[Aspire Atlantis] Changing Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhooligan20

Oct 5, 2014
San Diego
Just bought my first RTA (sorta, some don't consider the Atlantis as rebuildable). Anyway... I just bought a new flavor and I'm getting tired of the one in my tank at the moment. Unlike most rebuildable tank atomizers, this one uses replaceable coil heads. If I wanna change flavors, does this mean I have to change out the coil head as well? The coil heads are super pricey and I don't wanna buy a coil head every time I change the flavor. Can I vape it until the other juice is gone and just pour the new juice in with the same coil head?

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
I haven't used a clearomizer in just over a year, so my expatiation here might be outdated lol.

When using fruit flavours and changing to different fruit flavours I would keep the same atty head in, but if I was to change from a fruity vape to a dessert/creamy/tobacco, then I would definitely change the coil head.

Lately, I've seen numerous videos of people saying they've used these types of (Atlantis, Sub-Tank, Delta) heads for weeks, so maybe things have changed? lol.

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US
You don't need to replace the coil head when changing flavors. To change flavors, disassemble the tank and run all parts except the coil head under warm water. Let all the parts air dry and use qtips to speed things along. Wrap the coil head in a paper towel and apply light pressure to the area where the juice intake holes are located. Reassemble, fill with the new flavor and you're good to go. After 4-6 draws the new flavor will come through.

Last edited:

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I find if you drain the fluid out of the tank and then put it back together without any juice and vape it a couple pulls then take tank back off drip directly into the top of the coil like you do when putting a fresh coil in then fill the tank and prime it like you would a new coil works the best when switching flavors. There are a couple videos on youtube on how to re-wick the Atlantis coils if you want to avoid paying 25.00-35.00 for new coils. The coils don't generally go bad but the cotton does begin to taste like $h!t after a while. I re-build Atlantis coils for a couple of my buddies and I re-build my own subtank coils too. Nichrome 26gauge wire and cottonman angle hair organic cotton flavor and vapor for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread