Aspire Nautilus 2 flooded coil upon refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
laurentiu, try adding a few drops of Distilled Water to your liquid. It may be a little too thick for your coils to wick effectively, so your coil could well be drying out and your getting dry hits.

Do this on a known amount, like 10ml and take notes. Because when you get it right, you want to be able to repeat it.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

laurentiu

Jan 17, 2019
I don’t think it has nothing to do as the same liquid without salts or with freebase nicotine is great. This problem occurred only with nicotine salts added. It shouldn’t be like this i think.
I know that with nicotine salts i should use higher resistance but my 1.8 was burned and i couldn’t test it. I’ll get back with some feedback after i test a new 1.6 one.

Reactions: Mordacai

laurentiu

Jan 17, 2019
As promised, I had some tests done.
So, with 0.7 coil and some blends of Drake’s I got a max of 2 days usage.
IMG_3640.jpg

I’ve also got a 1.6 and one 1.8 coil for the salts blend. 1.6 is rubish. Couldn’t get nor flavor or clouds. It went to the trash can. 1.8 sent some flavor and some clouds but it was still irritating so I’ll give away the blend with salts.

I kept the 1.8 for the moment using some 12mg Drake’s Burley and for the moment it’s ok.

As a conclusion, I couldn’t vape salts blend with no available coil for my tank. Also, I discovered that almost the blends I’ve made are deadly for 0.7 coils (probably for this 1.8 too but I have to test it further more). Flavor has been always best with 0.7 and I’ll get some 10ml of these soon.

I’ll be back!

laurentiu

Jan 17, 2019
Hi fellows

So I’ve finished my Drake’s blend, burnt 3 0.7, one 1.6 and 2 1.8 coils. They were not looking so good. I’ll attach some pics.
I was talking with a local shop and they told it’s because NETs as they are thick, concentrated and got more impurities than regular. In this rhythm I’m burning a coil a day or so. They said it’s time for an RTA.
So I’m into something new now. I was watching the Vandy Vape Berserker to use with my Zelos mod. I think it’ll work. I’m going to also talk with guys at the shop but, I was wondering what impedance and material should I use for the coils. I’m going to buy pre mades and use them for MTL with Drake’s. So, if I use ~0.7 shall I stick with 18W-23W as with Zelos coils? Same for 1.8.
I wanna stick on MTL. Could you recommend something here?
What material shall I use? Shall I try SS for TC?

PS: I now got the Drake’s pre made juices. I’ll try Kentucky with a new coil starting now. I’m going to tell you how much it lasted.

IMG_3649.jpg
IMG_3648.jpg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello laurentiu, sorry to hear the trouble your having.

Have you considered a clone Doggystyle or Prime MTL atomiser from fasttech, might be of some interest to you and they're relatively cheap.

And SS316L is a good choice as it's cheap to get hold of, especially here.
SS316L Grade
Flat wire and ribbon seems interesting for simple coils, with TCR they will have to be spaced and not touching. Also if you glow the coils, you mess up the TCR of the wire.

Hope I've given you some options.

laurentiu

Jan 17, 2019
No, I just read about the Berserker. It’s about the same price here all of them. Do you guys have some background with this and don’t recommend it? I just know that Berserker was recommended for MTL as Nautilus 2 was. I don’t know yet any differences. As for the wires I think I’m going to take them once at a time, I mean first pre build then building my owns cause I have just nearly a month and already messed it once or so. After I learn more I think I’ll get some ohm meter to make my own.
As for the TC, what is the recommended wire material in terms of safety?

PS: what clone means in these RTAs names?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Clone = Copy.

So prime is a copy of a kayfun prime MTL atomiser, for a fraction of the price. Even cheaper than Bezerker, if you get from fasttech.

And stainless steel is usually the goto metal for TCR, it's listed a SS though. And there's a lot of different versions of the alloy, that's where the numbers and the L on the end come in.

And some folks have been mentioning that the prime does very well with very simple wire coils, just single wire builds.

Ohm meter, multimeter will work just as well.

And for coil building steam-engine.org has online tools that you can use to work out coils.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
With flooding, I often Vape it upside down for a few draws (yes, you will likely get liquid in your mouth). This burns off excess liquid but does not allow more to get into the wick.

You can also simulate the same thing by blowing thru the bottom airholes as you fire it (while upside down).
Do you have a special harness or just dangle from the limb of a tree?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Getting a couple for relatives to try out, also there's a few folks on the forums that use and recommend them due to performance and price.

Good thread for you to read.
Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

I'll also let you know my opinion when I've had a play with one for a while and got the build sorted out, I'll probably be using ribbon wire and ekowool (silica fibre).

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread