Aspire Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marybratti

Apr 23, 2017
So today is my first noon cigarette day. I've tryed the alien and it never gave me the cigarette smoking feeling. This one does. I'm in love. Just wondering how long the coils last in this thing. I'm using a 6mg unicorn milk and I'm almost using it just like a cigarette. I take as many puffs as if I was smoking and then put it down for about 30 mins. I was a pack a day smoker. I don't have a craving for cigarettes with this thing. The pull and draw really satisfies that smoking feeling. Has anyone else been using the breeze? Just wondering how long before the coils need to be changed

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. It has been some time since I used pre-fab coils but I used to clean mine in PGA, then let them air dry before re-using. Looking at a pic of the coil. I can't see why this wouldn't work. There's a limit to how long this will extend the life, though. And once the wick is burnt, it will taste burnt forever.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't find factory-made coils to be particularly cleanable, but a U-tech coil should clean as well (or as poorly) as any other type. If you really want to clean your coils, you need to get into rebuildables.
^^^This^^^

Yes, the way to get clean coils is build them. Then when the wick gets to tasting foul, you can just replace it. Frequently, it is not necessary to rebuild the coil at all, just dry burn it, brush it clean, and re-wick. The first coil I put in a Boreas lasted a year, with the occasional wick change.

Reactions: Eskie

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've been cleaning coils by boiling them for 20-30 minutes. After air drying, they're almost like new.

They're usually good for 2, maybe 4 cycles and even then there's still life left in them.

I've been doing this with Aspire, Innokin, JJoyeTech, Kanger and Smok coils for years now.

Last edited:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
The u coils are stellar. My wife and I used these as our main device when we started. With light colored, non sweetened juice we could go 3 weeks on a coil. It is a great little piece, but using it as our main device soon brought out its' shortcomings. We kept them for our backup unit.
Don't try to monitor the charge. It will drive you crazy. When it is fully charged the light is supposed to be red and orange, but it is actually pink. It will stay on pink for about 10 puffs, then it goes to blue. It stays on blue for most of the charge. Then all of a sudden it is orange, and 5 puffs later it's dead. Also you can't see the charge light unless you are in the dark. I bought the charging dock to help. You can take the dock with you and charge it when you are out. However, there is no charge level indicator on the dock. When it turns red it is dead. You just have to remember you get about 3 charges out of the dock.

It's almost impossible to see the liquid level if you use light colored ones. It doesn't hold much, so you have to take liquid with you if you are gone for a full day.

Filling it if you are out is messy. As you know, you have to unscrew and take out the whole coil/air shaft to fill it. Don't ever fill over the red line, you'll regret it. It's hard to line up the red lines when filling it.

If you vape frequently, you will only get 4 hours out of a charge. It's just too labor intensive to be an all day vape unit. Also, the airflow is too big for true mtl. Pulls too much air. Don't get me wrong, it is a great little deal, but everyone I know uses them for a backup or for stealth vaping at a 3 or 4 hour event.

Do yourself a favor. Look at the Innokin Endura T18 or T22. Hands down the best mtl device available. Watch Phil Busardos hour long review. And keep the Breeze as a backup. I think as time goes by, you might tire of the attention you have to give it to go a full day and night of vaping.

Reactions: 10x sugar

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say vape with this for a while if you are liking it to make sure you can stabilize your vaping experience. Do a fair amount of research after figuring out what you like/don't like about the setup before making your next, more intensive purchase. That said, I haven't tried this setup, so if you are vaping quite a bit and out and about, it may be worthwhile to look for something that has reusable/replaceable batteries and an easier fill. Best of luck with it!

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Good advise. I spoke not to bash the Breeze. Just speaking from experience from trying to use the Breeze as a full time unit, and it became a frustration due to problems I listed above. It is an excellent device. The 650 mah battery and 2 ml capacity are the biggest drawbacks for full time use. The charging dock is only 11.99 plus shipping at most online stores. In my opinion it is a must have if you are going to try and use this full time. It's small enough to fit in a purse or pocket and you can vape while charging. The .6 ohm u coils are a strong point, excellent and last a very long time.

If anything, the use of the Breeze pointed me in the right direction as to what my next purchase would be. I realized that my need would be at least 1500 mah for all day service, top fill for simplicity, and a specifically designed mtl device with 1 ohm coil or above. That led me to the Endura T22, which I now have, and the T18 for my wife. I don't want to sound like a salesman for these devices. But for my wife and I, these devices immediately took us from a pack a day each to one or two a day, hopefully soon to zero a day. Long battery life, top fill with adequate capacity for all day, and an excellent long lasting 1.5 ohm coil that is available for 1.75 online. The biggest plus is that the T18 and T22 replicate almost exactly the act of smoking.

The Aspire is great, but for me, more valuable as a short term or backup device.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
How do you clean out the glass tank when changing flavors? By the way, I am underwhelmed by this device!
You can just rinse it out and fill with the new flavor. Or just put the new flavor right in. The new flavor will dominate pretty quick.

Some OCD types (raises hand) change the coil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread