Aspire changing to organic cotton for ALL coils...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckley

Feb 14, 2015
Holland, NY
Thought I'd copy this message​ from Aspire:

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for supporting aspire and thank you very much for your concern.
There were some talks about the ceramic firber material we used in our Atlantis atomizer before.We at aspire
have paid high attention to this discussion and gave the responsible responses here.
We are sure that it is safe as long as it’s properly used and kept saturated during use.

Doubts and fears are due to the lack of cognition. Due to the unfamiliar and unknown on the ceramic fiber used in Atlantis atomizer,customers prefer to accept the things they known like organic cotton.We at aspire listen to customers' voice, Aspire R&D team has been researching to use the organic cotton which is widely accepted by people instead of our present material,after testing,we found that the flavor is more better just like customers suggested.We done running change soon.
All the nautilus BVC coils and Atlantis coils be shipped out to be full organic cotton from Mar.2

Have a nice day!

Guess I should've titled post "Aspire changing nautilus bvc and Atlantis coils to organic cotton", oops.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Hehe been reading and watching a lot of videos on this "unknown" substance in the current coils. I think it's being used because it doesn't burn as easily as cotton. As to the safety...no one really knows, but if particles are breaking off and being inhaled, it needs to be changed. It might be a perfectly safe substance but I'm not a fan of any particles heading down my throat without my prior consent :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I wouldn't trust Aspire at this point, or what they consider 'cotton.'...

Do you feel the same about Kanger? (subtank OCC?)

It would be tricky to explain away NOT using cotton wool if rumor spread.... surely it would end their business, or do you think it doesn't work like that?

(I don't know, but would be interested in opinions...)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
btw, the Kanger coils are most definitely OC (Muji in fact). Check out the second pbusardo china video on youtube....I have taken one apart and it looks very much like the muji stuff i have for what its worth :) Certainly no ceramic whatchamacallit in the 'old' Aspire units (and the Delta IIs..)

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
I need some Atlantis coils, but have been waiting for the cotton ones. Hope they hit the market soon.

You're in luck then, the all cotton Atlantis coils have been on the market for the better part of a month now; however the packaging doesn't specify whether the coils are the new all cotton or the old ones.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
btw, the Kanger coils are most definitely OC (Muji in fact). Check out the second pbusardo china video on youtube....I have taken one apart and it looks very much like the muji stuff i have for what its worth :) Certainly no ceramic whatchamacallit in the 'old' Aspire units (and the Delta IIs..)

Really?

A) The organic cotton information on the website was changed prior to launch of the Delta 2. The main reason why the Japanese Organic Cotton were not used on the final production model is because natural organic cotton is not easily formed for mass production. It is very easy to use for an individual to make a single build at prototyping stages.

Taste Your Juice | MORE INFORMATION ON THE DELTA II WICKING MATERIALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread