Ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Perserverance. Will power. Hope. Confidence.

Like any "addiction", there are urges to be overcome. Tobacco's addiction is as strong as anything on the planet.

Having the right hardware and e-liquid is at least half of the battle. Be sure that you like the flavor you're using, because if you don't like it you won't use it. In fact, maybe change up the flavors with more than one that you like. Don't limit yourself to just "tobacco" flavors . . . there are candy, fruit, desert, coffee, adult beverages, etc. Use the appropriate level of nicotine in your e-liquid.

The hardware has to be powerful enough to simulate the experience of using tobacco products. If using a "cigalike" or eGo battery setup, perhaps a more powerful unit is in store.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Raise your nic level and possibly your PG level. I was a dipper and a smoker when I switched and started out with 36mg/ml juice. It's been four years and I still range from 18-32mg. 18mg being dangerously close to ineffective and 32mg just starting to become too much for me. 70% PG gives me a nice bite to go with the nic with 50/50 being about as low as I care to go for vapor production.

YMMV

ON EDIT: No reason to be ashamed. Stuff happens... Get back up on that bike/horse/wagon and try again!

Last edited:

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
It's surprising, but shouldn't feel bad about a small break in quitting like that.
Personally dip was easier to get off than cigarettes and I was doing 3 cans of Copenhagen Mint, Snuff, or snuff a day.

Maybe could bump the nicotine up in vaping a bit? Not a huge jump, but it could help.

Copenhagen mint? Sacrilege! :D

Monte Mke

Apr 10, 2015
Raise your nic level and possibly your PG level. I was a dipper and a smoker when I switched and started out with 36mg/ml juice. It's been four years and I still range from 18-32mg. 18mg being dangerously close to ineffective and 32mg just starting to become too much for me. 70% PG gives me a nice bite to go with the nic with 50/50 being about as low as I care to go for vapor production.

YMMV

ON EDIT: No reason to be ashamed. Stuff happens... Get back up on that bike/horse/wagon and try again!

My buddy had to increase nic in his vape and it worked great for him and we slowly brought it down in levels over the period of a year and he doesen't care to smoke at all anymore now , should give it a try.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Copenhagen mint? Sacrilege! :D

LOL. That is my addiction. It is actually harder for me to quit dipping than smoking. The sad thing is that being in the military we are required to be a certain weight and dipping actually helps me to lose that weight. I do not know why but it does.

To answer the questions above: I am using a nautilus mini with an eleaf mini. I like the setup and use it often. I am still trying to find my flavors that are just right. I love Applewood by MOV and it is at 0mg. I may need to up my nic levels by a small amount. Candy just does not do it for me.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I have been cigarette free for almost a year. I had been a month of Chew free. I just had a can of chew today. I am so not happy. Anyone know of something or a good idea to get me off this chew for good?

You shouldn't feel ashamed! :ohmy:
    Think of that year cigarette free and a whole month chew free ... not one day of chew ;)
    Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world :)

ruet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    GR, MI
    My buddy had to increase nic in his vape and it worked great for him and we slowly brought it down in levels over the period of a year and he doesen't care to smoke at all anymore now , should give it a try.

A problem I'm seeing more of is vendors discontinuing high nic levels (24mg+) or not offering them to begin with. This leads to spending a good sum on trial and error juice purchasing. Read lots of reviews and choose wisely.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    I have been cigarette free for almost a year. I had been a month of Chew free. I just had a can of chew today. I am so not happy. Anyone know of something or a good idea to get me off this chew for good?

I have to ask what your reasons are for being so desperate to get off of smokeless tobacco? Smokeless tobacco has the same low risk profile as vaping so it certainly isn't a health issue.

I have to ask what your reasons are for being so desperate to get off of smokeless tobacco? Smokeless tobacco has the same low risk profile as vaping so it certainly isn't a health issue.

sure if you think mouth cancer, rotting gums and the like are low risk like vaping...I guess its better than smoking tho

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread