Asmodus D**ked Us Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
Well it looks as though the Asmodus Edition Snow Wolf has a refined chipset in it. Thanks Asmodus! Thanks for releasing the Snow Wolf Original without this technology. Seems the tiny things that drive some of us nutty with the Snow Wolf will be non existent in the Asmodus Edition. Oh I guess I could upgrade the fir............................................................! Yeah!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
For those of us that do not own a SnowWolf, could someone please elaborate on the "issues" and the features of the "refined chipset"

Yeah, I'm a little lost and am considering this mod.

Here's what they say:

'UPDATE: The asMODus Edition Snow Wolf has been announced to have a few more changes! The asMODus Edition SnowWolf will feature an updated chip (GX200 V1.5) that will have the ability to auto detect kanthal / nickel for watts / temperature respectively, but will also have the ability to manually change which mode you are in. The updated chip will also have a locking feature; never before seen on this device!'

However... When I opened my SW up, I saw the chip was labeled TX-P200 V1.5A so I'm not sure how you can have a V1.5 chip of a V1.5 chip. All of this sounds no different that what it currently does except for this mysterious locking feature. They also still didn't add a titanium feature...

I'm perfectly happy with my SW so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems they just wanted to update a few things left out on the first? If this isn't just a sales tactic.

Reactions: roxynoodle

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
a sales tactic!? from an American company? what is this thing you are talking about? a business wouldn't make changes/improvements to an existing product in the hopes of getting new customers to purchase and older customers to purchase the newer version......would they? how devious.....

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
a sales tactic!? from an American company? what is this thing you are talking about? a business wouldn't make changes/improvements to an existing product in the hopes of getting new customers to purchase and older customers to purchase the newer version......would they? how devious.....

Never in a million years. The land of the moral.

Reactions: peterforpats

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
However... When I opened my SW up, I saw the chip was labeled TX-P200 V1.5A so I'm not sure how you can have a V1.5 chip of a V1.5 chip. All of this sounds no different that what it currently does except for this mysterious locking feature. They also still didn't add a titanium feature.

Can you manually select Power Mode and Temp Mode on yours? Yours doesn't lock. So how does it not sound different?

Sent from deep space via telegraph.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Can you manually select Power Mode and Temp Mode on yours? Yours doesn't lock. So how does it not sound different?

I said the mysterious locking feature, if it's talking about locking the resistance, is the only thing that sounds different. If I put a new Ni coil on and if for some reason it doesn't detect that it was a new build, if I switch over and adjust the temperature (after being in power mode with kanthal) it switches to that mode. I mean, you can't go in and select 'TC Mode' or 'Power Mode' but if I press the up and down buttons to switch over to change the temperature after being in power mode, it switches modes just fine. That's what I meant.

I really really wish they would have added a Ti mode, and maybe even SS. :/ Then it would be worth it to me.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
early adopters will always be shafted, this is true for any industry, this is not asmodus's fault, i bought sigelei 150w, now the TC is coming out, **updated hardware and chip**, so am i shafted? yes? did i know i will be shafted? yes, this is just reality

example. i bought freemax starre v2, v3 came out, now pro is coming out, all with better features, this is actually something thats well known "vape hardware improves and comes out at a fast rate", what you buy today, they are already hard at work on the next iteration, just like how apple made iphone 6, doesn't mean they stop there, they are already making/planning iphone 6s and iphone 7

buy with the fact that, your thing will be outdated within 1week to 3 months

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
early adopters will always be shafted, this is true for any industry, this is not asmodus's fault, i bought sigelei 150w, now the TC is coming out, **updated hardware and chip**, so am i shafted? yes? did i know i will be shafted? yes, this is just reality

example. i bought freemax starre v2, v3 came out, now pro is coming out, all with better features, this is actually something thats well known "vape hardware improves and comes out at a fast rate", what you buy today, they are already hard at work on the next iteration, just like how apple made iphone 6, doesn't mean they stop there, they are already making/planning iphone 6s and iphone 7

buy with the fact that, your thing will be outdated within 1week to 3 months

I learned this with PCs about 20 yrs ago. So now I wait till some new hot OS/machine comes out... and then buy a refurb of the one about 2-3 back... :lol:

Andria

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
What about getting back into power mode from temp mode? Hold down the fire button until it reads right? Yeah. Annoying as hell. Everytime it goes to sleep it goes into temp mode.

Hmm, interesting. I don't have that problem. I haven't ever had it not recognize kanthal though, only Nickel (and only about 10% of the time).

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I learned this with PCs about 20 yrs ago. So now I wait till some new hot OS/machine comes out... and then buy a refurb of the one about 2-3 back... :lol:

Andria

Pcs, if u have the money, u can update yearly... But for me i play older games... I can update every five to seven years, until my components fail haha

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Pcs, if u have the money, u can update yearly... But for me i play older games... I can update every five to seven years, until my components fail haha

Yearly??? I'm not anywhere near that rich -- I used XP Pro for 9 yrs, on 2 P4s; the 1st bought new, the 2nd a refurb. This year I finally upgraded -- a refurb Acer laptop with a i5, dual core, virtual quad core -- massive upgrade from a P4! But it cost less than the first P4. :D

Andria

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Yearly??? I'm not anywhere near that rich -- I used XP Pro for 9 yrs, on 2 P4s; the 1st bought new, the 2nd a refurb. This year I finally upgraded -- a refurb Acer laptop with a i5, dual core, virtual quad core -- massive upgrade from a P4! But it cost less than the first P4. :D

Andria

I built my own computer and only really have to update parts like graphics card, hard drive, etc when they get obsolete (hasnt happened yet, 3 yr old build). It is costly when you buy the whole thing because you buy all the parts together prebuilt, when I upgrade my own I just swap out parts so its much cheaper to keep it running and updated. I think I built mine for around 700$, high performance gaming pc with just a intel i3. Still runs fine.

Buttttt on topic. The only thing I hate about the snowwwolf is that few seconds where it fires at low watts, after leaving it for a while or putting on a new atty. It's not really something tooo bad imo, doesnt burn out my nickel wires or kanthal, but it is kind of annoying, but not something id be mad about or would make me go out and purchase a new snowwolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread