Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I have the same battery (if you're talking about the one that screws straight into the charger to charge, not the one you put an 18650 in) and I used to use it with a TOBH. If you are talking about the CF sub ohm battery, not the CF mod, it will not fire down below .4ohms. When I was using it for my rda I tried to build it about .6 or .7, which wasn't that hard to do. It works OK when it is fully charged, but as the battery drains it lags (takes longer to heat up the coils) If you build below .4, it will not fire, the button will just flash. It does not last too long when using it that way, and since you have to plug it in to charge instead of swapping out the battery, it's kind of a PITA. It will at least give you an idea if you're going to like an rda, though, without having to spend money on a different mod.

Odd. I've used down to .24 on my Aspire CF sub ohm battery, and it was fine. .4ohm should be fine, maybe there was something else going on, .4ohm is actually a nice resistance to build for these, descent power and battery life.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
if i use it around .7-.8 ohms you think the battery will last about all day?

Depends on how much you vape it, but yeah, that's only around 20W or so, I would think you could get a whole day out of it. The battery performs a bit better than a typical 18650, and I can generally get a day out of a single 18650 mod around 20W.

If you're doing dual coils, I would probably use 28g kanthal to get up to .7-.8ohm, 24g, or 26g would have way too long of a ramp up time.

yeah thats the battery.....kinda dissappointed haha how about a .7 or .8 ohm build did the battery last a pretty long time(like nearly all day)? i dont care for crazy clouds but atleast decent ones

Using a tobh with a .7 build, my CF batteries used to last about four hours. Of course, that depends on how often you vape and how you vape and other stuff…batteries last different times for different people. I only used the TOBH with that battery when I was at home sitting around; for out and about, I used a sub ohm tank with a .5 stock coil, and it would then last me the majority of the day of heavy vaping. I would not plan on having a CF battery and a TOBH being your all day setup if you're going to say be out working all day or away from home for many hours, unless you have two and are carrying a spare with you. I realized by dripping with that device that I preferred an RDA and dripping to using a tank, so I upgraded to a better mod with more leeway as far as resistance and better battery life. As for clouds…I'd say the production was "decent". I'm more interested in flavor, but I do like a lot of vapor, and the TOBH on the Aspire was enough vapor to be satisfying for me. Also, the airflow is much airier than a tank, and I liked that better. You might, too. The mouthpiece that came with my TOBH was a stupid little narrow thing, which I swapped out for a short wide delrin one, and that makes a difference IMO in taste and vapor production too. So does how you situate your coils in the deck (the TOBH has the airflow in a weird spot and so you have to sort of edge your coils over so that they're close to the air holes so that you get enough air or the vapor production is meh. Search the forums, I'm sure there are many people posting how to do it.)

You might find that you don't care for dripping, or that it's not practical for you all day every day, so I don't think you're wrong to try it on the Aspire battery first.

Last edited:
Odd. I've used down to .24 on my Aspire CF sub ohm battery, and it was fine. .4ohm should be fine, maybe there was something else going on, .4ohm is actually a nice resistance to build for these, descent power and battery life.

I suppose it could be my janky noob coil building skills. Everyone else's mileage may vary. :)

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I suppose it could be my janky noob coil building skills. Everyone else's mileage may vary. :)

Heh, I don't know, it should have worked, the specs state down to .3ohm, and by accident I found it actually works slightly lower. I've used my goblin at .4ohm on it before, and as I stated it had descent power, and battery life for me. You're correct though YMMV.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
alright so i have another question lets say an aspire atlantis tank at .8 ohms pre built coil compared to an rda with .8 ohms would they use the same exact power from the battery?

Yes, same power. Doesn't matter if its from a tank, or RDA if the coils are the same resistance, you should see the same battery life out of either atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread