ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Love the nearly fluro green resin
    Great photo too.

The resin in your Pumper is pretty spectacular, and in some other Lunas I've seen. But I also love the purely stabwood Luna/Pumpers too.

The way they are all so unique and stunning is awesome :wub:

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    I will be the dissenter. I have 4 Luna's cause I think they are the most gorgeous things ever. That said, I don't like the button placement or removing bottle to clean etc. It is a pita. It feels awkward to me and I am not a lefty. I have stopped squonking with mine and just use it with a tank. Solved most of the problems.

Oh I do hope you see this rosesense, LOL I too will be a dissenter.
    Same reasons as you. Please can you tell me what tanks you use with these shineys?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Agree
    Reactions: DeloresRose

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Dissent away :D

But if the pulling the bottle out to fill it is a PITA - 510 squonk refill bottles make it easy. Just screw the bottle top into your squonk mods' 510 connection, and squeeze ;)

$4.77 510 Thread Refill Bottle for Squonk Bottom Feeder Mod - 30ml / silicone + stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

Well Hello there fellow Kiwi,
    Thank you AngeNZ for taking the time and trouble to do that for me, appreciated! I have indeed fallen under the Luna Spell due to YOUR pics, oh no LOL, I really don't think I am a material, superficial kind of person but........... but, but, but, but just HAD TO order some.... just soooo pretty and I'm a shocker for Shinyitis! yep I know what you are thinking, GeezeWayne she hasn't even got one yet !!! Ordered tho tee hee he. Bit of buyers remorse now...

Many moons ago I had a Reo, however things happen etc and now my eyesight is not what it used to be. i.e. There is no way in the world I can build, those attys are not for me any longer and I refuse to let anybody do anything for me. If I can't do something myself I will do without. HA!

I do have a cart the size of Africa at FT, one order submitted last week, was forgetting re their holiday, never mind.Whoo Hoo will add to it with your suggestion...Maybe.... my question is, can you only use Luna squonkers with RTAs, oh rebuildable I mean,Will probably PM rose lady later, not long home, house like a sauna 38.9 in my wee house, having a cuppa and a Dinner Lady Lemon Tart vape.....SWEATING, phew.

Leave you in peace now but I did look at your blog, wonderful.
    So sorry to hear of the fairly recent passing of your dad. Lost my own "best fishing mate ever" (DAD) 7 years ago and still think of him, (and Mum) every day. So your story did strike a chord with me. Poignant, touching and sad, but hey we are the LUCKY ONES to have the awesome, happy memories eh.That can never change and I'm grateful for the Mum and Dad I had.
    LOVE your hei matau pounamu too. Very appropriate yes. Thanks again, night :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Well Hello there fellow Kiwi,
    Thank you AngeNZ for taking the time and trouble to do that for me, appreciated! I have indeed fallen under the Luna Spell due to YOUR pics, oh no LOL, I really don't think I am a material, superficial kind of person but........... but, but, but, but just HAD TO order some.... just soooo pretty and I'm a shocker for Shinyitis! yep I know what you are thinking, GeezeWayne she hasn't even got one yet !!! Ordered tho tee hee he. Bit of buyers remorse now...

Many moons ago I had a Reo, however things happen etc and now my eyesight is not what it used to be. i.e. There is no way in the world I can build, those attys are not for me any longer and I refuse to let anybody do anything for me. If I can't do something myself I will do without. HA!

I do have a cart the size of Africa at FT, one order submitted last week, was forgetting re their holiday, never mind.Whoo Hoo will add to it with your suggestion...Maybe.... my question is, can you only use Luna squonkers with RTAs, oh rebuildable I mean,Will probably PM rose lady later, not long home, house like a sauna 38.9 in my wee house, having a cuppa and a Dinner Lady Lemon Tart vape.....SWEATING, phew.

Leave you in peace now but I did look at your blog, wonderful.
    So sorry to hear of the fairly recent passing of your dad. Lost my own "best fishing mate ever" (DAD) 7 years ago and still think of him, (and Mum) every day. So your story did strike a chord with me. Poignant, touching and sad, but hey we are the LUCKY ONES to have the awesome, happy memories eh.That can never change and I'm grateful for the Mum and Dad I had.
    LOVE your hei matau pounamu too. Very appropriate yes. Thanks again, night :)

Thank you :wub:

Regarding your Luna - as it has full protection, you can put whatever RTA or drop-in coil tank you want. The only downside is with it being unregulated, it will drop in wattage, as the battery voltage goes down.

Unless I'm using a lower ohm coil like 0.4ohms or 0.5ohms, I don't notice too much drop in wattage - until it reaches around 3.5v

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Thank you :wub:

Regarding your Luna - as it has full protection, you can put whatever RTA or drop-in coil tank you want. The only downside is with it being unregulated, it will drop in wattage, as the battery voltage goes down.

Unless I'm using a lower ohm coil like 0.4ohms or 0.5ohms, I don't notice too much drop in wattage - until it reaches around 3.5v

Hi AngeNZ and thanks. Oh I have a ton of 0.5ohm, yahoo all good.

However I have decided to do both, will get the FT bottles and give them a go.

Thanks so much for your helpful replies, have a great weekend, saw on TV1 news could be record breaking high temperatures for us, too hot already, yikes. OK, bye, Kia Kaha.:rickroll:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi AngeNZ and thanks. Oh I have a ton of 0.5ohm, yahoo all good.

However I have decided to do both, will get the FT bottles and give them a go.

Thanks so much for your helpful replies, have a great weekend, saw on TV1 news could be record breaking high temperatures for us, too hot already, yikes. OK, bye, Kia Kaha.:rickroll:

You too :wub: And I'm looking forward to the snow of winter :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    I have had my Luna for a few months now with a Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA Atomizer. Love this combo. My only niggle on the Luna is the leaky bottle that makes a mess inside of the compartment. Have any of you found a replacement bottle you like?
    Also I'm wondering if there is a good oil to use to coat the body with.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I have had my Luna for a few months now with a Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA Atomizer. Love this combo. My only niggle on the Luna is the leaky bottle that makes a mess inside of the compartment. Have any of you found a replacement bottle you like?

Great setup, I use my Galaxies RDTA on mine usually too:)
    @AngeNZ should be able to recommend some very good replacement bottles for your Luna:p

The easiest and best oil to use is a good quality food grade mineral oil followed by a coat of Renaissance Wax for a final polish and protection.
    You can go to the extra effort and sand it lightly with different grades of micromesh to make it extra Shiny but I don't think it's necessary.
    Good Luck!!
    Wax On, Wax Off:cool:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

I had one bottle leak - out of 10 or so Lunas. So I did not look for other bottles that work for it, but there are some that do. If I can find a link I’ll post it for you.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I use the Vandy Vape pulse 80w bottles in my Lunas. They slide in and out a lot easier than the ultroner bottles.
    $3.64 Authentic Vandy Vape Squonk Bottle for Pulse BF 80W Mod - 8ml / silicone at FastTech - Free Shipping

@Blitzdonlife uses Geekvape Athena bottles

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 4, 2010
    it hits hard

Mine sure doesn't. It's a cute little stab squonker that costs next to nothing, that is why it's popular. In this area I do not have a ton of experience. Squonking is new to me. Regulated and parallel and series boxes and mech tubes are not new to me, and I am no newbie. The only other squonker I own is the Purge Mods Ultem with stabwood door, and it is shocking how much harder it hits than the Luna. The Purge just has silver plated copper, very simple and very direct contacts and it connects well and doesn't drop substantial voltage.

In comparison my Luna is super soft. I've thought about taking it apart to remove whatever daft crap is inside there that is making such a big difference in how it hits. It has some sort of chip in there for the led and to determine when battery voltage warrants flashing red, which means extra connections and extra chances for current to disappear on the way to me.

The Luna is ok and I am not sad because I paid $18 for mine, but the Purge squonker destroys it in function. It made me so curious that I spend quite a lot of time looking around for mech squonkers that would function as well as my Purge, and my list of mods to try includes the SQ217, Kennedy Squirter, Rig Mod squonker, and Vicious Ant Spade 21700.

I know that I vape a little different than most people who like BF. Maybe my criticism of the Luna won't apply for most people looking for an inexpensive squonker. And I do like Asmodus gear. I've thought about building lower than I normally would for the Luna so I get the warm vape I seek, but 1) I shouldn't have to, and 2) no single 18650 config should be asked to supply over 25a.

sorry, not trying to pee on your Luna party, just wasn't as in love with mine and wanted to qualify

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Mine sure doesn't. It's a cute little stab squonker that costs next to nothing, that is why it's popular. In this area I do not have a ton of experience. Squonking is new to me. Regulated and parallel and series boxes and mech tubes are not new to me, and I am no newbie. The only other squonker I own is the Purge Mods Ultem with stabwood door, and it is shocking how much harder it hits than the Luna. The Purge just has silver plated copper, very simple and very direct contacts and it connects well and doesn't drop substantial voltage.

In comparison my Luna is super soft. I've thought about taking it apart to remove whatever daft crap is inside there that is making such a big difference in how it hits. It has some sort of chip in there for the led and to determine when battery voltage warrants flashing red, which means extra connections and extra chances for current to disappear on the way to me.

The Luna is ok and I am not sad because I paid $18 for mine, but the Purge squonker destroys it in function. It made me so curious that I spend quite a lot of time looking around for mech squonkers that would function as well as my Purge, and my list of mods to try includes the SQ217, Kennedy Squirter, Rig Mod squonker, and Vicious Ant Spade 21700.

I know that I vape a little different than most people who like BF. Maybe my criticism of the Luna won't apply for most people looking for an inexpensive squonker. And I do like Asmodus gear. I've thought about building lower than I normally would for the Luna so I get the warm vape I seek, but 1) I shouldn't have to, and 2) no single 18650 config should be asked to supply over 25a.

sorry, not trying to pee on your Luna party, just wasn't as in love with mine and wanted to qualify
    I can tell you the SQ217 and the VA Spade 21700 hit just as hard if not harder than the Purge. I have all 3 of them. The others you mentioned I can't vouch for. Any true mech mod is going to hit harder than an unregulated mod. My little Armageddon squonk mod with a 20S battery definitely hits harder than the Luna. It's really not a fair comparison though. Apples and Oranges. The Luna is a great mod for what it is.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The only other squonker I own is the Purge Mods Ultem with stabwood door, and it is shocking how much harder it hits than the Luna. The Purge just has silver plated copper, very simple and very direct contacts and it connects well and doesn't drop substantial voltage.

The daft crap in the Luna, ;) is a UL80 JX chip which offers reverse polarity, overdrain, short circuit, time out protections and limits it to 80w. It's sold as a 80w unregulated mod with protection.

And I agree with you, it certainly doesn't hit as hard as a full mech squonker like my Armageddon v2. But the Luna is a great choice for people who want to ease into unregulated mods :thumb:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 4, 2010
    they are pretty, and small
    LcwWuBh.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread