Aspire Cleito Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone - Been a while since I've been on here but I'm running into some issues and thought I'd see if anyone else if having them. For the last 6 months or more, I've noticed Cleito coils being very inconsistent. I would put a new coil in and the resistance would jump all over the place, it could crackle and pop like crazy and burn up almost immediately. I actually had an entire box of 5 coils like this, plus numerous individual coils. Most of those faulty coils had come from the same shop, so I quit buying coils there and everything was fine for a while. For the last couple of weeks, I've found that I'm only getting about 4 days out of each coil before I start getting burnt hits. I'm just using the original Cleito, with .4ohm coils. I'm using an eLeaf iStick PICO, usually between 50-55 watts. Any thoughts on this issue? Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I briefly owned a Cleto and didn't have many problems with it, and the coils were consistent and resistance didn't jump around. I am not a sub0hmer so didn't use them for very long, but the tank was my kiddo's (he ended up quitting vaping completely-- going on 6 months, yay) and he found that coils lasted more than two weeks (and he ran a lot of liquid through them) sometimes 3 or 4.

Where did you get your coils and are you sure they are authentic?

Anna

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Always happens. Seen it many many times over the years. Bring out a new tank and it works very well with original factory building them. New tanks come out and only so many machines so sub out the old stuff to other companies only the main company wants to make the same money so the new company cheapens thing down cause they want to make money as well. What you end up with is sub par stuff and what you are experiancing now. Always happens over the last 4 years I have noticed. This is my theory and mine alone as I have no inside information.

Kinda like Apple Iphones just pleaded guilty to tampering with the previous models and slowing them down in hope you will get frustrated and buy the new ones as they are released. Scammy way to do business.

CHEERS!

Last edited:

Publicvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2017
USA UNITED STATES
I use the cletio daily and have had zero issues and bought from different vendors I use the .40 also and the ss.40 maybe they are fake 2017-12-23-18-50-09-.jpg AP-CLE30-2.jpg

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I have two EXO's that I use and have noticed that often they build up a vacuum lock that does not let the juice flow into the coil and my hits start getting dry tasting (I don't vape at high power to where it goes burnt fast). I just crack the top to let some air in and usually that fixes the issue. I have read posts where some folks poke a hole in the cotton showing in the juice ports with a needle to let the juice flow a little more unimpeded. I have not tried that yet so can't say much about how it works out.

Publicvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2017
USA UNITED STATES
I have two EXO's that I use and have noticed that often they build up a vacuum lock that does not let the juice flow into the coil and my hits start getting dry tasting (I don't vape at high power to where it goes burnt fast). I just crack the top to let some air in and usually that fixes the issue. I have read posts where some folks poke a hole in the cotton showing in the juice ports with a needle to let the juice flow a little more unimpeded. I have not tried that yet so can't say much about how it works out.
I never had that issue before. Guessing juice must be the factor. For using a pin to poke a little hole i have tried that and it totally flooded for me not sure if I pokes holes in the wrong place or what.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
Hey everyone - Been a while since I've been on here but I'm running into some issues and thought I'd see if anyone else if having them. For the last 6 months or more, I've noticed Cleito coils being very inconsistent. I would put a new coil in and the resistance would jump all over the place, it could crackle and pop like crazy and burn up almost immediately. I actually had an entire box of 5 coils like this, plus numerous individual coils. Most of those faulty coils had come from the same shop, so I quit buying coils there and everything was fine for a while. For the last couple of weeks, I've found that I'm only getting about 4 days out of each coil before I start getting burnt hits. I'm just using the original Cleito, with .4ohm coils. I'm using an eLeaf iStick PICO, usually between 50-55 watts. Any thoughts on this issue? Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks
If you're getting burnt hits after four days, it sounds like the coils aren't wicking properly. It may be caused by vacuum lock. Sometimes the cotton is packed in there super tight. You could pierce the outer layer with a safety pin. Or occasionally loosen or take off the top cap.

Running them hot or at higher wattages can ruin them fast too.

I have a Cleito Exo and use .4 SS316L, and .4 KA1regular Cleito coils in it. I try to keep the flavor and wattage (52W) consistent in that tank. Coils for it last 3 weeks to a month for me. But I have three other set-ups going for that duration. I parked my original Cleito because it got really warm and spit all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread