Aspire have stopped making TC coils!!!!!!! unbelieveable..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I meant Triton. I have two of them.

This thread is about the Triton mini, it is a completely different delivery device than the regular/full size triton.
The triton mini has never had .3Ω or .4Ω replacement head options.
Triton mini has .15Ω Ni, 1.2Ω kanthal, 1.8Ω Clapton and of course any head that fits a nautilus / .7Ω, 1.6Ω, 1.8Ω.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I was referring to the Triton, not the mini. Don't believe I mentioned the mini. Mostly I seconding someone else's comments about the SS coil for the full size. Maybe I should have been more specific. Thankfully there is always someone on the interwebz who knows everything and is willing to make sure people are corrected.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
ni-200 0.15 TC coils - DISCONTINUED

I've purchased three Triton mini tanks - specifically to be used with the ni-200 nikel TC coils.
I just spoke with Aspire - and it turns out they have globally decided to stop production of TC coils..

I'm only interested in TC Tanks... so now i have three triton mini tanks worth ~£70 that are completley useless to me.

This is the last time i will buy anything from Aspire. Feels like a complete backstab - and doesn't make sense as everyone was very keen on these coils..
-----

I'm annoyed!!! Now i have to spend more money on more tanks... - money i don't have..
Onto the next brand ..... **** Aspire.

This thread is about Aspire discontinuing ni200 coils.

They may or may not have discontinued the triton mini .15Ω Ni heads, there are still at least thousands available, if you look for more than 30 seconds.
Kinda makes sense since aspire discontinued the triton mini over a year ago.

Considering the only delivery devices that the .15Ω Ni heads fit that the OP is irritated about are triton mini or nautilus based delivery devices talking about heads that will not fit a triton mini seems silly.

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
It's quite possible that discontinued production means the market has a 10+ year supply. With Ni being so popular, that could be 30 years or more. Just buy a stockpile proportional to your paranoia. Once they clear warehouses of all the useless (TC wise) kanthal hopefully they'll offer SS or a 3rd party mfg will; may already.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Rolling your own is great, but not the answer to everything. I use tanks with retail coils when I'm out and about so that I can quickly change a coil if I need to, without getting out a tool kit, wire, wick, etc. My husband is a vaper, but not a vape hobbyist, and isn't interested in making coils on the regular (he thinks it's fun occasionally), which he wouldn't be able to do while working, anyway, and probably wouldn't use an APV if it was limited only to a roll-your-own scenario.

(The Ego Ones with CLR heads are a great middle ground: drop in coils when you want the convenience of pre-made, but rebuildable, with good flavor and performance. Can't do TC straight out of the pack, but you can rebuild with your own wire, and carry those with you.)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Tanks with factory coils do have their place in a collection. I use mine the same way, for travel and whatnot when I'm not doing builds in a hotel room or elsewhere. I do accept that at some point coils may no longer be available and that's too bad, but I am already aware of that risk (and don't buy expensive tanks that rely on factory coils).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vapemesilly, it's okay. :) Topwater Elvis has a good point, I actually have an accidental set of triton coils in my vacopalypse closet. I forgot completely about needing the mini.... It's a reasonable correction, and yes, the thread is about the triton mini nickle coils. Differentiating between those two is hard sometimes, so don't ah, freak or anything, alright? It's an important distinction for us to keep in mind.... Chill, chill, disable sarcasm mode. If I never got corrected for anything, I wouldn't you know, learn. :) It's all good.

If anyone on the internet knows everything, I'd love to meet that person. I have some questions about the afterlife... that and quantum theory, and some other stuff.:D

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Vapemesilly, it's okay. :) Topwater Elvis has a good point, I actually have an accidental set of triton coils in my vacopalypse closet. I forgot completely about needing the mini.... It's a reasonable correction, and yes, the thread is about the triton mini nickle coils. Differentiating between those two is hard sometimes, so don't ah, freak or anything, alright? It's an important distinction for us to keep in mind.... Chill, chill, disable sarcasm mode. If I never got corrected for anything, I wouldn't you know, learn. :) It's all good.

If anyone on the internet knows everything, I'd love to meet that person. I have some questions about the afterlife... that and quantum theory, and some other stuff.:D

Anna

It's nice to meet you.. my name is Opinionated.

:w00t:

:lol:

(I just HAD to! Couldn't resist!)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh no. I paid a brief visit there and even I can't argue that much... LOL. Izan, here I thought your advice was trustworthy :lol::lol:, I guess to be fair it came with a warning.... Read a few threads and backed slowly, carefully away without turning around so I could make sure nothing slithered after me...

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Oh no. I paid a brief visit there and even I can't argue that much... LOL. Izan, here I thought your advice was trustworthy :lol::lol:, I guess to be fair it came with a warning.... Read a few threads and backed slowly, carefully away without turning around so I could make sure nothing slithered after me...

Anna
sorry OP:
OT

I was on MAIF until I was 27; I'm Quasi-Trustworthy. More or less. :danger:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
:danger: Also OT, but I was on MAIF for several years too! OMG, for awhile, it seemed like it cost more than my mortgage, LOL. I don't miss them days.

Fortunately, all my accidents of late (like, the past 8 years) have been with stuff like dumpsters or steel posts in drive-throughs (it's hard to damage a dumpster and easy not to fix a dent), but right before I quit smoking and was still dreadfully ill with pneumonia, I thought I accidentally "curbed" my car trying to park downtown but in fact, I hit a lawyer's wife's car (was clueless) and received a letter from the lawyer requesting $1500. Sigh. There was contact paint on my bumper so I just paid it, ironically I'd ventured down there to *deal* with a speeding ticket. :lol::lol:It was awful, I paid it out of my own savings, but I also accidentally then decided to venture elsewhere and parked in a handicapped spot (over $400!) and I hid that parking ticket while I was getting ready to pay it, but the husband found it the same day that letter arrived, I think he was about to kill me.... I STILL had no clue how ILL I was, but thinking back to that day.... Yeah, me and the smokes and pneumonia were rather non-functional toward the end there....

Now that I'm vaping, I seem to steer better, and pay attention more generally, (plus, I don't drop lit cigarettes anymore) so *YET* another benefit of vaping. I did run over some really sharp thorned wood picking up my kiddo in the alley behind his house yesterday and popped a tire. I was super impressed with how the kid just freaking said, "Sit over there, Mom," and changed my tire for me. I kinda dreamed my kiddo would turn out that way-- last time he was over, he took out the trash without my asking, the precious thing. :)

That did not stop the husband from being Most Displeased about it when I got home.... Sigh, another tire from my savings is okay, but he just gets mad about "useless waste." I call it fate, but that's what *he* calls it. I was like, "But the kid was so sweet, he changed it in no time flat!" Husband's response: "Yeah, he'd better be able to, what with the amount of new tires HE has needed, you two are both the same...." I have no clue, but what with the cactuses and thorns and rocks everywhere, they should make tire replacement in AZ a mandatory "insurance pays, and no cost increase" like they do with windshields.... It sucks too, the husband takes his stupid Subaru off road all the time and he's fine. I think I need different tires, like maybe monster truck tires....

It's still better than MAIF- nothing is worse than MAIF. Also not worse than me in a car, smoking cigarettes. I *finally* detailed mine (well, most people would call it more of a cleaning) but it's fantastic, though. :D

This is all peripherally related to vaping-- my driving really has improved, and it was *really* unexpected. No driving "incidents" (besides the tire) in over 100 days, that's kind of a lot of days, for me. I had no idea vaping would improve my driving, but it so did. :)

Anna

jman5

Mar 17, 2014
UK
Hey all,
I'm surprised that they've discontinued it.
I bought my tanks just before the new E.U regulations kicked in. So i think that was about April - May??
I assumed that the Triton had been discontinued in Europe post this due to it having over a 2ml capacity.

However i don't get why they stopped the Triton mini sales.. and the 'official distributors' are all out of stock of the ni-200 coils and won't be receiving any more, so that just leaves the random sites you can find that may or may not have authentic products.

I've had the triton mini for a few months and suddenly it's a discontinued old tech.
I will buy a bunch of coils from wherever i can find authentic ones as i'd like to continue using my tank... - it just doesn't warm me to aspires business model.
--

The mini nautilus and now the triton mini have been the best MTL tanks i've had.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
As far as the Triton mini tank itself, I can sort of understand moving away from it in their production as it's primary benefit was top fill over the Nautilus tanks at that time. Now that the top fill Nauti 2 is out, I imagine it seems redundant in their line up. I personally like the top fill method of the Triton mini better than the newer Nauti 2, but that's their call.

The Triton and Atlantis lines are not continuing in the EU/UK due to TPD volume regulations.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree it's a shame, but tanks (unless they are RTAs) do go in and out of production. I feel similarly, in the sense that I'd be buying up lots of boxes of coils while also feeling indignant that I *had* to do so. Seems like Aspire has a lot of MTL tanks on offer ATM and are coming out with a next generation of products, leaving the N2 as the "flagship" tank kind of thing.... TPD stuff may not have helped much either since Aspire does seem to be looking at mostly 2 ml tanks (which honestly, after trying some 3 ml tanks, the extra ml makes a huge difference in my opinion, in a lot of different ways) and kind of paring down their offerings. I dislike when a tank maker stops supporting it's earlier production lines, but I guess at some point they have to. At least you discovered it fairly early, from the looks of things....

I do keep my spent coils, and I have a video on how to rebuild the BVC coils downloaded on my computer should it ever become necessary-- that is my one major beef with drop in coils.... not the cost, not even my gunking factors, but whether I will be able to obtain them in the future....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread