vertical slotting cartos for tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slot my cartos vertical, the length of the tank interior. I have found this gives the most consistent and quickest carto saturation. I use the boge xl standard cartos on a provari at 5v with a cheap 5mil tank. No dry hits, no topping carto off. Lasts all day with no fiddling at all. Using diy super conc. flavor honey flu cured with 80% pg/ 20%vg. Cartos lasting a week with this setup, get 2 weeks from a kanger but dont like the draw- like a milkshake through a straw. Hope this is useful to someone.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've recently become disenchanted by punching my own cartos. I use the tool sold by Phiniac and many other vendors. In my experience the punched carto gets slightly deformed, sometimes making movement of the carto thru the end caps of my DCT tanks difficult or impossible. I have used the pre-drilled cartos from various vendors, but I prefer to use 2 or 3 holes depending upon the juice thickness and the voltage I might vape at. Sometimes those cartos are hard to find always in stock.

I just recently got a dremmel tool to give slotting a try. When you say you slot the entire length of the carto vertically that is exposed within the tank, which cutter do you use? Also, do you use PBusardo's youtube technique of moving the tool back and forth to make a wider slot? Seen at 7 minute mark here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Bjf67PArwh Do you need to sand or polish your cut to remove any sharp edges to prevent cutting of the 0-rings?

elothen

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Ft. Worth
I'm curious about slotting as well. I seem to have a b**ch of a time keeping mine primed and tend to (I think this is the reason) burn them out quickly because I let them get to dry and keep going.

@Batitude - I buy all my carto's pre-drilled (vs. punched) and don't have any deformation issues. My next buy will be punched from Valley Vapes though, I'll just have to hope they (I think it's really just one guy) does it right but I think he will as it really seems like he focuses on a quality product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread