Status
Not open for further replies.

holt7153

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
L.A.
Hello everyone-

I've been using Nautilus tanks with BVC coils for years and I recently noticed the coils are getting more difficult to find. Are they being phased out and/or replaced with a similar product? Apologies in advance as I've been off the forums for a long time and out of the loop.

TIA

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hello everyone-

I've been using Nautilus tanks with BVC coils for years and I recently noticed the coils are getting more difficult to find. Are they being phased out and/or replaced with a similar product? Apologies in advance as I've been off the forums for a long time and out of the loop.

TIA
    I don't think that they are being phased out. Probably just less popular. For that type of vaping many moved to the newer Zenith tank.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    I believe they may be around for a while. Aspire has launched 2 products, both fairly recently. One is the Nautilus 2/2S, and the other is one of their pod systems. I bought a couple of hundred from Fasttech recently, as my fave atty of all time is still the Kabuki.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hello everyone-

TIA
    I don’t see them being phased out any time soon. They work and they work pretty well. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    They might become suddenly totally unavailable inside the USA though. You could be seeing a hoarding issue. One that may or may not even be necessary.

The big question is does the BVC cartridge predate the deeming deadline? I don’t know. Someone here might though.

IF BVC cartridges are old enough they get to ignore the hardware deeming in which case hoarders are wasting time. Unless of course some sort of nationwide ban gets pushed through.

the BVC coil is a good candidate for hoarding because Aspire had put a lot of effort into making the BVC MSRP stick internationally. They can’t be sold cheaply in bulk, but they also can’t be sold at predatory markup.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The COILS aren't going anywhere, Aspire just launched the 0.7 BVC coil that is mesh, which is quite pleasant in my opinion and way better than the mesh coils that the Zenith has to offer. (FYI I don't know if they fit in the older tanks, but they do have the twine so maybe? But it's blue.)

FT has some weird aspire thing where you can only buy it with bitcoins or a gift card. You can buy something and then get a refund which will give you a giftcard (I'd uh suggest something similar in price to what coils you want) but they are fairly inexpensive there.

I have bought a bunch in bulk because they are drop in coils I am NOT ready to give up.

Because whether we will be able to get the coils in the USA , I am unsure. Etc. But, the coils themselves are readily available in many places.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The COILS aren't going anywhere, Aspire just launched the 0.7 BVC coil that is mesh, which is quite pleasant in my opinion and way better than the mesh coils that the Zenith has to offer. (FYI I don't know if they fit in the older tanks, but they do have the twine so maybe? But it's blue.)

FT has some weird aspire thing where you can only buy it with bitcoins or a gift card. You can buy something and then get a refund which will give you a giftcard (I'd uh suggest something similar in price to what coils you want) but they are fairly inexpensive there.
    That weirdness is probably an end run attempt at getting around that MSRP thing I was talking about. Aspire does NOT like volume or location based discounts on BVC coils.
    I have bought a bunch in bulk because they are drop in coils I am NOT ready to give up.

Because whether we will be able to get the coils in the USA , I am unsure. Etc. But, the coils themselves are readily available in many places.

Anna

• Agree

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    Every year Aspire seem to release a new device that uses Nautilus coils so I doubt they'll drop them anytime soon...

Nautilus
    Triton Mini
    Nautilus mini
    Plato
    Nautilus 2
    Nautilus 2s
    Nautilus AIO

Another new Aspire Nautilus device I missed off my list above, the Mulus:
    Aspire Mulus - Aspire® Official Site

Status
    Not open for further replies.