• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

organic cotton coils for nautilus mini are now available in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

railz68

Jun 15, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
not sure what thread to reply to, as your linked to another of your own. So I'll ask here.

I know when i was reading reviews and such on the Nautilus that Rip Trippers brought this up, saying he wasn't sure about the materials. But after so many positive reviews, i bought it, the mini with the BVC coils. They work well, and last a good while for the extra money they cost. They never flood, never give burnt hits, just all round work pretty good.

So questions time. Are these new coils replacing the old, or are they something you have to seek out or request special. Being a kayfun and Lemo user, i know how cotton works. It works great, but does not last as long as traditional coils (silica/ekowool/mesh). Or in the case of these BVC coils, Ceramic. I use the Nautilus for on the road/at work, as it just works as it should.

If they are fazing them out, i guess concerns on this ceramic they were using should be raised. If it's only for personal preference, or flavor, then i don't want to pay as much as the ceramic. Organic cotton coils will Not last as long as current coils do.

please, more info on these new coils.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
So questions time. Are these new coils replacing the old, or are they something you have to seek out or request special. Being a kayfun and Lemo user, i know how cotton works. It works great, but does not last as long as traditional coils (silica/ekowool/mesh). Or in the case of these BVC coils, Ceramic. I use the Nautilus for on the road/at work, as it just works as it should.

If they are fazing them out, i guess concerns on this ceramic they were using should be raised. If it's only for personal preference, or flavor, then i don't want to pay as much as the ceramic. Organic cotton coils will Not last as long as current coils do.

please, more info on these new coils.

Have no idea about Aspire plans, I suggest to ask your supplier, they should know better. So far new coil works great, and yes, it's my personal preference.

GreekDude1821

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2015
Toronto
not sure what thread to reply to, as your linked to another of your own. So I'll ask here.

Based on one site I just searched (Canadian vendor) the organic is $1.40 more that the original coil. So as it stands right now, it is not worth it.

That's the main reason I went from a nautilus to RTA, spend like 10 min during a weekend to rewick it and you're good for the week. And the flavour is way better!

railz68

Jun 15, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
those that have these new coils, can you let us know if you have the Mini or full size Nautilus, and how many refills these coils last for ? Are you finding they last the same, longer/less time.

Still a little surprised organic cotton would cost more than what they were using previous. But if it performs better, and lasts, I'll try them.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
those that have these new coils, can you let us know if you have the Mini or full size Nautilus, and how many refills these coils last for ? Are you finding they last the same, longer/less time.

Still a little surprised organic cotton would cost more than what they were using previous. But if it performs better, and lasts, I'll try them.

Nautilus Mini.
How long they will last I don't know, most likely less than previous ceramics. But flavour is better, cleaner, in my opinion of course.

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I just recently purchased two packs of the new Nautilus OCCs. Last night I tried one out in my Mini (1.6 Ohm). For about the first 1ml of vaped e-liquid I was getting a bit of a funky taste. It's hard to describe the flavour, not really bad (not particularly good either), but certainly not what I was use to tasting in my most common e-liquid; almost a sterile or medicinal aftertaste. After that first ml of juice the flavour began to taste similar to what I remember from the old coils. Has anyone else experienced this flavour change when going from the old to the new coils? Could there be a break-in period required for the new coils?

Peter

Last edited:

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
with a new coil, take a few puffs without hitting the fire button, and maybe let it sit 10min or so to take in juice. You want the cotton nice and wet with juice before applying voltage.

For rebuilds using cotton, the wick is wet/soaked before putting it back together. You can't do this with a pre-made coil such as this.

Hi Railz:

Yup, I do that with all my attys. I usually give it lots of time to "soak" then pull through on the drip tube a few times; then I normally start at very low voltage, 6 or 7, and take a test hit to confirm that the wick is not dry before going to the preferred wattage. Because my only wick material experience is with cartomizers and Nautilus Minis (with the old wicks), I had never vaped cotton; at least until I got the new coils. Like I said, until I've vaped about a ml of liquid, it tastes a bit "off."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread