Artificial Sweetener is inhaling it dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
For the likes of me I can't vape . I try but my head feels heavy and lymph nodes swell up. Only positive difference from smoking is my lungs feel better. I'm really starting to think vaping is far from being a harm reduction. It's fun and that's what keeps us vaping. I'm gonna try quiting both. I think both vaping and smoking is deadly

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Your having what sounds like a possible allergic reaction to something in your juice.

First, eliminate your pg... vape some max vg unflavored, and see if that eliminates your symptoms.

Nada - $6.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

If it stops this feeling your having, then good, try and add some flavor and see if the symptoms come back..

If this doesn't help, then we will go from there. But you need to figure out exactly what it is that you might be having a reaction to..

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Your having what sounds like a possible allergic reaction to something in your juice.

First, eliminate your pg... vape some max vg unflavored, and see if that eliminates your symptoms.

Nada - $6.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

If it stops this feeling your having, then good, try and add some flavor and see if the symptoms come back..

If this doesn't help, then we will go from there. But you need to figure out exactly what it is that you might be having a reaction to..
This allergic reaction hoopla is bull..... There is not one thing I'm allergic to my whole life but now it's something in the juice? Ciggs have thousands of .... and not one allergy from them .

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This allergic reaction hoopla is bull..... There is not one thing I'm allergic to my whole life but now it's something in the juice? Ciggs have thousands of .... and not one allergy from them .

Believe it or not you CAN be allergic to new things, or have different reactions to them based on quantity of use etc.

Every time you try a new medication you have to be aware of allergic reactions or simply possible reactions..

Some vapers find they are allergic to flavorings or something in their flavors, others react to the pg.. this is why they make things like max vg and unflavored e juice, it's specifically FOR those who find they cannot tolerate these things.

Never having an allergy in your life means little... you can find you have a sensitivity to various things in the course of your life. Tell your pharmacist you have no known allergies doesn't stop him from warning you of what to look out for when trying a new medicine for the first time.

And, you are vaping for, guess what, the first time. And, guess what, your apparently having some sort of reaction surrounding vaping therefore, your best course of action is to begin an elimination process for what aspect of your e juice might be causing it because your reaction is not normal.

You can eliminate flavorings = second most common. You can eliminate pg = most common. You can also try eliminating vg if none of the above works.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vapemonster, I am allergic to inhaled PG. It's not bull-anything, it's a legitimate reaction that happens. To be fair, I was probably allergic to many things in tobacco, but my overwhelming addiction and illnesses that happened probably masked some of it, though I did smoke additive free tobacco my last decade and a half of smoking. You can believe in it or not, that's totally up to you. It's also totally up to you if you want to return to smoking, it's a voluntary choice, no one came up and shoved a mod in your mouth, right?

As far as artificial sweeteners, the jury is still out on inhaling them, but if you dislike the idea so much, you don't have to use them.... You can DIY juice and add as much or as little sweetener as you want to ANY of your mixes. That, again, is a choice that you can make. I don't use much sweetener in my DIY juices, or even much flavor TBH. My juices are max VG and I feel fantastic. If you want to go back to smoking because of sucralose or whatever (in totally minute quantities, and also, you can DIY plain nicotine and VG if that's your preference) that's a pretty low risk option, but if you'd rather smoke...???

When I hear someone dismissing a valid point that has been mentioned many times on this forum, and validated by many member's experiences, I hear someone who is looking for a reason to return to cigarettes.

By the way, artificial sweeteners get a pretty bad rap. For a diabetic, sugar is the real poison. Everyone's different, but you aren't a special snowflake for having a reaction (psychological or otherwise) to ingredients in e-juice (which can be changed) or flavors (which can be modified.)

I pretty much felt awful for a long time when I was smoking. Far worse than even when I have a bad reaction to an ingredient-- I cannot vape vanillas they make me hoarse-- but it wasn't worse feeling than when I was smoking, and pretty much had pneumonia for 18 months. I'd invite you to open your mind to the possibility, or return to smoking. It's completely your choice. Or, perhaps you'd like to go cold turkey rather than spending a bit of time experimenting with making your ejuice work for you????

This thread isn't making a lot of sense to me.

Anna

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
First off I don't take any pharmaceuticals except advil. They are harmful to your body and when your body reacts to medication it's because it's bad for you and your body is signaling this. It's not an allergy. Allergy is the immune response to a problem for what ever reason.

I don't dismay that I'm probably sensitive to something in the juice but what I'm trying to say is juice needs way more regulations, what's in the majority of the juice can't not even remotely be close to unharmful. I'm sure plain pure vg with Nic in it would be very much better but when is enough and when is it time to just say .... it to vaping and smoking?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think you are the only one that can decide that for yourself. Also, have you ever taken an antibiotic? I won't argue the safety of vaping with someone who doesn't realize that life expectancy has only increased with modern medicine, as the benefits of taking medication safely and as prescribed by decent, well-educated doctors FAR outweighs many side effects or even fatalities, over the long haul. Do you refuse vaccinations as well? You do realize they have done more to wipe out illnesses and plagues in the modern world than almost anything else, that and decent hygiene practices?

I'm not going to argue with someone who somehow magically exempts "advil" as harmless and refuses all other medicine. I just can't go there, I'm sorry. You should do what you wish, and if you decide that it's "too harmful" then that is absolutely your right. Do you not know that NSAIDs cause liver failure in some folks?

I don't usually say I'm "allergic" to PG, I say I have an "inhaled sensitivity" to it. It's not a typical allergic reaction, but I still cannot use it. That doesn't mean others have any sort of problem with it.

I am in no way allergic to most flavors or sweeteners, and you've probably encountered them yourself in the course of entering a restaurant and eating there, you just may not be aware of the amounts of "enhancements" that are going on in your food.

Have a freakout if you want, it sounds like you wish to be free of vaping, smoking, and all medicines? Good luck to you, but I feel for your caregiver(s) during your end of days, if that's how it's going to go... My stepfather died of a treatable cancer that would have given him decades more of life and a possible cure and he refused it, because like you, he was uninformed and frightened. He had that right, but we did not have a very good time trying to help him die with dignity, however. It wasn't dignified, and it was quite sad. :( It was still, however, his choice, and we did not try to convince him. Just as I'm not really trying to convince you, but I'm a bit :eek: about it all...

Anna

Reactions: Rickb119

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
First, no one sells vaping as free of all harm.

What vaping IS, is harm reduction.

There is a difference.

As far as pharmaceuticals, antibiotics when your sick is a "pharmaceutical". Most people have occasion to need medicine occasionally. Even normally healthy ones.

Vaping, as relates to smoking, is 95% (approximately) safer than smoking. This doesn't mean that no one will never have an allergic reaction to something in their juice ever any more than it means no one will ever not have a sensitivity or allergic reaction to a new antibiotic.

Over 400,000 die each and every year in the United States alone of smoking related illnesses. Those are deaths every year.

So far, with vaping, not one life has been lost due to vapor inhalation, and that is in a 10 year time span. (FYI: Peanuts kills more people annually than vaping does)

Many lives have however improved exponentially as compared to their health prior to making the switch from smoking to vaping. I am one of those people. I was dead without vaping... but not even I will say that there is no harm, it is simply harm reduction... not harm elimination.

If you are desirous, use vaping until your completely off cigarettes and able to quit vaping without a return to smoking. That is what many people use it for, and it's an awesome use of it.

Others feel they are unable to quit vaping without returning to smoking, and for them it's their own choice. They are adults and can make up their own minds about what is best for them.

But, if your here to tell us what you think we should do, then I'm sorry but I could care less how you think I should live.

I can however give you my own story if you like.. it might be eye opening to you, as to why some of us vape.

But I warn you, I smoked for 33 years, and tried everything they make to help me quit over a period of 20 years as I couldn't quit cold turkey, all attempts unsuccessful until I tried vaping. That was three years ago, and I was hardly willing to try it but for the fact I could no longer make it to my own mailbox because my lungs were so far deteriorated from smoking. It was on my doctors recommendation that I try vaping... And btw, I can breathe now. I am also allergic to pg, so I don't use it. I have tried twice to quit vaping, and someday I will do that successfully.. last time I quit for 5 months without returning to smoking, and I'm proud of that as the first time I went back to smoking. Next time, hopefully, will be my last.. learn something more every time I make the attempt. There are reasons we vape... And it's not because it's the same as smoking. My doctor doesn't care if I continue to vape as my health is so much improved.. it's me who someday would like to walk away from it.. but im not there yet, and thats okay.

That said, if it's quitting smoking you want to do and can do it without vaping, more power to you... but if you can't and need advice on vaping, then everyone here is more than happy to help you.

Last edited:

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
I think you are the only one that can decide that for yourself. Also, have you ever taken an antibiotic? I won't argue the safety of vaping with someone who doesn't realize that life expectancy has only increased with modern medicine, as the benefits of taking medication safely and as prescribed by decent, well-educated doctors FAR outweighs many side effects or even fatalities, over the long haul. Do you refuse vaccinations as well? You do realize they have done more to wipe out illnesses and plagues in the modern world than almost anything else, that and decent hygiene practices?

I'm not going to argue with someone who somehow magically exempts "advil" as harmless and refuses all other medicine. I just can't go there, I'm sorry. You should do what you wish, and if you decide that it's "too harmful" then that is absolutely your right. Do you not know that NSAIDs cause liver failure in some folks?

I don't usually say I'm "allergic" to PG, I say I have an "inhaled sensitivity" to it. It's not a typical allergic reaction, but I still cannot use it. That doesn't mean others have any sort of problem with it.

I am in no way allergic to most flavors or sweeteners, and you've probably encountered them yourself in the course of entering a restaurant and eating there, you just may not be aware of the amounts of "enhancements" that are going on in your food.

Have a freakout if you want, it sounds like you wish to be free of vaping, smoking, and all medicines? Good luck to you, but I feel for your caregiver(s) during your end of days, if that's how it's going to go... My stepfather died of a treatable cancer that would have given him decades more of life and a possible cure and he refused it, because like you, he was uninformed and frightened. He had that right, but we did not have a very good time trying to help him die with dignity, however. It wasn't dignified, and it was quite sad. :( It was still, however, his choice, and we did not try to convince him. Just as I'm not really trying to convince you, but I'm a bit :eek: about it all...

Anna
Oh brother.... No I don't take antibiotics as they wreck your gut. God I would never take a Vaccine and they cause way more harm then good. What's wrong with you people. Why do you think humans are completely incapable of surviving on this planet with out medical intervention?? Wow I must sound as ignorant to you as you do to me so this topic will get no where.

I'm going to try pure vg with Nicand start from there. But what I'm trying to say is there could be a big difference between run of your mill junk .... ejuice then something that is made with pure ingredients. This has to get noticed. I think pure junk crap ejuice will probably .... up people in the long run
Definitely not the lungs but something else maybe brain or organs. I think there needs to be way more transparency in the ejuice ingredients.

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
First, no one sells vaping as free of all harm.

What vaping IS, is harm reduction.

There is a difference.

As far as pharmaceuticals, antibiotics when your sick is a "pharmaceutical". Most people have occasion to need medicine occasionally. Even normally healthy ones.

Vaping, as relates to smoking, is 95% (approximately) safer than smoking. This doesn't mean that no one will never have an allergic reaction to something in their juice ever any more than it means no one will ever not have a sensitivity or allergic reaction to a new antibiotic.

Over 400,000 die each and every year in the United States alone of smoking related illnesses. Those are deaths every year.

So far, with vaping, not one life has been lost due to vapor inhalation, and that is in a 10 year time span. (FYI: Peanuts kills more people annually than vaping does)

Many lives have however improved exponentially as compared to their health prior to making the switch from smoking to vaping. I am one of those people. I was dead without vaping... but not even I will say that there is no harm, it is simply harm reduction... not harm elimination.

If you are desirous, use vaping until your completely off cigarettes and able to quit vaping without a return to smoking. That is what many people use it for, and it's an awesome use of it.

Others feel they are unable to quit vaping without returning to smoking, and for them it's their own choice. They are adults and can make up their own minds about what is best for them.

But, if your here to tell us what you think we should do, then I'm sorry but I could care less how you think I should live.

I can however give you my own story if you like.. it might be eye opening to you, as to why some of us vape.

But I warn you, I smoked for 33 years, and tried everything they make to help me quit over a period of 20 years as I couldn't quit cold turkey, all attempts unsuccessful until I tried vaping. That was three years ago, and I was hardly willing to try it but for the fact I could no longer make it to my own mailbox because my lungs were so far deteriorated from smoking. It was on my doctors recommendation that I try vaping... And btw, I can breathe now. I am also allergic to pg, so I don't use it. I have tried twice to quit vaping, and someday I will do that successfully.. last time I quit for 5 months without returning to smoking, and I'm proud of that as the first time I went back to smoking. Next time, hopefully, will be my last.. learn something more every time I make the attempt. There are reasons we vape... And it's not because it's the same as smoking. My doctor doesn't care if I continue to vape as my health is so much improved.. it's me who someday would like to walk away from it.. but im not there yet, and thats okay.

That said, if it's quitting smoking you want to do and can do it without vaping, more power to you... but if you can't and need advice on vaping, then everyone here is more than happy to help you.

Thank you. I enjoy Vaping just need to find a safer alternative with in.

I will do like you said and start from scratch and slowly move forward with flavor ect. I know it can save lives. Like I said I just think there should be more transparency. I'm not a guy that goes by if I don't know it don't hurt and always need to know exact

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you. I enjoy Vaping just need to find a safer alternative with in.

I will do like you said and start from scratch and slowly move forward with flavor ect. I know it can save lives. Like I said I just think there should be more transparency. I'm not a guy that goes by if I don't know it don't hurt and always need to know exact

I do find it a wonder that you ever smoked cigarettes to begin with, especially long enough to become addicted. But I guess that's beside the point now.

As a beside, what device are you using; what mod and tank, and what coils at what ohms, and what wattage are you vaping at?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there needs to be way more transparency in the ejuice ingredients.

Well, this is something I agree with you completely on, Vapemonster. I agree, and I can't wait until it happens. Until then, I minimize my risk to the best of my ability. I'm glad you are going to try nic and VG alone, if that makes you feel that vaping is safer for YOU, that's what matters. :)

Anna

Reactions: Vapemonster

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I just came to realize that there is Artificial sweetners in Juice.

When eating this it is very very bad for our health. I would think inhaling it and it by passing our filters, ( kidneys and liver) that this is probably a serious issue that is not being recognized!

Anyone have any information on this
the only sweeteners I add to my diy anymore is now stevia glycerite, before that it was pyure. I generally only add them to fruit dominant juice.

My local vape shop has 48mg pure VG. Was thinking of ordering this but what are some flavors I can use? Don't even have e to be strong and something less of an irritant?

find clone/recipes you like and order the flavors you need to make those recipes

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My local vape shop has 48mg pure VG. Was thinking of ordering this but what are some flavors I can use? Don't even have e to be strong and something less of an irritant?

If your problem is PG, you need to look for flavors that are VG based. They are out there. You didn't say what your preferred flavor is in vape liquid, but there are a lot of VG based flavors.

NorthWest VG Flavors
Real Flavors

I am sure there are more, but I did a quick Google search. a

I am sorry that you are afraid of vaccines, antibiotics, and other pharmaceuticals. Those things have saved lives that were lost a hundred years ago. Polio, smallpox, typhus, whooping cough - I am grateful to modern medicine.

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
If your problem is PG, you need to look for flavors that are VG based. They are out there. You didn't say what your preferred flavor is in vape liquid, but there are a lot of VG based flavors.

NorthWest VG Flavors
Real Flavors

I am sure there are more, but I did a quick Google search. a

I am sorry that you are afraid of vaccines, antibiotics, and other pharmaceuticals. Those things have saved lives that were lost a hundred years ago. Polio, smallpox, typhus, whooping cough - I am grateful to modern medicine.

Thanks!
Vaccines are the pillar of illness and autoimmune disease in children. Many many children die after they received vaccines. Go and look at the pay outs that the Vax companies have paid out to many families. They wreck the immune system and damage brains. You are very wrong about them saving lives. Look at the actually facts in history and you will see.
Vaccines are a gigantic huge stream of money and that is the only motive. Some good solid research will prove you are wrong. Trust me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread