Athena Hero 240 Watts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Yes, you read that right, 240 watts! The Athena Hero... with 3D View.

1. Variable Wattage:5.0W -240W
    2. Input voltage: 8-12.6V, 3 series lithium battery.
    3. Output Voltage:0.0V-10V
    4. Resistance range: 0.05-4.00Ω,For coils between 0.45-4.00 the chip will provide a maximum voltage output of 10V.
    5. 2 Modes: Power Mode,Temperature control mode
    6. The most advanced Intelligent Temp control system from 100-300℃ or 200-600℉
    7. Lithium Battery type:discharge current larger than 25A, without protection board.
    8. Removable 3pcs 18650 battery
    9. Output over-discharge protection
    10. Original PCB and program design

201512161848176480.png

Athena Hero - 03.JPG

Attachments

• Athena Hero - 02.JPG
      Athena Hero - 02.JPG
      72.1 KB · Views: 49
    Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    "40A" batts...

I like the individual battery meters.

The reviews on this should be hilarious. The builds will boggle the mind! :D

Would I buy one? I don't know just yet...2016 just got rocking and apparently the competition between these vendors is just heating up!

40A batteries are only for the Chinese scientists working on this project. :w00t:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Yes, you read that right, 240 watts! The Athena Hero... with 3D View.

1. Variable Wattage: 5.0W - 240W
    2. Input voltage: 8 - 12.6V, 3 series lithium battery
    3. Output Voltage: 0.0V - 10V

Nice powerful mod ... Could also be used in it's alternate function ... as a backup battery for starting a car.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Not sure where the 40A thing is coming from, but current draw at 240 watts with three batteries maxes out at 30A :)

It is an exaggeration on the part of one of the Chinese battery manufacturers. One of the pictures above that I did not make "full size" shows 40A batteries in the tray.

Reactions: Ryedan

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sounds good, but why?
    No one even comes close to 200w why do we keep pushing for more watts instead of more important things like better battery life?

It's innovative. I think we will see a top coming soon here though in the wattage wars, and then even more innovation will occur.

I'm all for better batteries, better and safer box and mech mods, better RDAs/RTAs/tanks, better coiling systems, more stable flavors in e-liquids, etc. This is just where they can punch out with the backgrounds they all have - wattage. I wouldn't get depressed over it. It proves that the industry is thriving and new ideas are coming to the market.

The reason for buying this other than RDAs that req support for low ohm reading coils, would be that you take long road trips and don't want to change batteries.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    It's innovative. I think we will see a top coming soon here though in the wattage wars, and then even more innovation will occur.

I'm all for better batteries, better and safer box and mech mods, better RDAs/RTAs/tanks, better coiling systems, more stable flavors in e-liquids, etc. This is just where they can punch out with the backgrounds they all have - wattage. I wouldn't get depressed over it. It proves that the industry is thriving and new ideas are coming to the market.

The reason for buying this other than RDAs that req support for low ohm reading coils, would be that you take long road trips and don't want to change batteries.
    What gives you the idea it gets good battery life?

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    What gives you the idea it gets good battery life?

Currently I have two Sigelei box mods, a 75W and 150W unit. People vaping between 55W and 75W are going to get more battery life with two 18650 batteries over one 18650, and by the same logic, if they are not pushing over 100W, they will get more vaping out of a three 18650 batteries over a two battery 18650 unit.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Currently I have two Sigelei box mods, a 75W and 150W unit. People vaping between 55W and 75W are going to get more battery life with two 18650 batteries over one 18650, and by the same logic, if they are not pushing over 100W, they will get more vaping out of a three 18650 batteries over a two battery 18650 unit.
    Oh. I thought it had a 3s lipo for some reason.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Sounds good, but why?
    No one even comes close to 200w why do we keep pushing for more watts instead of more important things like better battery life?

With 7500-9000 mAh on board, this puppy will give folks the most battery life you can get these days. Tootle puff at 8 watts and SE suggests you'll get 2248-2697, 5 second drags out of it. That's not too shabby!

Higher mAh 18650 size batteries would be nice for reduced size and weight, but I doubt that technology will come from an ecig manufacturer. The auto industry is working on it though. Then again, they have been at it for a while now
    dash1.gif

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    With 7500-9000 mAh on board, this puppy will give folks the most battery life you can get these days. Tootle puff at 8 watts and SE suggests you'll get 2248-2697, 5 second drags out of it. That's not too shabby!

Higher mAh 18650 size batteries would be nice for reduced size and weight, but I doubt that technology will come from an ecig manufacturer. The auto industry is working on it though. Then again, they have been at it for a while now
    dash1.gif

Yes! I agree 100 with everything you said.

Looking fwd to what Panasonic does, as they are working with Musk on his electric car.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread