 100% vg Coffee and it was great but no throat hit. I knew I'd have to get 50/50 from what I remembered, and that's also what I had asked for when I first arrived as I knew the importance of mix. I added some coffee to the apple in the tank and it was what I was looking for, in terms of throat hit and smoothness, but the taste..well lets skip that combo haha.

I browsed the website and discovered that the $50 of e-liquids that we bought were 70/30, unless I add the vg coffee to make it tolerable but horrible tasting. So now I'm kinda stuck with these liquids that I either water down their taste and nicotine by going back and purchasing vg or add my coffee vg and tolerate the taste. :/

The CanVape experience was great the first time, but this time, and at premium pricing, not so great. I have to re-encourage my girlfriend after this bump in the road and expense as I know you guys are great.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hey Steve, good to see you both giving it a go. None of us gets it right first time out(or second)
but with a little persistence and experience we all learn to make it better.

You mentioned getting an ego twist battery and nothing else in your post about voltages used, it is important with these that with different liquids different voltages will perform better. One needs to start low and work the voltage up gradually until it starts tasting a little off, and then back down the voltage one or 2 clicks.

It may not always get you what you want, but it's the best you'll get with that set-up juice combination.

All the best, keep on keeping on. It's all more than worthwhile to spend a little time and effort tweaking things to an acceptable level and quitting cigs. Have fun, take your time. Cheers.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread