Aspire Nautilus Mini burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBan

Mar 20, 2016
(Removed Quote of Deleted Post)

MODERATED) I put the last of my damn money into trying this crap, and put twice as much effort in finding out what was even happening. You just don't want to hear what someone else has to say when it conflicts with what you were told to believe. Sorry I'm a little ...... I was basically sold snake oil labeled as a miracle. That kind of thing gets to people who have very little. Clearly that concept eludes you, as it does everyone who never had REAL economic hardships.

So sorry I don't have the money to waste on garbage like this. Apparently you do, good for you. No wonder this company so comfortably sells trash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
I don't know how much your cigarettes cost but here in Edmonton, mine would cost $13.00 per pack of 25. I smoked one a day. The cost of a nice new tank and some coils would be, let's be generous, and say a week's worth of smoking. I have saved almost $1000 in the 2 months since I quit so for me this is more economical. I have owned my Aspire products for almost a year now (2 minis and an atlantis) and for the most part have had no problems except a few bad coils. In fact, I was using my temperature control tanks and my other subohm tanks for awhile and have gone back to using my mini nautilus because I believe it's a great little tank, especially for beginners. You obviously have had a bad experience and decided to trash the vaping industry in general because of it. Go have a smoke, it sounds like you need one.

EBan

Mar 20, 2016
I don't know how much your cigarettes cost but here in Edmonton, mine would cost $13.00 per pack of 25. I smoked one a day. The cost of a nice new tank and some coils would be, let's be generous, and say a week's worth of smoking. I have saved almost $1000 in the 2 months since I quit so for me this is more economical. I have owned my Aspire products for almost a year now (2 minis and an atlantis) and for the most part have had no problems except a few bad coils. In fact, I was using my temperature control tanks and my other subohm tanks for awhile and have gone back to using my mini nautilus because I believe it's a great little tank, especially for beginners. You obviously have had a bad experience and decided to trash the vaping industry in general because of it. Go have a smoke, it sounds like you need one.

(MODERATED) It was a lot more than "a" bad experience, it has been nothing BUT bad experiences. Like I said, while trying to figure out what happened I had two shops that knew absolutely nothing mislead me at every turn. Worse yet is that this tank caused an injury. My mouth and throat has been sore since the last incident with that tank, a week ago. Yeah, I have a right to be ....... Even more infuriating and what solidifies my position on this industry is how willing you people are to defend a product that has caused me, and I am sure others, physical harm. That is truly vile. You and your ilk have a good one, I am taking a step out of your guys' toxic echo chamber. Clearly you are all comfortable with terrible products hurting people and simply wont hear that they do. You seem to idolize a product and believe it can do no wrong, which is sad. I want nothing to do with any of you.

If you had this problem and it was just purchased why not return it for your money back?

Because I destroyed the coils tearing them a part to try and figure out what exactly was happening so now I do not have all the original parts to return it. Furthermore, I opened a case with the FDA/CTP and Attorney General of my state due to how severe the pain it caused was and the fact that my throat and mouth has been sore for a week since the incident. I'd rather wait to see if they want to see the product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Did you buy your stuff from www.myvapestore.com or www.myvaporstore.com ? My Vapor Store is a large, well respected retailer in the community. My Vape Store, which you linked on a previous page, doesn't appear to be a legit site...my computer freaked out when I went there, which makes me think that they wouldn't sell legit items.

Do you still have the coils? I'd love to see a pic of the burning wire. I can't figure out how the wire could burn, but not burn the cotton surrounding it?

EBan

Mar 20, 2016
Did you buy your stuff from www.myvapestore.com or www.myvaporstore.com ? My Vapor Store is a large, well respected retailer in the community. My Vape Store, which you linked on a previous page, doesn't appear to be a legit site...my computer freaked out when I went there, which makes me think that they wouldn't sell legit items.

Do you still have the coils? I'd love to see a pic of the burning wire. I can't figure out how the wire could burn, but not burn the cotton surrounding it?

It was myvaporstore.com, I can login and see my order. I just made a mistake when typing it out a few times. No, I dont have a camera to do that with right now. My phone has a bad digitizer and I still havent gotten around to getting the money together to replace it. When someone comes home with a working camera phone I will see what I can do.

I .... you not though, the coil is burning and not the cotton. The coil continues to burn even if the coil is flooded as well. It ALWAYS produces a thick noxious cloud of what is most definitely smoke with a tiny bit of vapor. The taste does not change between flavors either leaving me to believe it is not the ejuice burning.

Another keynote here is that the ejuice never picks up a burnt flavor or gets discolored. Which is very odd. Also my Mark 10 XL cigalike out performs the tank in both flavor and vapor production. I have been refilling the same cart for it with the same ejuice I used in this tank. Figured I mind as well finish off what I have.

However, it doesnt matter. I have been shown I cannot trust people in the industry. I had 2 shop owners completely lie to me, (1 said it cant run over 1w, the other said it cant run under 20w), have been sold a product that causes physcial harm, and have been bombarded by people who just blatantly refuse to accept that this is a dangerous scenario and product. I cant be a part of an industry/community as toxic and deceitful as that. I've already given up on the notion that vaping is a viable alternative for me and I simply do not have the money to waste on trying part after part in hopes one MIGHT work, that's food off my table and out of my families mouths.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Well that's good, I'm glad that you got it from some place reputable. I've run 3 Nautilus Minis for a year or so now with very few problems, and it's probably one of the most recommended MTL tanks. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it, but please don't paint the whole vaping community with such broad strokes.

The shop owners/workers could very well have been idiots or there was some kind of misunderstanding. I've had very few bad experiences in my 3 years of vaping. I'm a middle aged woman who does not fit the image of a typical vaper, but I've found the community (here on ECF and in my town) to be welcoming and helpful. I think you have had a lot of people in this thread that have tried to help you figure out what's going on, because more than anything, people here want to see you be successful in quitting smoking.

Whatever you do, good luck. Try some other methods of quitting the cigarettes, every one smoked is more money in the pocket of the tobacco companies. You want to talk about lying and untrustworthy...yikes.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Had to do some cleaning up in here...

I can completely understand the frustration but there are many here trying to help you...attacking them in return for their kindness...well, we just don't permit that here.

Forum Rules
9. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

I wish you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread