Aspire K1 Glassomizer less $ then Nautilus & has BVC coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I just saw these on the Aspire website. I'd heard a rumor something like this was coming out, but am surprised it appears to have happened so soon.

Aspire K1 Glassomizer 1 piece pack [8282] - $14.00 : Aspire online shopping

They are listed as being available with either a 1.6 or 1.8 ohm BVC head, but it looks like on Aspire's website you can only buy one of these with the 1.8 ohm head. There is no separate listing for buying replacement Aspire BVC heads. Aspire's price is $14 for one of these, with no additional replacement head. Visually it looks like the base has airflow control, but there is no mention of such a feature, so I don't think it has it. I've no idea if it could really use it or not. Hopefully it doesn't need airflow control, but that would be a nice feature to have.

My experience with the 1.8 ohm Aspire BVC in the Mini Nautilus was so, so. Leaks were not an issue. Vapor and flavor delivery was good, though rather cool (compared to say... an Innokin iClear 16 TDC clearomizer - my favorite clearomizer overall, including compared to the Mini Nautilus or Aspire BDCs). In order to get that good flavor and vapor though, you really had to turn the volts up, to about 4.2 volts, or even much higher, which is quite a drain on something like an iTaste vv v3.0 which is only an 800mah device (my current favorite vaping device). On my Prospect e-pipe mech mod, which uses unregulated IMR batteries, the power delivery is not enough to get the most out of the Mini Nautilus BVC tank. The Mini Nautilus looks good though, and the airflow control is a nice, well designed feature.

I like the idea of a smaller form factor Aspire tank that uses a BVC type head. It is a little unclear right now if this BVC head is the same as the ones that fit the Nautilus tanks. That's a bit annoying. I wish the Aspire website, or some other source, was clearer on that. The K1's BVC might be a little smaller. I can't tell from the few photos that are out there. Health Cabin has this K1 clearomizer for $11.29, less than Aspire, and it also has both the 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm head versions, which is nice to see. I don't know who else carries these yet. Probably not many, at least for now. We should start a list, including which ohm coil head options are available.
The 1.6 ohm head version might be less power hungry to work well compared to the Nautilus BVC. I'd like future reviewers to let us know what they experience on that.

Aspire K1 BVC Glassomizer

Owing to its smaller size, this Aspire K1 BVC clearomizer may provide a warmer vape, though probably not too hot. Hopefully it will also perform well with reasonable power input levels, like 3.7 volts or so, rather than needing excessively high power input like the Mini Nautilus does. That would be appropriate for something that has a better form factor for eGo style size batteries, which are typically just 3.7 volt devices. The threading is eGo, rather than 510, which is nice, but have they built it well to work on most eGo type batteries? I'm waiting on more reviews.

I like the Mini Nautilus, but it really doesn't suit my needs with the equipment I have. This Aspire K1 clearomizer might be nearly perfect for my needs. I look forward to reading more posts reviewing this clearomizer. In particular I'd like to know how well it performs with high VG juices on the type of smaller (but average) power output batteries it was built to fit. I've tried lots of toppers, including other Aspire models, Kangers, etc. The Kanger EVOD actually wasn't too bad at all, especially for its price, but I like my dual coil iClear 16s best of all. They vape warm, which is nice, but not too hot if you use the higher ohm heads (like the 2.1 ohm ones). They can get some juice in through the mouthpiece though. That's a common issue with CE4 top feed clearomizer designs that I've gotten used to, and other bottom feed designs aren't all that much better anyway.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
I'd be refilling that tank 3 or 4 times per day. Just too small for me.

Yup, I'd have to be refilling it close to 3 times a day, and while it's got two holes, I'm not yet sure if that is the equal to the largest air opening of the Nautilus 5ml tank. After using the Nautilus and the AeroTank mega with the largest air setting, I just can't go back to having to suck so hard that it pulls my teeth out.

While the price is great and I love to have extra tanks here to keep different flavors in to suit my immediate mood, with it not being able to use the same coil as the Nautilus is a big drawback to me. I'm already tired of having to keep 3 or 4 types of coils in stock and at the ready. If I knew back when I first started vaping what I know now, I would have only bought all Nautilus's or all AeroTank mega's just to keep things simple and know that I only need one type of coil, instead of looking through our toolbox for the right coil for the right tank.

Still... I am interested to hear what people think of this tank after vaping on it for a while and whether it's a decent tank, or only good because it was only $10.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Yup, I'd have to be refilling it close to 3 times a day, and while it's got two holes, I'm not yet sure if that is the equal to the largest air opening of the Nautilus 5ml tank. After using the Nautilus and the AeroTank mega with the largest air setting, I just can't go back to having to suck so hard that it pulls my teeth out.

While the price is great and I love to have extra tanks here to keep different flavors in to suit my immediate mood, with it not being able to use the same coil as the Nautilus is a big drawback to me. I'm already tired of having to keep 3 or 4 types of coils in stock and at the ready. If I knew back when I first started vaping what I know now, I would have only bought all Nautilus's or all AeroTank mega's just to keep things simple and know that I only need one type of coil, instead of looking through our toolbox for the right coil for the right tank.

Still... I am interested to hear what people think of this tank after vaping on it for a while and whether it's a decent tank, or only good because it was only $10.

Theirs plenty of easy draw on these, better then protank/ aspire bcd series, it's awesome.!
I did a video review here

I only have 2 juices right now and their both thin juices, but this thing is performing stellar.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Aspire BVC General Coils (NOT For Nautilus/mini) 5 piece [8201V] - $10.00 : Aspire online shopping

Here, on the Aspire website, separate from the K1 glassomizer listing (which doesn't even have a link to the above page), it lists the Aspire BVC General Coils (NOT For Nautilus/mini). There they are not only listed as available in 1.6 and 1.8 ohm, but also 2.1 ohm. They not only fit the K1, but are also compatible with Aspire's common BDC clearomizer (non-Nautilus) series such as the ET, ET-S, CE5 and CE5-S. That's pretty cool, as that allows me to try out this coil on some Aspire ET-S glassomizers I already have, without having to buy a whole new tank. I no longer use those glassomizers because I wasn't that thrilled with the BDC on them (or having to bottom fill them for that matter). The new Aspire BVC may change my mind about them, if they vape well enough. A 5-pack is only $10. My 1st Mini Nautilus BVC head lasted about 2 weeks, so $2 for each head is not bad if these Aspire BVC heads last at least as long. The only thing I'm wondering is which ohm rating I should get. I almost wish they had a sampler pack. I'm assuming if I want to go low on the power input I should go with the lowest available resistance, but I'm not absolutely sure - since these aren't exactly the same as the Nautilus BVC heads.

Here's a listing for a 5-pack of these newer heads for $8.95. Not a huge savings, so who to buy from may depend on shipping cost. They seem to have all 3 ohm ratings available.

Aspire BVC Coils (Pack of 5) - $8.95 - WORLDofVAPE

I'm still looking to see who else might have these, and the K1 as well, but these are just so new I'm not finding much. At least that means we shouldn't see any clones for awhile, so that is something. I'm still looking for a wider variety of reviews too, but I'm not coming up with much yet. There has been a lot of interest in these, so I'm sure we'll see more reviews soon.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I got 1 of these Aspire K1 tanks and the flavor out of this tanks is awesome; However and this is a big but I'm afraid of the ceramic mesh used around the coil. This ceramic mesh disintegrates into sand paper type grit around the coil. I would buy more of these tanks if I thought I could rebuild the heads to replace that ceramic mesh with something safe. Don't know if it could be done? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boY0UuTggVc

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Not into 5ml tanks...biggest tank I would use is 2.5ml don't want to vape more than that without keeping track of how much I'm vaping. Almost got another 2 K1s , I'm good w/ the weak man's version but I'm "Scared of the Ceramic Mesh Wick Material". Would really like to hear more about this tank from vaping experts -minus the heirs.

Did get another mpt2 to keep different flavors on hand. I don't jump on new technology, don't have $ to burn ideally, I would like to see some more experienced users than I, review this K1 after using it over a month +. I love this tank.
1) Like to know if the flavor of eliquid changes after sitting in the K1 over night?
2) Anyone notice an odd alcohol base chemical taste, after tank sits idle over night that is eliminated after some primer puffs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread