Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I am so sorry you feel that way, eBan. Your post makes me sad; I am torn between wondering whether you are looking for a reason to smoke - which is entirely your prerogative- or simply intended to troll.

A pack of cigs does guarantee you 20 consistent cigs every time. They also guarantee the absorption of hundreds of known carcinogens, every time you light up - a scam perpetrated on the public which is purported to cost billions of dollars and billions of lives. To compare the frustration associated with two bad coils with the effects of smoking is both ill-informed and disingenuous.

If ever you decide to try again, the ecf community will be here, willing to help. I wish you well.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Be sure to properly prime new/unused heads before use.
Drip drops of eliquid on top of the screen in the head & allow time for them to soak in. May take 5 - 10 drops to fully saturate the wicking material.

Start new heads at a reduce power level to prevent burning the cotton, gradually increase power over the first half tank or so to 'break in' the new head.
You should see bubbles rise from the wicking holes if it is wicking suffeciantly.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Give it up. This is exactly why I sold the whole setup and went back to smoking. None of you can even agree on the cause! I already went over everything and I already know that Aspire themselves shipped 2 bad coils with my tank. It felt like inhaling battery acid. No one in their right mind can say that is healthy.

Furthermore I see forum post after post all over the internet about how they got sets of bad coils. Do you buy 10 cars in hopes that at least one works? No, because that's stupid. I don't have the money to gamble away like that. A pack of cigarettes guarantees me 20 perfectly consistent cigarettes every single time. The only thing vaping guarantees me is a headache, wasted money, and a strong chance to emulate the sensation of smoking fire ants.

Plain and simple, this is a waste of time and money. If these are the devices legislators are coming across I can see why they would want to ban them and close the industry. Clearly quality control is a joke, customers health come second to profit, and it is NOT safe.

My decision has been made, I am not foolish enough to fall for the same scam twice. Vaping accomplished one thing though, it just produced one more anti-vaper.

There are any number of reasons that this could have happened to you. None of us are there looking over your shoulder to assist and point out any mistakes you might have made. I don't see how we, in this forum, are responsible for evaluating and resolving your specific problem. It could be that you got a bad batch of coils. It happens. It could be that your juice is too thick and couldn't wick fast enough. It could be that your device reads the 1.8ohm coil too high and sent too much voltage to the coil, burning it. All we can offer is suggestions based on our own experiences. It doesn't guarantee a perfect answer every time. Sometimes all it does is send you in the right direction to find the right answer.

And as far as the 10 cars analogy, if the cars only cost you $25 apiece then yes you would buy 10 in the hopes that one would work :)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Be sure to properly prime new/unused heads before use.
Drip drops of eliquid on top of the screen in the head & allow time for them to soak in. May take 5 - 10 drops to fully saturate the wicking material.

Start new heads at a reduce power level to prevent burning the cotton, gradually increase power over the first half tank or so to 'break in' the new head.
You should see bubbles rise from the wicking holes if it is wicking suffeciantly.

Yes! VERY IMPORTANT! I also put drops on the wick holes in the atomizer and you must let it sit for at least 10 minutes. With these coils once it is burnt it is done as it never tastes the same!

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
Well, second one down now. This is just ridiculous and quite frankly getting to be a complete waste of time and money. I followed every instruction and suggestion to the tee, priming, letting it sit, no-power pulls, never letting it fall bellow 0.5ml, never fill past 1.5 ml, not chain vaping, low wattage to start (6W) than a little higher afterwards (8W) and the coil fried after the first refill.

At this point I am just going back to smoking, not half as frustrating and a fraction of the cost. Selling the mod and buying a pack of cigs now, f this crap.
I have been using my nautilus mini again for about a month. I had plenty of coils on stock. I've never had a problem with them until the other day when I went to change one, it "burnt" on first pull as well after priming, etc. So I changed it again and same thing. Third time lucky because that coil was fine. I think it was just a couple of bad coils which could be your problem as well. I use mine with 70-80 VG at 12.5-14 W with no problems.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Hm-m-m-m Think your analogy is incorrect, Eban. :) It could be like you buy one car and wreck it cause you took the curve too fast. It happens at one time or another to us all and we call that the "learning curve." Ha! We're more than happy to help you through it.....IF you have the patience to continue.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The reality is that every type of vaping product has some level of stumbling block, from the occasional bad coil to a design that doesn't work without some tinkering. None of those things are deal breakers for someone who really wants to stop smoking. Giving up after a couple bad heads suggest to me that one isn't really ready to stop smoking. Maybe there will be more patience/motivation next time.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I was told the best is to run the Aspire Nautilus Mini in Watt mode. Between 9 and 13.5 watts. It sounds me me like you cooked the atomizer so change it and you should be all set. I accidentally ran the tank low burnt a coil and it tasted like crap. You might want to toss the e-Liquid because I have found that can also hold the taste. It is only 2 MLs. Good Luck

Reactions: Kenna

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Welcome to ecf! At that voltage, your coil should be fine. Definitely not too much power. So it sounds like you have burned the coil :(. You maybe just gotten a bad coil; that happens. Or it may be that the wick can't keep up with the viscosity of your juice. High VG juices don't wick as well as PG does at low power. If you are vaping higher than 50/50, you may want to increase the power some (say, up to 4v). Do a few pulls with no power, while covering the air holes. That will pull juice into the wick. Then, up your power a bit and see what happens. You can very safely take that coil up to 4.5-4.6 volts without burning it or degrading flavor. HTH!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I got my nautilus mini today and it was working great at first, now it has a wicked burnt taste that actually burns to inhale.

I have it set to 3.51v and 1.8ohms. I have tried the flip trick and I also let it sit for several minutes.

Is there any way to fix this or did I burn something up?

my guess is you were chain vaping, and the wick couldn't keep up and went dry.

only thing you can do is change the coil.

or is the tank empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread