Aspire batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
That would depend on coil resistance and wattage used. I doubt you will ever run it at 100 watts. While the Eleaf mod has built in safety features that will lock out dangerous situations/settings, I like to know what's going on. Given the battery is rated for 20 amps, I wouldn't consistently run it with settings that draw more current than that. If you'd like to figure out exactly how many amps you're using ... Ohm's law

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The coil resistence is 0.22 I believe that around 21/22 amps at 100 watts the eleafe adjust voltage it self

You're good. Those batteries are rated at 20A and 100 watts pulls around 18.5A when the batts are almost empty. Check it out with the Steam Engine battery drain calculator. Each battery at 3V = 6V total in series. With fully charged batteries at 8.4V no-load you're drawing lower amps. At 75 watts max amp draw is around 14A.

Atty resistance doesn't matter if you're in VW mode, that's all about the watts. If you're in VV mode atty resistance matters, but the mod won't let you go over 100 watts.

Vape on :)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I am not familiar with the chemistry or the CDR of those Aspire cells, and to honest if Mooch hasn't tested them I wouldn't use them.
I would recommend investing in another two cells of known and tested CDR like the Samsung 25R or the LG HG2.

Ryedan's advice is right on the money about calculating the safe amp draw based on the minimum charge divided by the number of cells. However the iStick 100 uses a parallel battery config with buck/boost up to 10 volts.
So at 3.2 volts when the batteries are ready to swapped out, the amp draw is 17 amps per cell which is below the 20 amp CDR.

You can see the maths behind those calculations here, and/or use steam-engine to model them.

Remember with a regulated mod
Ym3ZzST.jpg

Reactions: Douggro

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
Wouldn't the safety of the battery be dependent on how you use them
You are also correct sir. It's just that if there ever is a problem that ICR's react more violently than IMR's or INR's. Follow proper charging and don't stress them too much and you'll be fine. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Aspire 1800mAh 18650 Bench (Re)Test Results...great at 20A, beating the 25R, equaling the VTC4

• "This is an ICR, lithium-cobalt, cell. While it has passed all the severe global safety standard testing without going into thermal runaway (even if directly shorted with a 0.07 ohm load), it still retains the characteristics of ICR cells; a lower thermal runaway threshold temperature and a more violent reaction when in thermal runaway. You alone will have to decide whether this is a concern or not." Mooch

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread