Asked about my ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Today while I was at Disneyland I was in a little smoking area. That is where they require us vapers to vape. I don't really like having to hang around a bunch of smelly cigarettes while I am trying to enjoy a tasty vape but I put up with it because I enjoy Disneyland (and California Adventure) so much. While I was there a woman asked me about what I was doing. It is the first time in the 137 days that I have been vaping that someone in public has asked me about my gear or vaping in general. I showed her the ProVari, told her how long I have been without analogs and etc. She asked why I was in the smoking section and I explained the policy that the parks have for vaping. Her response was perfect. 'Why? That's not going to do any harm to anyone.' I agreed and said that it is not widely known how much safer vaping is compared to smoking. She also stated 'Isn't that the whole reason to use that, you can do it anywhere?'. I told her not in my case. I just wanted to be able to quit using cigarettes and get away from the thousands of harmful chemicals in them.

It it was an interesting exchange, partly because it was the first time anyone has asked and also because she assumed I vape so I can do it anywhere, as opposed to smoking. I hope I inspired her to look into buying a ProVari and quit smoking.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
She also stated 'Isn't that the whole reason to use that, you can do it anywhere?'. I told her not in my case. I just wanted to be able to quit using cigarettes and get away from the thousands of harmful chemicals in them.

Love this part especially. I always see politicians and ANTZ quoted in news articles saying things like, "people only use these to get around smoking bans". Well, some people may do that, but many do not. I do not vape in public anywhere I wouldn't smoke. I'm not judging people who do, and I understand the reasons and rationale for doing it. However, I would feel very uncomfortable doing that myself, and it's not anywhere on my list of reasons for switching.

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL
Love this part especially. I always see politicians and ANTZ quoted in news articles saying things like, "people only use these to get around smoking bans". Well, some people may do that, but many do not. I do not vape in public anywhere I wouldn't smoke. I'm not judging people who do, and I understand the reasons and rationale for doing it. However, I would feel very uncomfortable doing that myself, and it's not anywhere on my list of reasons for switching.

When I really need to, I do it indoors. But I stealth vape. Helps control me when I deal with idiots in the wild (restaurants, stores, etc).

Rob

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
OK, I'm gonna go against the grain, but I don't think it should be OK to vape in front of the kids in DisneyLand. In adult settings I think we should have the right to vape indoors/outdoors publicly and not be confined to "Smoke Pits".

But even when I'm out in a public area where smoking is allowed, and I'm vaping away, if I see a group of youngsters walking my way, I'll tuck it away and hold off until they're gone.

My fear is encouraging non-smokers to become interested in vaping. I'm sure they'll prolly run into it elsewhere, but I don't want it on my conscious and keep it stealth. At least around underaged kids. They are too impressionable. Once they're 18 they're still impressionable, but at that point it's their legal right to become addicted to nicotine.

jwj63

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
NC, CA, Thailand
OK, I'm gonna go against the grain, but I don't think it should be OK to vape in front of the kids in DisneyLand. In adult settings I think we should have the right to vape indoors/outdoors publicly and not be confined to "Smoke Pits".

But even when I'm out in a public area where smoking is allowed, and I'm vaping away, if I see a group of youngsters walking my way, I'll tuck it away and hold off until they're gone.

My fear is encouraging non-smokers to become interested in vaping. I'm sure they'll prolly run into it elsewhere, but I don't want it on my conscious and keep it stealth. At least around underaged kids. They are too impressionable. Once they're 18 they're still impressionable, but at that point it's their legal right to become addicted to nicotine.

Agreed! With rights and privileges come responsibilities.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be able to vape anywhere. That was never the reason I made the switch. I do enjoy being able to vape in my apartment where smoking is prohibited.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
blue commercials are responsible for that view "now I can smoke anywhere"

as for kids i dont purposely hide it but dont flaunt it either. im not worried about what they may get from me while they sit with dad in beef o brady's watching them suck down pitchers of beers screaming at the their team loosing on the tv. there are worse things in the world to expose the kid to then me and my kayfun lol.

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Today while I was at Disneyland I was in a little smoking area. That is where they require us vapers to vape. I don't really like having to hang around a bunch of smelly cigarettes while I am trying to enjoy a tasty vape but I put up with it because I enjoy Disneyland (and California Adventure) so much. While I was there a woman asked me about what I was doing. It is the first time in the 137 days that I have been vaping that someone in public has asked me about my gear or vaping in general. I showed her the ProVari, told her how long I have been without analogs and etc. She asked why I was in the smoking section and I explained the policy that the parks have for vaping. Her response was perfect. 'Why? That's not going to do any harm to anyone.' I agreed and said that it is not widely known how much safer vaping is compared to smoking. She also stated 'Isn't that the whole reason to use that, you can do it anywhere?'. I told her not in my case. I just wanted to be able to quit using cigarettes and get away from the thousands of harmful chemicals in them.

It it was an interesting exchange, partly because it was the first time anyone has asked and also because she assumed I vape so I can do it anywhere, as opposed to smoking. I hope I inspired her to look into buying a ProVari and quit smoking.

Thats the rule here at work too....and there are quite a few vapers.
I understand asking us to go outside, i'm cool with that, but I have a problem being prohibited from vaping anywhere but car or designated smoking area on the entire campus.
its generally either too hot (it is texas) to vape in my car most of the year, and it stinks because I don't take lunches....so sometimes I go outside to vape and read a book for a bit. and then I stink like cigs for the next 3 hours.

I just wish there was an area I could vape without cigs....but I kinda feel like a jerk asking people to not smoke in the smoking area ;)
it's like gays in the military....it causes problems because we don't want to be classified or forced to be around smokers, but the non smokers don't want us around, and there really are no laws for it....

but I started vaping so I wouldn't stink like smoke around kids, and now I no longer smoke but often still have the stink. blah.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thats the rule here at work too....and there are quite a few vapers.
I understand asking us to go outside, i'm cool with that, but I have a problem being prohibited from vaping anywhere but car or designated smoking area on the entire campus.
its generally either too hot (it is texas) to vape in my car most of the year, and it stinks because I don't take lunches....so sometimes I go outside to vape and read a book for a bit. and then I stink like cigs for the next 3 hours.

I just wish there was an area I could vape without cigs....but I kinda feel like a jerk asking people to not smoke in the smoking area ;)
it's like gays in the military....it causes problems because we don't want to be classified or forced to be around smokers, but the non smokers don't want us around, and there really are no laws for it....

but I started vaping so I wouldn't stink like smoke around kids, and now I no longer smoke but often still have the stink. blah.

Perhaps you could point out to the powers that be, that you do not smoke and being forced to use the smoking areas are exposing you to second-hand smoke. Maybe they will designate a vaping area.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Perhaps you could point out to the powers that be, that you do not smoke and being forced to use the smoking areas are exposing you to second-hand smoke. Maybe they will designate a vaping area.

Gawd, I wish! I work with a bunch of Rachael Rays. (I only used her name because of the links I always see to the video in which she wants to "ban all e-cigs" - still refuse to watch it, though)

From HR: at this time, because we do not yet have an official policy regarding electronic cigarettes, we will have to ask electronic cigarette users to refrain from using their devices indoors and ask that they use them in the designated smoking areas.

If there's one thing that absolutely infuriates me, it's concrete operational thinking!

ETA: /rant off - sorry, I couldn't help but vent :blush:

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL

oh that's wild,,,,,,,I have had the exact same convo with smokers in the smoking section at Disney World here in FL.

(singing) It's a small world afterallllllllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,It's a small world afteralllllllllll,,,,,

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I work in a corporate office and I am senior management and I vape in my office, boardroom, etc. no issues at all. I report to the president and he ask me a couple questions the first day about it in curiousoty and was just delighted I was constantly taking breaksto go outside to smoke...better production for him!! I am only vapor currently but alot of interest from a few smokers.. I am going to offer up a few egos with clearos to keep it simple as I have 20-25 ego batteries and if one of those employees cut back or quit, I will be happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread