Status
Not open for further replies.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Hey folks,

So I'm using an Artemas tank with a 1.7oHm Boge F17 Carto in it. With enlarged feeding holes to help with the juice to go through and I am still getting the same issues as always: Dry Hits.

It's just not feeding. And this isn't the first time either, it's consistent through every carto I've tried. Are carto tanks just ....? The vape I get out of them is amazing but I might as well drip with the amount of time I spend dripping in to the carto.

Any solutions or advice? Tips?

I was told to prime it a lot. I've done that. Changes nothing - the second it runs dry it stays that way. : /

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
When my drip tip is properly fitting, I never have this problem with 70pg/30vg using double hole 2ohm dual cartos from Smoktech. I fill the tank with a syringe, then put about one Ml in the bottom of the carto. I take a few hits at 3.2 volts then start upping the volts till I get to 5v.

(I have noticed that lately the cartridges don't seem to be made as well as they used to, as they used to last me a week, sometimes 10 days, now it's 2-3 days. I'm also noticing they are getting harder to find, suppliers selling out and not restocking, and I'm hoping they aren't being phased out. Where do you buy yours)?

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Try the Smoktech cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. The 1.7 Ohm or 3.0 Ohm double punched are the ones I use with my Artemas Tanks without dry hit problems, in fact I get flooding much more than dry hits. I use either 70/30 or 50/50 juice most of the time. I never have used Boge cartos, and I agree with Maxwell that the cartos do not seem to be made as well lately. I also use to get at least a week, sometimes two weeks out of a Smoktech tank carto, now only 3 days to a week before I need to clean them out. I reuse mine until they are toast. Just cheap I guess. Anyway, try the Smoktech 5 pack of flanged cartos in your Artemas I think that will solve your problem. By the way, be sure to prime them well and let them sit for at least 15 minutes or you will burn the coil.

Wabbit

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
I'm having the exact same problem with Boge. I've been using the Smoketech UDCT for a while that have one hole punch and never had a problem. I tried other cartos and either gurgled or got dry hits. So I wanted to get another tank and got a pyrex that comes with Boges. I heard raves about Boges so bought a 5 pack with my tank. Now they last about a day and a half and start to burn. I have 60/40 PG/VG. I like that mix. But it seems that nothing with 2 holes likes it. My Smoketech 1 hole goes for two weeks no problem. But they are hard to find except at vaporkings. Not sure how that will work on my pyrex since it is flanged.

Hey folks,

So I'm using an Artemas tank with a 1.7oHm Boge F17 Carto in it. With enlarged feeding holes to help with the juice to go through and I am still getting the same issues as always: Dry Hits.

It's just not feeding. And this isn't the first time either, it's consistent through every carto I've tried. Are carto tanks just ....? The vape I get out of them is amazing but I might as well drip with the amount of time I spend dripping in to the carto.

Any solutions or advice? Tips?

I was told to prime it a lot. I've done that. Changes nothing - the second it runs dry it stays that way. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread