The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Artemas / Carto Problem

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by Killustration, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Killustration

Killustration Senior Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Hey folks,

So I'm using an Artemas tank with a 1.7oHm Boge F17 Carto in it. With enlarged feeding holes to help with the juice to go through and I am still getting the same issues as always: Dry Hits.

It's just not feeding. And this isn't the first time either, it's consistent through every carto I've tried. Are carto tanks just ....? The vape I get out of them is amazing but I might as well drip with the amount of time I spend dripping in to the carto.

Any solutions or advice? Tips?

I was told to prime it a lot. I've done that. Changes nothing - the second it runs dry it stays that way. : /

2. Killustration

Killustration Senior Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Bump please - ongoing problem

3. RayN

RayN Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Texas
    You don't mention what ratio of juice you're using. Heavy VG ratio juices are problematic for most cartos.
    Also, are you sure it's properly primed to start with?

4. Maxwell_Edison

Maxwell_Edison Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Ohio
    When my drip tip is properly fitting, I never have this problem with 70pg/30vg using double hole 2ohm dual cartos from Smoktech. I fill the tank with a syringe, then put about one Ml in the bottom of the carto. I take a few hits at 3.2 volts then start upping the volts till I get to 5v.

(I have noticed that lately the cartridges don't seem to be made as well as they used to, as they used to last me a week, sometimes 10 days, now it's 2-3 days. I'm also noticing they are getting harder to find, suppliers selling out and not restocking, and I'm hoping they aren't being phased out. Where do you buy yours)?

5. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Try the Smoktech cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. The 1.7 Ohm or 3.0 Ohm double punched are the ones I use with my Artemas Tanks without dry hit problems, in fact I get flooding much more than dry hits. I use either 70/30 or 50/50 juice most of the time. I never have used Boge cartos, and I agree with Maxwell that the cartos do not seem to be made as well lately. I also use to get at least a week, sometimes two weeks out of a Smoktech tank carto, now only 3 days to a week before I need to clean them out. I reuse mine until they are toast. Just cheap I guess. Anyway, try the Smoktech 5 pack of flanged cartos in your Artemas I think that will solve your problem. By the way, be sure to prime them well and let them sit for at least 15 minutes or you will burn the coil.

Wabbit

6. yelibe

yelibe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2012
    San Jose
    I'm having the exact same problem with Boge. I've been using the Smoketech UDCT for a while that have one hole punch and never had a problem. I tried other cartos and either gurgled or got dry hits. So I wanted to get another tank and got a pyrex that comes with Boges. I heard raves about Boges so bought a 5 pack with my tank. Now they last about a day and a half and start to burn. I have 60/40 PG/VG. I like that mix. But it seems that nothing with 2 holes likes it. My Smoketech 1 hole goes for two weeks no problem. But they are hard to find except at vaporkings. Not sure how that will work on my pyrex since it is flanged.

7. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.