Aspire have stopped making TC coils!!!!!!! unbelieveable..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman5

Mar 17, 2014
UK
ni-200 0.15 TC coils - DISCONTINUED

I've purchased three Triton mini tanks - specifically to be used with the ni-200 nikel TC coils.
I just spoke with Aspire - and it turns out they have globally decided to stop production of TC coils..

I'm only interested in TC tanks... so now i have three triton mini tanks worth ~£70 that are completley useless to me.

This is the last time i will buy anything from Aspire. Feels like a complete backstab - and doesn't make sense as everyone was very keen on these coils..
-----

I'm annoyed!!! Now i have to spend more money on more tanks... - money i don't have..
Onto the next brand ..... **** Aspire.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Who at Aspire did you talk to? Was this a local distributor or email from Aspire? I ask only because on the Aspire US site there's nothing about those coil being discontinued. Still, one of the problems with tanks that use factory coils is you are at the risk of the maker dropping the line at any time.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it helps, I've heard some coils (even factory coils) can be rebuilt. I have no idea about the Aspire nickle coils, other than if they've really been discontinued, you may be able to pick some up at low prices.... It's always a risk when you buy a factory tank that coils will be d/c. I know it's a PITA, and I save all my spent Aspire BVC coils, just in case, and downloaded a video on how to rebuild them. I hope that won't be necessary--ever-- but I like to be prepared just in case, as I'm not giving up my Kabuki.

Did aspire say why they are d/c the nickle coils? Sometimes if a coil or tank isn't popular, the brand my d/c making the coils. That's too bad though, and I'm sorry. I am wondering with Eskie who exactly it was you spoke with at Aspire, they're a fairly large company, I could see one branch or a vendor not being up on the most recent information.... I hope that's the case, but I don't know.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It took me about 30 seconds to google search & find 4 UK vendors that show .15Ω triton mini/nautilus heads in stock, there is always fast tech.

Aspire may be phasing out the .15Ω Ni heads due to the triton mini delivery device/tank itself was discontinued quite a while ago.
Seems there are many still available, I put 20 cases in a cart, showed in stock ships today.

Good thing you haven't bought any of a dozen or so tanks that advertised specialty replacement heads (Ti,Ni,SS) as 'coming soon' that never were available, at all.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh, I hope they do that for the mini! I have one pack of the mini triton nickle coils that I've been too chicken to use in my N2 or other BVC capacity devices, due to things I've heard about nickle leaching and etc. I've TRIED to make myself do it, and have been unsuccessful. :) But, I like 316L SS wire and use it in all my builds (which, so far, of late, have not been progressing as planned) so if aspire started making SS coils, I'd be thrilled. Will be crossing my fingers!

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh, I hope they do that for the mini! I have one pack of the mini triton nickle coils that I've been too chicken to use in my N2 or other BVC capacity devices, due to things I've heard about nickle leaching and etc. I've TRIED to make myself do it, and have been unsuccessful. :) But, I like 316L SS wire and use it in all my builds (which, so far, of late, have not been progressing as planned) so if aspire started making SS coils, I'd be thrilled. Will be crossing my fingers!

Anna

Ni used in coils with TC are really fine. It would also surprise me if they discontinue that TC coil as it is compatible with their newest tank, the Nauti 2 as well.

If anything is disappointing me about Aspire is why they don't just switch to SS coils, good for wattage and TC vaping at the users choice.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I do believe that the .3 and .4 ohm coils for the Trident are stainless steel.

No such thing as an Aspire trident, if you meant triton as in full size, the heads are not compatible with the mini triton which are compatible with the nautilus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread